14 Nov 2023
Mendel University in Brno
- Research Field
Agricultural sciences » Forest sciences
- Researcher Profile
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
26 Nov 2023 - 23:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Offer Starting Date
1 Jan 2024
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Non-academic Staff Member - Technician Researcher for the Department of Forest Protection and Wildlife Management
Research field: biological control of trees, stress ecology of woody plants, ecology of invertebrate predators and spiders
We are a modern university, teaching and researching agriculture, forestry, economic and technical disciplines in regional and international contexts. Since 2018, we have been the holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award for improving employee care, awarded to us as the first Czech university by the European Commission.
Teaching, research and other professional activities of the Department of Forest Protection and Wildlife Management are developed in the following areas: forest entomology, forest phytopathology, mycology, stress ecology, forest protection, zoology and hunting. Research is currently focused mainly on forest damage caused by biotic and abiotic factors. Ecosystem research addresses the relationships between forest ecosystems and wildlife or the influence of the synopsis of cambiophagous insects on stand stability.
What will you do?
- conducting research in the field of biological conservation of trees, stress ecology of woody plants and ecology of invertebrate predators
- participation in scientific and research tasks
- publishing scientific research results in impact factor journals
- active participation in conferences and seminars
- laboratory and field data collection, including work with related instrumentation
What are our requirements?
- completed Master's degree in Technical Biology of Woody Plants, started PhD studies in Forest Conservation
- experience in working with instrumentation for measuring photosynthesis, fluorescence and levels of herbivory and damage in forest and non-forest tree species
- knowledge of statistical programming in R
- excellent knowledge of Czech and English for proofreading scientific texts
- experience in presenting research results
- time flexibility
- driving licence with a licence number. B
- ability to work in a team
What can we offer you?
- Welcome Office assistance
- 6 weeks of holiday
- support for work-life balance
- food allowance (Meal vouchers/Canteen)
- discounted MultiSport card
- ALIVE card with which you can benefit from various discounts
- the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of the university environment, such as sports courses at the Sports Activities Centre, the Counselling and Careers Centre, recreation centres, libraries and the purchase of university products
- university kindergarten, summer day camps for children of employees
- employer contribution to a pension or life insurance after 3 years of employment
Job status: 0,2 (8 hodin týdně)
Expected start: January 2024
Employment contract: for a fixed-term period of 3 years
Place of work: Brno
Are you interested in the position and would you like to become a member of the Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology?
Send us your electronic application to [email protected] with the chosen job position in the subject of the e-mail by 27 November 2023 supported by:
- professional CV
- list of publications
How does the recruitment process look like at our university? Find out on orlz.mendelu.cz/en/selection-procedure
Find out what makes #BRNOREGION the perfect place to live (brnoregion.com/en/).
We look forward to meeting you!
- Number of offers available
- Mendel University in Brno
- Czech Republic
Where to apply
Student Intern, Texas A&M Forest Service, United States, 16 days ago
Job Title Student Intern Agency Texas A&M Forest Service Department Region 8 Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location , Job Type Staff Job Description ****Student Internships with Texas A...
Research Engineer, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, about 7 hours ago
The Unit for Field-based Forest Research (www.slu.se/en/departments/field-based-forest-research ) at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU)/ Faculty of Forest Sciences, is hiring an...
Mechanical Engineer Scion, Scion, New Zealand, 16 days ago
Use your ingenuity and practical skills to contribute to a variety of exciting research projects Excellent development opportunity Permanent Opportunity, located in Rotorua In this role you will h...
Postdoctor: How Plants Deal With Heat And Cold At The Cellular Level, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, about 8 hours ago
The Department of forest genetics and plant physiology is part of Umeå Plant Science Centre (UPSC, https://www.upsc.se ) which is a centre of excellence for experimental plant research and forest ...
Technologist/Scientist Scion, Scion, New Zealand, 1 day ago
About Scion Scion is a Crown Research Institute that specialises in scientific research and technology development for the forestry, wood products, wood-derived materials, and other biomaterial se...
Grad Stu Instr Umbs Sp/Su 2024, University of Michigan, United States, 1 day ago
Apply Now How to Apply Please attach a letter of interest and CV. Please indicate in your letter of interest which course(s) for which you would like to be considered. Course Description The Unive...