Department of Organization, Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a full-time faculty position as Assistant, Associate or full Professor in organizational psychology and/or human resource management (HRM).
The call includes the following types of positions:
- Assistant professor: The position is a temporary position with research and teaching obligations.
- Associate professor: The position is a permanent position with research and teaching obligations.
- Professor: The position is a permanent, full professorship with research and teaching obligations.
In announcing a position in organizational psychology or HRM, the department wishes to strengthen three areas of interest: 1) Research in organizational psychology or HRM; 2) Collaboration with business and society regarding psychological dynamics in organizations or HRM; 3) Teaching organizational psychology or HRM in bachelor and masters programs.
Examples of research areas that the open rank professorship might cover:
- Social psychology of organizing
- Stress and well-being in organizations
- Test and assessment practices in organizations
- HRM and diversity management
- HRM in the Nordic welfare state context
- HRM, e-HRM and digitalization
- HRM and business development
IOA is a longstanding international department with an ambitious and friendly atmosphere comprising currently 55 faculty, 35 PhD students, and 11 administrative staff. Pursuing a problem-oriented, business-in-society-approach to studying and theorizing organizations and organizing processes at all levels, our mission is to carry out high quality research and research-based teaching characterized by empirical curiosity, methodological rigor, theoretical depth, and critical thinking. Our research is focused upon organizing processes and their outcomes and driven by an interest in organization and management as a practical, situated, contested and changing matter. This includes studies of private companies, public organizations, professional societies as well as NGOs. We investigate and discuss topics such as change and innovation processes, work and human resources, public management and governance, project management, institutional dynamics, market creation, expertise and power.
Our social-scientific approach includes scholarly traditions such as organization theory, sociology, organizational psychology, science and technology studies, and political economy. We value qualitative methods highly and typically employ case studies, ethnographic methods, or social network analysis.
Teaching responsibilities of the Department comprise undergraduate and graduate teaching as well as teaching in post-experience and doctoral education.
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department.
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs, including Executive Education
- Individual and group based research meeting high international standards
- Promoting CBS’s academic reputation
- Initiating, fund raising and coordinating research projects
- Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular, including participating in the public debate.
- Research meeting high international standards, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline
- Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching
- Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
The assistant, associate professor or professor is expected to contribute to the development and application of the research of the department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position.
- Advanced degree in a relevant academic field
- Documented teaching qualifications and material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level. Please see guidelines for teaching portfolios .
- Documented research production at an international level, including publications in internationally recognized journals within the fields of organizational psychology and/or HRM.
- Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Teaching and research experience within the area of organizational psychology, HRM or related areas
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programs. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organization of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
For further information please contact: Head of Department Signe Vikkelsø, e-mail email@example.com . Information about the department may be found at: www.cbs.dk/en/research/departments-and-centres/department-of-organization
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organization.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
1. A letter of motivation, also specifying which type of position(s) applied for.
2. Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
3. Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
4. Documentation of pedagogical qualifications and teaching experience, preferably including evaluations.
5. Information indicating experience in research management, industry collaboration and international collaboration, external funding of research.
6. A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritize their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
7. Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration.
The recruitment committee shortlists minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk .
Closing date: May 1, 2021.
With some 21.422 full and part-time students, 644 full-time faculty members, 192 PhD and 724 administrative staff CBS is a unique business-oriented university with a full portfolio of Bachelor, Masters, MBA/EMBA, PhD and Executive programmes delivered in English and Danish. Our academic staff includes internationally-recognised experts in classical business disciplines as well as in philosophy, history, psychology, sociology, law, political science, information systems and culture.
Head Of Department Of Organization At Copenhagen Business School, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 10 hours ago
Lead a thriving, longstanding, and internationally well-reputed academic environment within organization studies. The Copenhagen Business School is looking for a committed and collaborative academ...
Assistant Professor In Human Resource Management / Organisational Behaviour, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 21 hours ago
Coventry University is achieving an unprecedented level of success. Having secured 26th spot in the 2021 Guardian University Guide, and Gold for outstanding teaching and learning in the 2017 Teach...
Assistant Professor In Hrm & Hr Analytics, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, 18 minutes ago
Are you looking for a challenging job in a dynamic setting? The Leadership & Management section at the Amsterdam Business School (ABS) , University of Amsterdam, invites applications for a tenure ...
Two Associate Professors Of Transformation Management, Radboud University, Netherlands, 6 days ago
Nijmegen School of Management The Nijmegen School of Management (NSM) is an academic centre of research and higher education, focusing on institutional and managerial issues within complex organis...
Assistant / Associate Professor, Human Resource Management (Hrm), Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
The beautiful and culturally progressive State of Qatar is home to the world-class post-secondary institution, College of the North Atlantic – Qatar (CNA-Q). Internationally recognized as a compre...
Assistant Professor In Hrm & Hr Analytics, University of Amsterdam (UvA), Netherlands, 17 days ago
Faculty of Economics and Business – Amsterdam Business School Education and Research at UvA Economics and Business (EB) provides academic courses for more than 7,000 students in Economics, Busine...