The Loschmidt Laboratories of protein engineering (https://loschmidt.chemi.muni.cz/peg/ ) are a vibrant environment where key issues related to protein science and molecular design are tackled. Within the frame of a collaborative multidisciplinary research network, we are currently looking for a highly skilled and motivated protein scientist to join our structural biology team to investigate the molecular mechanisms of key protein players involved in human diseases (e.g. Alzheimer’s disease), and to design new therapeutic ways.
Main duties and responsibility description
Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, you will be responsible for molecular cloning & gene assembly, protein production, characterisation and structure determination to support our projects across our protein engineering areas. The role is lab-based and requires the ability to independently develop rational experiments and trouble shoot when required. Dependent on experience, other responsibilities will include lab & project management, report & manuscript writing.
For more information, please contact Martin Marek at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nature Communications 12: 3616 (2021) Chem 7: 1-14 (2021)
- Chemical Science 11: 11162-11178 (2020) ACS Catalysis 9: 4810-4823 (2019)
- ACS Catalysis 10: 1210-1223 (2020) J. Am. Chem. Soc. 140: 17999 (2018)
- M.Sc./Ph.D. or equivalent experience with a central element of protein production for structure-based or protein-focussed programmes
- In-depth knowledge on molecular biology methods, cloning and gene assembly
- Previous experience with recombinant protein expression, purification and characterisation
- Previous experience with structural biology (crystallography or cryo-EM) appreciated
- Critical mindset, fast learner and team player
- Ability to lead a multidisciplinary project with partners in academia and industry
- Good mastery of English language
- A stimulating, diverse, international and exceptionally strong research environment
- Opportunity to work with an excellent protein engineering team
- Opportunity to learn structural biology techniques (X-ray crystallography, SAXS and cryo-EM)
- Access to synchrotron facilities (Swiss Light Source, European Synchrotron Radiation Facility)
- Opportunity to learn state of the art cryo-EM instrumentation (Talos Artica, Titan Krios)
- Support with relocation – more information here: https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/international-staff-office-iso
How to apply?
Applicants should provide the following information in English
- Detailed CV
- Motivation letter describing research interests and previous research experience
- List of publications and research achievements
- Two letters of recommendation
The deadline for applications is on February 28, 2022. A review of applications will run as they are received and until the position is filled. The shortlisted applicants complying with the requirements will be interviewed.
The application shall be submitted online via an e-application (Please, use the link in the e-Application section here: https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/67761 ). After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
Contact: email@example.com , Šárka Nevolová.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Masaryk University is the second-largest university in the Czech Republic with nine faculties, more than 5000 staff, and more than 30 000 students. As a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing, our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education.
Faculty of Science MU , a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) linked to both primary and applied research and high school teaching of the following sciences: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of Masaryk University, generating around 40 % of MU research results.
Brno , the South Moravian Region capital, situated approximately halfway between Prague and Vienna, is the largest university town in the Czech Republic and a modern metropolis with a long history and culture. Recognizing the university’s significant role in making Brno one of the most innovative cities in the CEE region, it continuously supports the South Moravian Region, the local scientific, start-up, and high-tech communities.
Laboratory Technician For The Research Group, Rna Based Regulation Of Gene Expression, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
Department: Peter Lukavsky Research Group – Central European Institute of Technology Deadline: 31 Aug 2022 Start date: negotiable Job type: full-time | part-time Job field: Science and research...
Laboratory Technician To Protein Production And Characterization Platform, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 20 hours ago
The Protein Production and Characterization Platform at Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research is seeking a collaborative and motivated Laboratory Technician. Novo Nordisk Foundation ...
Laboratory Assistant To The Protein Structure And Function Program At Novo Nordisk Foundation Center For Protein Research, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 20 hours ago
The Protein Structure and Function program is looking for a part-time laboratory assistant to support our researchers and students. About CPR: Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research (...
Doktorand Inom Mikrobiell Genomik, SciLifeLab, Sweden, about 4 hours ago
The Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics is one of the biggest departments at the Faculty of Science with about 150 employees and 2,000 students. The department has world-leading research in ...
Research Engineer In Protein Production/Molecular Biology , Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 12 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated research engineer in protein production/molecular biology to join an international open sci...
Project Officer (Microbiology, Molecular Biology), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 5 days ago
A Project Officer position is available in the laboratory of Prof Dr Gerhard Grüber at the School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Job Description: The candidat...