The Department of Technology and Innovation (ITI) at the Faculty of Engineering (TEK) at the University of Southern Denmark (SDU), invites applications for a position as Assistant Professor in Urban Resilience within the Urban Resilience Group (SDU-Resilience) at the Section for Civil and Architectural Engineering (CAE).
The assistant professorship is a 3-year temporary position with obligations in research and teaching, and requires completion of the Danish University Teaching Education certificate as part of the position. Contingent on successful completion of a lecturer training programme and a positive performance evaluation, a permanent position for associate professor may be opened, for which the assistant professor can apply.
SDU-Resilience is an expanding research team, coordinated by Professor WSR on Urban Resilience Nicola Tollin, which is based at the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Southern Denmark in Odense, and with subsidiary offices within BLOXHUB in Copenhagen.
The research group develops transdisciplinary research, education and knowledge transfer activities on urban resilience at international level.
Research in this area investigates urban resilient transition, addressing systemically the causes and effects of climate change in cities, including climate change adaptation and mitigation, and other related major urban challenges: urbanization, sustainable development, pandemics and disaster risk reduction.
The objective of the research is to inform policymaking at international and national level, and to support science-based urban planning and design for local action, both in the Global North and South.
The specific knowledge areas of interest include:
- Water and Human Settlements
- Resilient Coastal and Maritime Planning
- Green Infrastructures for Climate Adaptation
- Circular Economy and Built Environment
- Human Health in Cities
- Climate Change Governance
- Climate Action and Capacity Building
Duties and responsibilities
The post-holder will contribute to further develop and expand research, education and knowledge transfer activities across the urban resilience group knowledge areas, with specific focus on urban planning and design, particularly in relation to water and human settlements, resilient coastal and maritime planning knowledge areas.
The specific duties of the research fellow in urban resilience include:
- Play a significant role in initiating and delivering research projects with high international impact.
- Collaborate in the publication of research outcomes in high quality scientific journals and books.
- Actively participate in attracting external funding for research, innovation and education activities from private and public donors.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of educational and capacity building courses.
- Supervise young researchers and support the professional development of junior staff.
- Work collaboratively with peers across the faculty, as well as with private and public sector nationally and internationally.
Skills and qualifications
The candidate must have a PhD degree in urban resilience, urban planning, climate change, architecture, engineering or related areas.
The candidate shall demonstrate:
- Research and publication record in the knowledge areas.
- Experience in preparing applications for funding at national and international level.
- Track of record in teaching and supervision of students, particularly in the knowledge areas.
- International working experience, particularly in transdisciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- Experience in the implementation of projects at local level, particularly internationally, is an asset.
- Scientific and practical experience in the Global South, particularly in a developing context, is highly desirable.
- Track of record in developing and delivering capacity building and training courses for researcher and practitioners, is an asset.
- Knowledge of other languages, particularly Spanish, is desirable.
The position is open now and the start date is as soon as possible.
Further information about the position is available from Nicola Tollin, Professor wsr in Urban Resilience, tel. +45 93 50 74 70, email: email@example.com .
Read more and apply for the position at https://www.sdu.dk/en/service/ledige_stillinger/vip
Assistant Professor Of Institutional Rurban Sustainability Studies M/V, University of Twente (UT), Netherlands, 9 days ago
At CSTM, we focus on assessing and optimizing governance, emphasizing sustainable development, environmental quality and resilience, social inclusiveness, and (technological) innovation. CSTM root...
Assistant Professor Of Rurban Health Research M/V, University of Twente (UT), Netherlands, 9 days ago
The Department of Technology, Policy and Society (TPS), section Health Technology and Services Research (HTSR) at the University of Twente (UT) is seeking an assistant professor in the area of Hea...
Advisor Food System Resilience In Protracted Crises, Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands, about 20 hours ago
Are you an experienced professional specialised in food and agriculture in protracted crisis settings? Are you interested to support our growing portfolio of work aiming to build food system resil...
Professor In Electrical Engineering , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, about 14 hours ago
The region of Southern Denmark and North Germany is a powerhouse in industrial electronics, with World-leading companies in areas such as e-mobility, green transition and robotics. SDU Electrical ...
Director Of Finance And Operations, Usaid/Haiti Education And Resilience Activity, American Institutes for Research, Haiti, about 4 hours ago
Established in 1946, with headquarters in Crystal City, Virginia, AIR is an independent, nonpartisan, not-for-profit organization that conducts behavioral and social science research on important ...
Associate And Or Assistant Professors In Power Electronics In Odense , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, about 14 hours ago
Electrical Engineering at the Department of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering of the University of Southern Denmark is located on the international campus in Odense and...