The Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Institute at The University of Southern Denmark seeks to recruit several , associate, and/or assistant professors with a strong background in Software Technology or Software Engineering for SDU’s campus in Sønderborg. The beautiful campus in Sønderborg is located in the inspiring building of Alsion, which is a center for science, culture and learning in the heart of Sønderborg and perched on the strait of water separating the island of Als from the mainland. The university has very close relations to industries in Sønderborg, Southern Denmark and Northern Germany.
The Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Institute is an internationally recognized institute, which has maintained a leading position in robotics for more than three decades. The institute is the origin of robotics research in Denmark and has spawned the world-renowned cluster of robotics in Odense. The institute is now building up a Center for Industrial software research and education at its campus in Sønderborg with a vision of creating world class knowledge in valuable collaboration with industry providing a unique opportunity to be part of the center and to form the new group. It is expected that the center will grow substantially in the coming years and collaborate closely with the already established Center for Industrial Electronics and Center for Industrial Mechanics in Sønderborg as well as with the industry, which count world leading companies in growing fields such as e-mobility, automation, climate solutions and energy efficiency. Learn more about our institute at https://www.sdu.dk/mmmi
The group will be part of the Software Engineering section of the institute that is currently expanding its engagement in software technology and software engineering including:
- Software development and programming technologies
- Software engineering
- Software testing and verification
- Software technology for cloud and edge computing including green computing
- Data management, artificial intelligence and data-science technologies including generative, explainable, active and federated learning.
These areas are central to our activities and within a broad range of application domains, including industrial applications. You will interact with a dynamic group of researchers working in interdisciplinary teams on developing potent solutions to societal challenges.
You have a PhD in software engineering/computer science or another computational discipline relevant to this position. You have achieved funding success commensurate with the targeted rank (professor, associate, or assistant professor). You are an excellent collaborator, able to work in complex international multi-stakeholder environments. You are also an effective and inspiring communicator end attentive listener. Talent, experience, and success with industrial cooperation is a plus.
- A position where you will be part of a dynamic institute while working in areas of tremendous potential and societal relevance within the SDU Software Engineering section.
- A vibrant and adventurous environment comprising research and teaching at international level in software engineering, robotics, applied AI and data science, drone and autonomous system technology, games and learning technology, and health informatics and technology.
- The associate professorship position is a tenured/permanent position.
- An appointment as assistant professor lasts for three years, and contingent on successful completion of a lecturer training programme and a positive performance evaluation, a permanent position for associate professor is normally opened, for which the assistant professor can apply.
- Integration into the world-renowned Odense Robotics Cluster and national initiatives, such as, Digital Research Centre Denmark (direc.dk).
- Interdisciplinary collaborations both with in SDU and with many external entities.
- Excellent technical facilities both at the Institute and in the wider Engineering Faculty are available to support adventurous research.
- The opportunity to live and work in one of the happiest countries in the world that also offers excellent and free health and education systems.
Further information is available from the Head of Section, Torben Worm, email@example.com , or Professor Mikkel Baun Kjærgaard, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience technical problems, you must contact email@example.com .
Conditions of employment
Employment as an assistant professor requires scientific qualifications at PhD level and is a 3-year temporary position. The employment will cease without further notice at the end of the period.
Employment as an associate professor is a permanent position and requires scientific qualifications at PhD level.
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. Please check link for more information on salary and taxation .
The assessment process
Read about the Assessment and selection process . Shortlisting may be used.
The faculty expects applicants to read How to apply before applying.
The application must be in English and must include:
- Motivated application
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Certificates/Diplomas (MSc and PhD)
- Information on previous teaching and supervision experience. Please attach as 'Teaching Portfolio'.
- List of publications indicating the publications attached
- Examples of the most relevant publications. Please attach one pdf-file for each publication
- Reference letters and other relevant qualifications may also be included.
The application deadline is 16.10.2023.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Scientific Software Developer Of Ml Based Apps And Ap Is For Computer Guided Accelerated Materials Disocvery Dtu Energy, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 4 days ago
The Department of Energy Conversion and Storage (DTU Energy) and the Sections for Autonomous Materials Discovery (AMD) and Atomic-Scale Materials Simulations (ASM) at the Technical University of D...
Dtu Tenure Track Assistant Professor Or Associate Professor In Health Data Science Dtu Health Tech, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 10 hours ago
The Department of Health Technology (DTU Health Tech) at Technical University of Denmark has 1-2 vacancies at the level of Assistant Professor (tenure-track) or Associate Professor in Applied Data...
Dtu Tenure Track Assistant Professor In Explainable Ai Bioinformatics Dtu Health Tech, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 15 days ago
If you are at the start of your career as scientist in Bioinformatics and you are looking for the best possible foundation for getting established in the academic world, the possibility is right h...
Professor In Quantitative Environmental Sustainability Assessment Dtu Sustain, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 10 hours ago
The Department of Environmental and Resource Engineering (DTU Sustain) at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) offers a professor position in Sustainability Assessment. Expected start date is...
Data Engineer With A Flair For Dev Ops For Research Portal Denmark It Service (Ait), Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 22 days ago
We are seeking a new team member to join the Research Portal Denmark team. We are the developers of a national infrastructure that hosts an expanding array of databases, enabling open and robust o...
Dtu Tenure Track Assistant Professor In Digitalization And System Integration Of Heat Pumps – Dtu Construct, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 4 days ago
DTU, Department of Civil and Mechanical Engineering (DTU Construct) is looking for a Tenure Track Assistant Professor who will have responsibility for teaching and research in the field of refrige...