Workplace: Department of of Experimental Biology, Section of Genetics and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
Type of Contract: temporary position with 2-year contract (with possible extension), academic
Working Hours: 0,8 FTE (part-time employment of 32 hours per week)
Expected Start Date: 1.9.2022 or negotiable with respect to immigration timelines for non EU candidates
Number of Open Positions: 1
EU Researcher Profile : R2
Application Deadline: 13. 8. 2022
About the Workplace
Masaryk University is modern, dynamic and the most attractive university in the Czech Republic with ten faculties, more than 6000 staff and 30 000 students, a wide range of research areas and a strong international position. We are the largest academic employer in the South Moravian Region.
Faculty of Science MU, a holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) closely linked to both primary and applied research and high school teaching of the following sciences: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of the Masaryk University generating around 40 % of MU research results.
The Department of Experimental Biology at the Faculty of Science MU is a modern, fully equipped workplace where individual research groups are engaged in research at all levels - from molecules and cells to whole organisms.
- Preparation and teaching of laboratory exercises in the frame of bachelor study programmes Experimental and Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
- Conducting seminars for the basic course of Molecular biology for students of Biochemistry, Systematic biology and Biology for teachers
- Innovation of practical laboratory exercises for master students of Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Training of students preparing final theses focused on microbiological and molecular biological issues in the field of principles of good laboratory practice
- Preparation of standard operating procedures and follow-up teaching materials for laboratory methods used by bachelor's and master's students in the field of molecular biology and genetics
- Opportunity to participate in research projects of the Institute of Experimental Biology
- Supervision of bachelor's and master's theses at the Institute of Experimental Biology
- Participation in seminars in a working group where trained students work
- Popularization of science for the public and high schools
Assistant / Lector At The Department Of Environmental Law And Land Law, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
Assistant or Lector at the Department of Environmental Law and Land Law in the field of Environmental Law and Land Law (0,5 FTE) Department: Department of Environmental Law and Land Law – Faculty...
Assistant Professor / Assistant At The Department Of Legal Theory, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, about 14 hours ago
Department: Department of Legal Theory – Faculty of Law Deadline: 23 Oct 2022 Start date: from December 1, 2022 or by agreement Job type: full-time Job field: Science and research | Education a...
Instructor Of The Department Of Department Of Simulation Medicine Of The Faculty Of Medicine Mu, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Department: Department of Simulation Medicine – Faculty of Medicine Deadline: 19 Oct 2022 Start date: November 2022 Job type: part-time Job field: Science and research | Education and schooling...
Instructor / Assistant Professor Of The Comprehensive Cancer Care Department, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 25 days ago
Instructor / Assistant Professor of the Comprehensive Cancer Care Department of the Faculty of Medicine MU (Institutions shared with the Masaryk Memorial Cancer Institute) Department: Comprehensiv...
Laboratory Technician , University of Basel, Switzerland, 26 days ago
The research groups of Visceral Surgery and Precision Medicine (Dr. Salvatore Piscuoglio), Translational Genitourinary Cancer Research (Dr. Clémentine Le Magnen) and Brain Tumor Immunotherapy (Pro...
Assistant / Assistant Professor For The Department Of Psychology, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
Assistant or Assistant Professor for the Department of Psychology (part-time 0.5) Department: Department of Psychology – Faculty of Education Deadline: 6 Oct 2022 Start date: 01.11.2022 Job type:...