Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant Assistant Professorship in Japanese Business at the Department of International Economics, Government and Business.
EGB is a multidisciplinary department that conducts high-quality research in the fields of international business and political science with direct relevance to business, policymakers, and the public. Research at the department focuses on two principal focus areas, Business & Government and International Business, in relation to societal challenges. These challenges include the consequences of inequality; the impact of technological change and digital transformation; the ethical dilemmas facing MNEs, regulatory challenges, the changes brought about by emerging markets and the rise of Asia; the consequences of global shifts for public policy, and the relationship between business and democracy.
Faculty apply advanced quantitative and qualitative methods to generate systematic knowledge about business-government relations and international business relations. To learn more about the research and education of the department, please visit the departmental homepage here .
Much of EGB’s teaching is affiliated with the BSc/MSc in International Business and Politics (IBP); the BSc/MSc in International Business (IB); and the BSc in International Business in Asia (IBA).
Examples of research areas that the assistant professor might cover:
- Japanese business organization, international strategy and management
- Japan’s business system and political economy
- Japan’s corporate strategies in light of globalization
- Sustainability in Japanese MNE corporate strategies
The assistant professorship is a fixed term position (3 years) with research and teaching obligations.
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department. The successful applicant is obliged to participate in the assistant professor program at CBS on teaching principles and methods in order to fulfill the pedagogical requirements made at the end of the term of employment as assistant professor.
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs, including Executive Education
- Individual and group based research meeting high international standards
- Promoting CBS’s academic reputation
- Initiating, fund raising and coordinating research projects
- Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the department and to CBS-wide tasks
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular
- Research, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline
- Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching
- Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
The assistant professor is expected to contribute to the development and application of the research of the department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS’ international research position.
The applicant must hold a PhD or the equivalent. Emphasis is placed on the applicant’s research potential, which means that a researcher with a large research potential may be preferred to a researcher with a large research production.
The applicant must have professional proficiency in English (written and spoken). Proficiency in Japanese language is desirable.
CBS has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programmes. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organisation of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
For further information please contact: Head of Department Jens Gammelgaard, e-mail [email protected] .
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Taxation’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
- A statement of application.
- Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
- Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
- Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of pedagogical level, including recent teaching evaluations. Reflections on pedagogical core strengths, the educational competencies the applicant would like to develop, and the teaching opportunities you would like to pursue in the near future. The reflection can be structured to demonstrate development or highlight a specific theme that worked on in teaching.
- Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
- A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritise their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
- Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration.
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application.
CBS must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
CBS invites all qualified candidates to apply for the position. An appointment committee will review the applications and invite a selection of qualified candidates to an interview.
One of CBS’ strategic goals is the promotion of diversity, which is why every effort has been made to ensure a recruitment process that reduces potential bias. Applicants are therefore encouraged not to include a photo or unnecessary personal information in their application.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk .
Closing date: 1 February 2024.
CBS is a globally recognised business school with deep roots in the Nordic socio-economic model. Our faculty has a broad focus on societal challenges, and we have earned a reputation for high-quality disciplinary and interdisciplinary research and education.
We are located at Frederiksberg and have approximately 20,000 full and part-time students, 800 full-time faculty members, 200 PhD students and 700 administrative staff, and a full portfolio of bachelor, master, MBA/EMBA, PhD and executive programmes taught in English and Danish.
Our global profile carries the obligation to address critical challenges in our research and to develop the transformational capabilities of students, graduates and business leaders via our educational activities and opportunities for lifelong learning. Complex challenges call for joint action, and therefore our strategy focuses on strengthening current and starting new partnerships with other sciences, the business community, authorities and civil society.
CBS is working continuously on becoming a diverse and inclusive organisation, and we encourage all regardless of gender identity and expression, ethnicity, religious beliefs, LGBT+ status, cultural background etc. to apply.
Reach out to us if you need assistance in the application or recruitment process, if there is something we should know, or if as a person with disability you wish to make use of your preferential access.
Associate Professorship In Climate And Contract Law, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, 19 days ago
6 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Copenhagen Business School Research Field Juridical sciences » Environmental law Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Denmark Appli...
Assistant Professorship In Finance, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, 2 days ago
23 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Copenhagen Business School Research Field Economics » Financial science Economics » Business economics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2...
Associate Professorship In Statistics, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, 27 days ago
29 Jan 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Copenhagen Business School Department Department of Finance Research Field Economics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Denmark ...
Assistant Professor In Organization Theory And The Impact Of Funding On Organizational Forms, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, 26 days ago
30 Jan 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Copenhagen Business School Department The Department of Organization Research Field Economics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country...
Assistant Professor In Japanese Business Management, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Singapore, about 1 month ago
26 Jan 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE Research Field Management sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Count...
Susmat Rc Assistant Professor In Bio Chemical Process Design And Engineering, MOHAMMED VI POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY, Morocco, 1 day ago
24 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company MOHAMMED VI POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY Research Field Engineering Chemistry Engineering Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Resea...