The Department of Technology and Innovation (ITI) at the University of Southern Denmark invites applications for a position as Associate Professor in Sustainable Supply Chain Engineering at the Department of Technology and Innovation, University of Southern Denmark in Odense. The position is available from June 1, 2021 or as soon as possible hereafter.
The ideal candidate
The candidate should have a proven research record and experience in one or more of the following research areas
- Sustainable / green supply chain, Sustainable Circular Supply chain
- Sustainable Procurement
- Linking Industry 4.0 and circular economy with supply chain focus
Ideally, the candidate also has a proven ability to form and develop professional networks and to engage with external partners and stakeholders from industry and academia.
Our new colleague
We expect that our new colleague
- Is an engineer with a relevant PhD in Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Has a strong record of research at a high international level with respect to academic age
- Can teach courses and supervise student projects in several of the departments educational programmes such as the B. Eng. programme in Global Management and Manufacturing, B. Eng. programme in Production Engineering and the M.Sc. Eng. Programme in Operations Management
- Has experience in attracting research funding
- Has excellent communication skills and the ability to teach in English
Further information is available by contacting the Head of the Department Peder Thusgaard Ruhoff, firstname.lastname@example.org , tel. +45 6550 8675.
Conditions of employment
Employment as an associate professor requires scientific qualifications at PhD level.
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. Please check links for more information on salary and taxation .
The assessment process
Read about the Assessment and selection process . Shortlisting may be used.
The faculty expects applicants to read How to apply before applying.
The application must be in English and must include:
- Motivated application
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Certificates/Diplomas (MSc and PhD)
- Information on previous teaching and supervision experience. Please attach as Teaching Portfolio
- List of publications indicating the publications attached
- Examples of the most relevant publications. Please attach one pdf-file for each publication
- Reference letters and other relevant qualifications may also be included.
The application deadline is 28.04.2021.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Further information for international applicants about entering and working in Denmark.
Further information about The Faculty of Engineering.
Associate Professor In Sustainable Supply Chain Engineering, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, 24 days ago
The Department of Technology and Innovation (ITI) at the University of Southern Denmark invites applications for a position as Associate Professor in Sustainable Supply Chain Engineering at the De...
Assistant / Associate Professor In Innovation And Product Development, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, 15 days ago
Applications are invited for one or more position(s) in innovation and product development at the section for Innovation and Design Engineering, Department of Technology and Innovation, University...
Associate Professor In Life Cycle Engineering, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, 16 days ago
The Department of Green Technology (IGT) at the Faculty of Engineering, University of Southern Denmark (SDU), invites applications for an associate professor position in life cycle engineering, ci...
Dtu Tenure Track Researcher/ Assistant Professor In Fisheries Technology, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 6 days ago
Applications are invited for positions as Tenure Track Researcher/ Assistant Professor with emphasis on research in relation to the development of technological solutions in fisheries. The researc...
Professor In Digitalization In Food Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 9 hours ago
The National Food Institute (DTU Food), a department at Technical University of Denmark–DTU, invites applications for a position as Professor in Food Processing Engineering to develop the research...
Assistant Professor In Urban Resilience, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, 6 days ago
The Department of Technology and Innovation (ITI) at the Faculty of Engineering (TEK) at the University of Southern Denmark (SDU), invites applications for a position as Assistant Professor in Urb...