DTU Centre for Technology Entrepreneurship and DTU Skylab are opening a position for an Associate Professor, with a deep engagement in education and research, to join the flagship initiative Technology Leaving No One Behind. This initiative supports the development of socially sustainable technology development within innovation and entrepreneurship at the university. The Associate Professor is both proactive and structured, with comprehensive knowledge within the areas of co-creation, facilitation, universal design, and has a passion for education development, development of pedagogical tools and resources, implementation and to support impact measurement of abovementioned resources.
The Associate Professor will be part of the Technology Leaving No One Behind project team with a senior project manager, innovation consultant, and student assistants, and will actively work with a PhD student on the project. This research will focus on method development and implementation of an inclusive mindset at a technical university, and impact measures thereof. In addition, the Associate professor will be part of a supervision team of three professors, together with an Associate professor from DTU Centre for Technology Entrepreneurship and a Professor from DTU Management.
Responsibilities and qualifications
The primary contribution of the Associate Professor role in the Technology Leaving No One Behind project is the continuous development of the integration of universal design and inclusion in educational activities across the university. This should be achieved through continuous development of education material and resources available to our students. This role is instrumental in attracting both funding and student talent to expand our activities in these areas.
The Associate Professor will be responsible for the teaching multiple courses. DTU employs two working languages: Danish and English. You are expected to be fluent in at least one of these languages, and in time are expected to master both.
As a part of your key responsibilities, you will:
- Contribute to meaningful education for the department, both in own courses, but also across study programs at DTU
- Publish impactful work in leading journals and conferences in your field.
- Secure funding for your research area from both Denmark and the European Union.
- Teach, guide, and supervise BSc and MSc student projects, as well as supervise PhD students.
- Contribute to existing courses in the Design & Innovation study program and design and develop a novel course modules for both the BSc and MSc level.
- Develop an infrastructure for a Design Lab in DTU Skylab, with special focus on methods and tools for user research and user involvement.
- Actively participate in the continuous development and growth of the centres educational resources.
We are recruiting a candidate with a strong track record within a broad range of fields related to these areas. We list below several examples.
- Universal design and inclusion in education.
- Co-creation and/or co-design with focus on user involvement.
- Creativity applied in design processes.
- Facilitation in co-creation and innovation processes
- Design methods
As formal qualification you must hold a PhD degree as well as having academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding an assistant professorship and documented didactic/pedagogic training.
You will be assessed against the responsibilities and qualifications stated above and the following general criteria:
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research experience
- Research vision and potential
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
Furthermore, you will also be assessed against:
- Demonstrated ability to teach a variety of courses both undergraduate and graduate levels
- Strong publication record and impact in relevant journals
- Demonstrated ability to attract funding.
- Experience in collaborating with companies and/or inter-disciplinary research.
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and appointment terms
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. We expect the Associate Professor to start by 1 January 2024.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here .
For further information, please contact Associate Professor Carina Lomberg (email@example.com ).
You can read more about Technology Leaving No One Behind here , and DTU Skylab here .
You can read more about DTU Centre for Technology Entrepreneurship here and DTU Management here .
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark .
Your complete online application must be submitted no later than 26 September 2023 (23:59 Danish time). Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Vision for teaching and research
- CV including employment history, list of publications (applicants applying for the position as associate professor should indicate scientific highlights), H-index and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/)
- Teaching portfolio including documentation of teaching experience
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
- Example grant proposals you have written (unsuccessful examples are fine)
- A list of your 5 selected publications that highlight your field of research (no PDF needed, links or titles are fine)
- 2 references (who we can contact for further details)
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Technology for people
DTU develops technology for people. With our international elite research and study programmes, we are helping to create a better world and to solve the global challenges formulated in the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Hans Christian Ørsted founded DTU in 1829 with a clear mission to develop and create value using science and engineering to benefit society. That mission lives on today. DTU has 13,500 students and 6,000 employees. We work in an international atmosphere and have an inclusive, evolving, and informal working environment. DTU has campuses in all parts of Denmark and in Greenland, and we collaborate with the best universities around the world.
Associate Professor Or Dtu Tenure Track Assistant Professor In Daylighting And Lighting In Buildings , ;, Denmark, 18 days ago
DTU Sustain invites applications for a position as an Associate Professor or Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Daylighting and Lighting in Buildings. The research focus is on integrated daylight...
Re Advertisement: Tenure Track Assistant Professor / Associate Professor In Design & Manufacturing Engineering, The Design Society, Denmark, about 5 hours ago
Location: Aarhus, Denmark Role: Tenure-Track Assistant Professor / Associate Professor Closing Date: 02 January 2024 Expected Start Date: 01 June 2024 (or as soon as possible) Link to job advert: ...
Cese Ph D Stipend In Science Education Research At Department Of Sustainability And Planning: Technology Literacy In Science Education, Aalborg University, Denmark, about 9 hours ago
The research project The PhD fellowship will be linked to the CESE Technology Literacy in Science Education research project. This project is intended to support and enhance the foundational frame...
Tenure Track Assistant Professor, Associate Professor Or Full Professor Of Data Visualization, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 3 days ago
28 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Copenhagen Department Department of Computer Science Research Field Computer science Engineering Mathematics Researcher Profile Estab...
Professors In Computer Science(2023 224 05615), Aalborg University, Denmark, about 6 hours ago
Over the last years, the department has grown over 25% in scientific staff, hiring more than 15 assistant/associate professors. This expansion is fueled by the success of our educations and our st...
Assistant Professor In Mechanical Design And Manufacturing Of Medical Devices, University of Twente, Netherlands, 1 day ago
Vacancies Assistant Professor in Mechanical Design and Manufacturing of Medical Devices Key takeaways We are looking for an Assistant Professor who has a strong profile in the entire development c...