Advanced engineering thermodynamics
DTU Department of Mechanical Engineering
General course objectives:
To get a broad insight in advanced topics in thermodynamics as well as a deeper understanding of selected topics. To learn how to plan and conduct a lecture. To improve the ability to communicate and discuss scientific standpoints.
A student who has met the objectives of the course will be able to:
- Explain basic thermodynamic concepts and laws
- Describe the concepts entropy and exergy and their use in analyses of thermal energy systems
- Evaluate means for minimizing exergy losses in selected processes
- Analyze chemically reactive systems
- Analyze systems including mass transfer
- Evaluate the choice of equations of state for calculation of fluid properties
- Conduct advanced heat transfer calculations
- Plan and conduct a lecture within the scientific field
- Discuss form and content of a completed lecture
- Use and evaluate different teaching method
- Use adsvanced thermodynamics on a research case
First law of thermodynamics, second law of thermodynamics, exergy analysis, chemically reactive systems, mass transfer, equations of state, heat transfer
Professor(S) In Chemical And Biochemical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 11 hours ago
DTU Chemical Engineering aims at increasing the theoretical understanding of technical chemical and biochemical processes and products, while keeping industrial applicability in focus. Experimenta...
Nursing Technician Float Team Nursing Resource Office (Job Id #128354), University of Illinois, United States, 12 days ago
~~A(n) Nursing Technician typically - 1.administer, or assist with, basic personal hygiene to provide comfort and cleanliness, such as bathing, toileting, and feeding of patients. 2.carry out, or ...
Artificial Intelligence Based Smart Design For Conductive Pavement, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 20 hours ago
TitleArtificial Intelligence based Smart Design for Conductive PavementDescriptionRecently, conductive pavement is being developed to reduce traffic issues such as road icing and to improve the su...
Master Thesis: 3 D Ultrasound Thermometry, Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, Germany, 22 days ago
MASTER THESIS: 3D ULTRASOUND THERMOMETRY Ultrasound imaging is the most widespread diagnostic imaging modality. In addition to imaging purposes, ultrasound can as well be used for therapy monitori...
Public Safety Officer Police 69557, UTMB Health, United States, 14 days ago
Job ID 69557 Job Title Public Safety Officer - Police Full/Part Time Full-Time Location Galveston Business Unit CMPSS Regular/Temporary Regular Favorite Job Min Qualifications High school or equiv...
Transport Agent Based Modelling Researcher (Ci Tg20.08), Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 7 days ago
Transport Agent-Based Modelling researcher Department/faculty: Faculty Civil Engineering and Geosciences Level: University Graduate Working hours: 36-40 hours weekly Contract: 1 year Salary: 2709 ...