The Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Institute at The University of Southern Denmark in Odense seeks to recruit an assistant professor with a strong background in Software Technology or Software Engineering. Talent and experience, success with industrial cooperation is a plus.
The Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Institute is an internationally recognized institute, which has maintained a leading position in robotics for more than three decades. The institute is the origin of robotics research in Denmark and has spawned the world-renowned cluster of robotics in Odense with more than 130 robotics companies including Universal Robots and Mobile Industrial Robots. Building on our expertise in robotics and software, we have raised strong research centers in related domains, such as Health Informatics and Energy Informatics, and in recent years also put the institute in the lead of drone research.
Learn more about our institute and the Software Engineering Section at https://www.sdu.dk/mmmi
The institute is currently expanding its engagement in software technology and software engineering including programming languages, software architecture, distributed, mobile and ubiquitous systems, cyber-physical systems, and web technology. These areas are central to our activities and research in software, as well as a broad range of application domains, including industrial applications in relation to SDU’s state-of-the-art Industry 4.0 lab, which is the largest of its kind in Denmark and houses the newest robotics technology, storage cells, mobile robots, AR/VR technology, and digital twin technology. You will interact with a dynamic group of researchers working in interdisciplinary teams on developing potent solutions to societal challenges.
You have a PhD in software engineering/computer science or another computational discipline relevant to this position. You are an excellent collaborator, able to work in complex international multi-stakeholder environments. You are also an effective and inspiring communicator end attentive listener.
It is furthermore beneficial if you have experience with industrial collaboration, e.g. in smart manufacturing systems, or other relevant areas, as well as with designing, implementing, and evaluating software systems
- A position where you will be part of a dynamic institute while working in an area of tremendous potential and societal relevance within the SDU Software Engineering section.
- A vibrant and adventurous environment comprising research and teaching at international level in robotics, applied AI and data science, drone and autonomous system technology, games and learning technology, software engineering, and health informatics and technology.
- Interdisciplinary collaborations both within SDU and with many external entities.
- Excellent technical facilities both at the Institute and in the wider Engineering Faculty are available to support adventurous research.
- The opportunity to live and work in one of the happiest countries in the world.
Further information about this position is available from Head of Section, Associate Professor Torben Worm, email@example.com , +4593507372
Conditions of employment
Employment as an assistant professor requires scientific qualifications at PhD level. Employment as an assistant professor is temporary and will cease without further notice at the end of the period.
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. Please check the links for more information on salary and taxation .
The assessment process
Read about the Assessment and selection process . Shortlisting may be used.
The faculty expects applicants to read How to apply before applying.
If you experience technical problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
The application must be in English and must include the following - the required forms can be found at the above-mentioned Faculty website :
- Motivation letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. 2 pages). Upload in the field called "Project description".
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, including personal contact information, describing research, along with any other relevant information, e.g. teaching experience, computational skills etc.
- Verified copies of official Certificates/Diplomas (BSc, MSc and PhD)
- List of publications with most relevant publications highlighted.
- Up to three names and emails of researchers, who can provide an informed reference letter at short notice. (Reference letters and other relevant qualifications may also be included.)
The application deadline is April 15th, 2023.
Professor Positions At Sdu Center For Energy Informatics, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, 29 days ago
2 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Southern Denmark Department Faculty of Engineering Research Field Engineering » Other Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) Count...
Education/Research Officer In Robotics (1.0 Fte), AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 21 days ago
The University of Groningen is a research university with a global outlook, deeply rooted in Groningen, City of Talent. Quality has had top priority for over four hundred years, and with success: ...
Ph.D. Position In Applicability Of Parameter And State Estimation Using Modulating Functions, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, 22 days ago
9 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Southern Denmark Department Faculty of Engineering Research Field Engineering » Other Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) C...
Associate Professor In Control Engineering, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, 23 days ago
8 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Southern Denmark Department Faculty of Engineering Research Field Engineering » Control engineering Researcher Profile Leading Researc...
Professor/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor In Electrical Engineering And Computer Science, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Arab Emirates, 11 days ago
19 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company KHALIFA UNIVERSITY Research Field Computer science Engineering Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Un...
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) Or Associate Professor In Empirical Software Engineering At Aarhus University, Aarhus University, Denmark, 1 day ago
Aarhus University, Denmark - an international top-100 university - has made an ambitious strategic investment in a recruitment plan to radically expand the Department of Electrical and Computer En...