The Department of Green Technology (IGT) at the Faculty of Engineering, University of Southern Denmark (SDU), invites applications for an associate professor position in life cycle engineering, circular economy and waste management systems. The position will be placed in the Center for Life Cycle Engineering and is available from October 1st, 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter.
SDU Life Cycle Engineering focuses on education and research contributing to global sustainability. With the announced position, LCE wishes to strengthen the capacity for holistic assessment of pathways towards a circular economy. The position targets both practical and technological aspects (e.g. waste and resources characterization, techno-economic analysis) and the development of key tools and methods for modelling and evaluation of material cycles within local to global economic settings.
Your past research should include modeling of processes, environmental (life cycle assessment) and economic assessment of integrated waste management systems, with specific focus on resource recovery processes such as collection, sorting and reprocessing/recycling. In addition, your experience should include application of one of the following methodologies:
- Static and dynamic material flow analysis (MFA) of resource and product systems
- Environmentally-extended input-output analysis and process/hybrid life cycle assessment (LCA)
Responsibilities and tasks:
The candidate will perform research, contribute to the teaching tasks, and share other responsibilities in the department. The candidate will engage in training of the next generation of researchers and environmental engineers, and is expected to collaborate with researchers and especially with stakeholders across sectors, including policy makers, non-governmental organizations and industry. Main activities will include:
- Teaching future engineers (MSc. courses in waste management technology, environmental assessment) and training and supervision of doctoral students;
- Develop an ambitious research program, write national and international grant proposals;
- Contribute to regional sustainability and circular economy transition strategies, including by fostering close collaboration with regional stakeholders;
- Building collaborations with researchers from other SDU departments covering a wide range of technology domains.
- You bring strong expertise and an adequate track record in the research topics listed above
- You have an adequate record of funding acquisition and project management
- You have adequate teaching experience
- You hold a relevant PhD degree
- You have a network of relevant international collaborators
- You enjoy working with complex topics using a systems perspective.
Read more and apply at https://www.sdu.dk/en/service/ledige_stillinger/vip
Associate Professor In Life Cycle Engineering , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, about 17 hours ago
The Department of Green Technology (IGT) at the Faculty of Engineering, University of Southern Denmark (SDU), invites applications for an associate professor position in life cycle engineering, ci...
Green Am: Towards Sustainable Additive Manufacturing, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, about 12 hours ago
(ref. BAP-2021-383) Laatst aangepast : 7/05/2021 The Life Cycle Engineering Research group of KU Leuven is part of the Department of Mechanical Engineering, but houses an interdiscplinary team of ...
Core Laboratory Engineer, Micro Nano Fabrication, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
ORGANIZATION NAME Khalifa University ABOUT UNIVERSITY Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The Univ...
Administrative Project Manager, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, 1 day ago
Administrative Project Manager for the European Horizon 2020 Project "REFLOW" The Department of Operations Management at Copenhagen Business School (CBS) invites applications for one fulltime proj...
Assistant Professor Of Design And Construction Management, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 23 days ago
To complement our recent new hires of PhD researchers and faculty members, the DCM team is now hiring another Tenure Track Assistant Professorship in the complementary area of organisation studies...
Assistant Director For Diversity, Equity, And Inclusion – Student Affairs, Pennsylvania State University, United States, 22 days ago
CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS: If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process . ...