General course objectives:
To bring the student in contact with current research and development challenges faced by a partner from the audio and hearing aid industry; to get insight into specific issues in microacoustics; to understand, analyze, and solve a well-defined acoustic engineering problem within a short deadline.
A student who has met the objectives of the course will be able to:
- Analyze a technical challenge in terms of core functionality and target performance.
- Set up a suitable model using equivalent circuit method, BEM, or FEM to describe a complex acoustic-mechanical problem.
- Combine models to describe electrical, mechanical, and acoustic components.
- Consider challenges specific to the microacoustic domain and include them in models.
- Optimize model parameters to achieve target performance.
- Analyze simulation results to conclude and design different solutions.
- Fabricate and experimentally characterize optimized prototypes to compare with the models.
- Efficiently work in a group to fulfill a short deadline.
- Present decisions and results in terms of reports and presentations.
In the course an industrial partner will pose a technical challenge for sound propagation and effects in microacoustic devices. Students will work together in group projects to find solutions for the challenge. They will employ analytical and numerical methods to describe sound generation and propagation in order to find optimized design parameters. Proposed solutions will be evaluated in close cooperation with company engineers. Prototype designs can be realized using additive manufacturing.
R&D Engineer, Innerspec Technologies Europe, S.L., Spain, 2 days ago
Innerspec Technologies is the world leader in Electro Magnetic Acoustic Transducers (EMAT) and high-power ultrasonic instrumentation. Over the years Innerspec has built the largest selection of pr...
Developing Guided Wave Tomography For Anisotropic Waveguides, Guided Waves for Structural Health Monitoring (GW4SHM) H2020-MSCA-ITN-2019-860104, Estonia, 28 days ago
This PhD is funded by the Marie Curie program of the European Union through the Innovative Training Network GW4SHM on Guided Waves for Structural Health Monitoring Scientific context Current effor...
Safeguards Information Analyst (Statistical Data Analysis)(P4), International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Austria, 25 days ago
<p><strong>Organization: </strong>SGIM-Nuclear Fuel Cycle Analysis Section</p><p><strong>Primary Location: </strong>Austria-Vienna-Vienna-IAEA Headquarters</p><p><strong>Job Posting:</strong> 2020...
Experimental And Numerical Analysis Of Buffeting Phenomena And Its Influence On Far Field Noise..., KU Leuven, Belgium, about 7 hours ago
Benefits • A remuneration package in line with Marie Sklodowska Curie ITN regulations, which is competitive with industry standards in Belgium, a country with a high quality of life and excellent ...
Researcher, University of Gothenburg, Sweden, about 9 hours ago
The School of Public Health and Community Medicine conducts extensive education and research in global public health, general medicine, occupational medicine, environmental medicine, social medici...
Safeguards Information Analyst (Statistical Data Analysis)(P3), International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Austria, 25 days ago
<p><strong>Organization: </strong>SGIM-Nuclear Fuel Cycle Analysis Section</p><p><strong>Primary Location:</strong> Austria-Vienna-Vienna-IAEA Headquarters</p><p><strong>Job Po...