EXTENDED APPLICATION DEADLINE 23 November 2023
Clinical Professor (chair) of Paediatrics (Fixed-Term, 10 Years)
Department of Clinical Medicine
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
University of Copenhagen
The University seeks to appoint a clinical professor as chair of Paediatrics to the Department of Clinical Medicine to commence as soon as possible. The professorship is combined with a consultancy at one of the hospitals below. Please note that applicants may only apply for a consultancy at one of the hospitals.
- Copenhagen University Hospital - Amager and Hvidovre, Department of Paediatrics and Adolescence Medicine
- Copenhagen University Hospital - Herlev and Gentofte, Paediatric Department
- Copenhagen University Hospital - Holbæk, Department of Paediatrics
- Copenhagen University Hospital - Nordsjælland, Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine
- Copenhagen University Hospital - Rigshospitalet, Department for Children and Adolescents (BUA) or the Department for Neonatal and Paediatric Intensive Care (GN)
It is a requirement for appointment that the applicant is accepted for both the professorship and the consultancy. In order to be considered for the position,the applicant must send an application to both the faculty (the professorship) and to one of the hospitals (the consultancy), cf. the simultaneously advertised consultancy positions. This also applies to applicants who are already employed as consultants at one of the hospitals. The advertisements for the consultancies are available at:
Information on the department can be found at: https://ikm.ku.dk/ .
The clinical professor acts as chair of the speciality and takes the lead in the general development of the speciality’s academic identity. Also, the clinical professor is the guarantor of the academic quality and relevance in the content of exam assignments.
When considering applications for the professorship, the main emphasis will be on the applicant's ability to document a high level of original scientific work at an international level within the area of Paediatrics.
The professor’s responsibilities will primarily consist of:
- Research, including publication/academic dissemination
- Research-based teaching, including associated examination
- Research leadership, including guidance and supervision of researchers
- Obligation to share knowledge with the rest of society, including participation in public debate
- Academic assessments
- Responsibility for promotion of the academic development of Paediatrics.
Six overall criteria apply for professor appointments at the University of Copenhagen. The six criteria (research, teaching, societal impact, organisational contribution, external funding and leadership) are considered a framework for the overall assessment of candidates. Find information about each criterion here: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/criteria-for-recognising-merit .
Furthermore, each applicant must be able to:
- Document a high degree of original academic production at an international level, including considerable contributions to the development of the academic discipline
- Manage research and other management functions, e.g., engage in the university’s external academic activities, as well as knowledge and technology transfer
- Provide research-based teaching
The professor is also required to possess good interpersonal and communicative skills.
Terms of employment
The position is a fixed-term position limited to a period of 10 years.
For the professorship the appointee will receive a pensionable annual salary of 200,193.32 DKK (1 October 2023 level).
The position is covered by the Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities 2020.
For further information please contact the Head of Department Jesper Hastrup Svendsen, [email protected]
Foreign applicants may find this link useful: https://www.ism.ku.dk/ (International Staff Mobility).
The application must be submitted in English and include the following documents:
- Indication of which hospital the applicant applies for the consultancy at (Please note that applicants may only apply for a consultancy at one hospital).
- Application, including motivations for applying for this position (Maximum 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae, including information about external funding
- Diplomas (Master’s and PhD and other relevant certificates)
- Uploads of maximum 10 publications to be considered in the assessment
- Vision for academic development of Paediatrics
- Self-declaration form (Ansættelser – Københavns Universitet (ku.dk) under ”Nyttige links”
- Teaching portfolio (Guidelines: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/job-application-portfolio / Template for inspiration: Ansættelser – Københavns Universitet (ku.dk) under ”Nyttige links”
- Research plan (3‐5 pages)
- Teaching plan
- A complete list of publications
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Appointments Committee. All applicants are then immediately notified whether their application has been passed for assessment. The Dean then appoints an expert assessment committee in order to make an assessment of the selected applicants for the specific post. Selected applicants are notified of the composition of the committee and each applicant has the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant him/herself. You can read about the recruitment process at https://jobportal.ku.dk/ .
Please note that the applicant will be contacted if the assessment committee requires further documentation.
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
The University of Copenhagen encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position.
Please submit the application with the required attachments. The closing date for applications is 23.59 p.m. CET, 23 November 2023
Interviews for this position will most likely be held on 4 April 2024, afternoon.
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.
160720 Tenure Track Assistant Professor Of Bioanalytical Chemistry (Biopharmaceuticals And Protein Drug Targets), University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 3 days ago
23 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Copenhagen Department Department of Pharmacy Research Field Chemistry » Biochemistry Pharmacological sciences » Clinical pharmacology...
Associate Professorship In Statistics, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, 29 days ago
29 Jan 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Copenhagen Business School Department Department of Finance Research Field Economics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Denmark ...
Assistant Professorship In Finance, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, 4 days ago
23 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Copenhagen Business School Research Field Economics » Financial science Economics » Business economics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2...
Associate Professorship In Climate And Contract Law, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, 21 days ago
6 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Copenhagen Business School Research Field Juridical sciences » Environmental law Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Denmark Appli...
Assistant Professor In Organization Theory And The Impact Of Funding On Organizational Forms, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, 27 days ago
30 Jan 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Copenhagen Business School Department The Department of Organization Research Field Economics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country...
Position As Professor Ii / Associate Professor In Cancer Medicine Open For A Clinical Trialist, University of Oslo, Norway, about 7 hours ago
powered by: Cookie Information Nettsiden bruker cookies Vi ønsker at du skal være trygg når du bruker dette nettstedet. Vi benytter cookies for å sikre at du får en best mulig brukeropplevelse og ...