Dean of the Faculty of Mechatronics, Informatics and Interdisciplinary Studies
at the Technical University of Liberec
announces public competition for the following position:
PROJECT OP VVV – INTERNATIONAL MOBILITIES OF RESEARCHERS AT THE TUL
reg. NO. CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/16_027/0008493
- Scientific and research activities: Theoretical research in the area of Blind Source Extraction using new piecewise determined mixing models, development of new algorithms, validation through simulations and experiments with acoustic and biological signals, publication of results
Required competence and expertise:
- Advance knowledge of linear algebra, probability theory, information theory and statistical signal processing
- Base knowledge of methods for blind source separation, independent component analysis and independent vector analysis
- Knowledge of programming language Matlab or Python
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong interest in biomechanics of tissue
- Extremely high standards in terms of quality of work, attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Independence, and responsibility
- Advanced English language mastery minimum B1
- Completed university studies – specialisation in computer science, electrical engineering or mathematical modeling
- PhD. or equivalent – max. 7 years after the PhD. studies completion
- An applicant must be a researcher from abroad, which means that in the last 3 years s/he worked minimally 2 complete years outside of the Czech Republic as a researcher with a minimum working load 0.5, or was a student in a PhD. programme or its equivalent; Czech citizens are not excluded
- Working load 100 %
- Work contract will be concluded for a fixed term of 6 months, or by agreement
Date of commencement of employment:
- January 2020, or by agreement
- Wage rate C3 (R3) is based on TUL internal salary regulation (gross salary between 32000 and 50000 CZK per month + additional allowance and bonuses)
Working conditions and wage classification are governed by the Conditions of Employment, Internal Salary Regulation of the Technical University of Liberec, the Labour Code and the Regulations on Competitive Selection Procedures for Filling Academic Positions of the Technical University of Liberec.
- Interesting, varied and responsible work
- Flexible working hours
- University canteen
- Child care, babysitting
- Accommodation in university lodging facilities
The application form must be accompanied with the following documents either in Czech or English:
In the first round of the selection procedure, the appointed committee will evaluate the presented documents. Subsequently, the committee will evaluate the required criteria completion and the aims for the work stay as presented in the submitted documents. All applicants will be notified about the decision not later than 40 working days from the end of the selection process.
The application with the above mentioned documents is to be sent not later than 30. 9. 2019 by e-mail or regular mail to the address below:
Technical University of Liberec
461 17 Liberec 1
Contact person: Ing. Alena Šírková, Head of Personnel Department
The above mentioned position was announced on 20. 5. 2019 on the official board of the Technical University of Liberec (http://www.tul.cz/uredni-deska/uredni-deska-tul/vyberova-rizeni-volna-mista ), on the employment portal of the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (http://portal.mpsv.cz/sz ), on the portal EURAXESS: (http://www.euraxess.cz/ ) andon the portal Research Gate (https://www.researchgate.net/ ) .
Postdoctoral Fellowships, Ghent University, Belgium, about 10 hours ago
Duration and starting date These positions start on 1 October 2020 at the earliest and last for a period of maximum 3 years. Who can apply? Candidates for a BOF-Postdoctoral Fellowship are automat...
Postdoctoral Research Associate, Specialist In Late Antique Philology And Literature, Center For Early Medieval Studies , Masaryk University, Czech, about 4 hours ago
Dean of the Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position Postdoctoral Research Associate, specialist in Late Antique philology and Literature Full-time (40 ho...
Academic Researcher Era Chair Holder Position , Masaryk University, Czech, about 4 hours ago
Dean of Faculty of Science, Masaryk University is opening academic positions of Academic Researcher – ERA Chair Holder Position The RECETOX centre is a leading research institute of Faculty of Sci...
Postdoctoral Research Associate, Specialist In Late Antique Philology And Literature, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
DepartmentDepartment of Art History – Faculty of Arts Deadline 6 Dec 2019 Start date 1 Jan 2020 Dean of the Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position Post...
Postdoctoral Researcher (Ref. Pd/19/10), Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB Barcelona), Spain, about 10 hours ago
Applications for the above opening should include a CV, a motivation letter (both in English) and the names of two potential referees and should be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com Refe...
Academic Researcher European Research Area Chair Holder Position, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
DepartmentRECETOX – Faculty of Science Deadline 15 Dec 2019 Start date upon agreement Dean of Faculty of Science, Masaryk University is opening academic positions of Academic Researcher – ERA Cha...