2 Sep 2023
COPENHAGEN BUSINESS SCHOOL
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Leading Researcher (R4)
- Application Deadline
1 Oct 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Readvertisement to expand the number of qualified candidates
Department of Organization, Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a full-time faculty position as Associate or full Professor in Leadership and Organization.
The call includes the following types of positions:
- Associate professor: The position is a permanent position with research and teaching obligations.
- Professor: The position is a permanent, full professorship with research and teaching obligations.
In announcing a position in leadership and organization, the department wishes to strengthen leadership in an organizational context as a field of interest at the department. The candidate is expected to contribute to developing the new CBS Leadership Centre. We seek candidates that would be excited to develop the following areas: 1) Research in leadership and organization; 2) Teaching in leadership and organization in bachelor, master, and PhD programs and in executive education 3) Collaboration and outreach regarding leadership and organization in accordance with CBS’s "Transforming society with business”-strategy.
Examples of research areas that the position might cover:
- Leadership and organizational change
- Leadership and value creation
- Leadership and responsibility
- Leadership and professionals
- Transformational leadership
- Collective leadership
- Leadership and diversity
- Leadership of private-, public-, and nonprofit organizations
- Leadership and organization in digital-, and green transitions
The Department of Organization (IOA) pursues a problem-oriented, business in society approach to understanding and intervening in organizations and organizational life. Our research is focused upon organizing processes and their outcomes, and driven by an interest in organization and management as a practical, situated, contested and changing matter. Our approach is interdisciplinary and combines social-scientific traditions such as organization theory, sociology, ethnography, political economy, and social psychology. Methodologically, our research is predominantly qualitative and often involves case study and fieldwork methodology.
Teaching responsibilities of the Department comprise undergraduate and graduate teaching as well as teaching in post-experience and doctoral education.
The position can be filled at either associate professor or professor level depending on the qualifications of the applicants. Applicants are requested to specify whether they want to be evaluated at the associate professor or professor level.
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department and the CBS Leadership Centre.
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs, including Executive Education
- Individual and group based research meeting high international standards
- Promoting CBS’s academic reputation
- Initiating, fund raising and coordinating research projects
- Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular, including participating in the public debate.
- Research meeting high international standards, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline
- Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching
- Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
The associate professor or professor is expected to contribute to the development and application of the research of the department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position.
- Advanced degree in a relevant academic field
- Documented pedagogical qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level. Please see guidelines for teaching portfolios .
- Documented research production at an international level, including publications in internationally recognized journals within the field of leadership and organization
- Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Teaching and research experience within the area of leadership and organization
- Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programs. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organization of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
For further information please contact: Head of Department Carsten Greve, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about the department may be found at: www.cbs.dk/en/research/departments-and-centres/department-of-organization
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organization.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
1. A statement of application.
2. Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
3. Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
4. Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level.
5. Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
6. A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to priorities their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
7. Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration).
The recruitment committee shortlists minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Copenhagen Business School invites all qualified candidates to apply for the position. An appointment committee will review the applications and invite a selection of qualified candidates to an interview.
One of CBS’ strategic goals is the promotion of diversity, which is why every effort has been made to ensure a recruitment process that reduces potential bias. Applicants are therefore encouraged not to include a photo or unnecessary personal information in their application.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk.
Closing date: October 1, 2023.
- Number of offers available
- COPENHAGEN BUSINESS SCHOOL
- Copenhagen, Hovedstaden (DK)
Where to apply
Copenhagen, Hovedstaden (DK)
Assistant Professor In Accounting At The Department Of Accounting, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 14 hours ago
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for one or more vacant Assistant Professorship (s) in Accounting at the Department of Accounting. Core research areas of the Department are (1) fina...
International Tenure Track Assistant Professorship In Digitalization, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 14 hours ago
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for one or more vacant Assistant Professorship (s) in Digitalization at the Department of Digitalization. It is the ambition of the Department to br...
International Tenure Track Assistant Professorships In Data Science And Cybersecurity, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 14 hours ago
International Tenure Track Assistant Professorships in Data Science and Cybersecurity Copenhagen Business School invites applications for one or more vacant Tenure Track Assistant Professorships i...
Assistant Professorship In Japanese Business At Cbs, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 14 hours ago
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant Assistant Professorship in Japanese Business at the Department of International Economics, Government and Business. EGB is a multidisci...
Student Assistant For Working In Entrepreneurship Research And Teaching, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 14 hours ago
Department of Business Humanities and Law (BHL) at Copenhagen Business School is looking to hire a Student Assistant for working in entrepreneurship research and teaching. The Department of Busine...
160075 Clinical Professor (Chair) Of Paediatrics (Fixed Term, 10 Years), University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 17 days ago
EXTENDED APPLICATION DEADLINE 23 November 2023 Clinical Professor (chair) of Paediatrics (Fixed-Term, 10 Years) Department of Clinical Medicine Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences University of...