The Dean of the Faculty of Pharmacy of Masaryk University announces a selection procedure for job position of
Head of the Department of Natural Drugs (academic position)
In the field of research and education, the Institute of Natural Medicines focuses on the isolation and identification of new biologically active substances from plant material, which can be used in the preparation of medicines. The staff of the institute isolates natural substances from plant extracts (using suitable methods and procedures – column chromatography, flash chromatography, preparative HPLC), to determine their structure are used spectral methods.
The workplace belongs among six departments of the Faculty of Pharmacy of Masaryk University (MU), which is significant employer in the region. The basic mission of the Faculty of Pharmacy of MU is to provide university education, to carry out research in the field of pharmacy and related fields and to fulfil the social role of the faculty as an academic institution. The faculty closely cooperates with domestic and foreign research institutes as well as pharmaceutical industrial companies.
What will be your job responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the teaching and research activities of the department
- Management of the Institute
- Participation in education of the students in the master’s and PhD programmes of the Faculty of Pharmacy
- Initiating and leading of the research, development or innovation programmes and projects
- Active participation in local and international scientific conferences, presentation of research results at conferences and other professional meetings in the country and abroad
- Publishing activities
Requirements for a declared position:
- Completed university degree in pharmacy or related field
- Academic degree of Ph.D. or scientific rank of CSc.
- Teaching experience at university in pharmacy or related field min. 5 years
- Practical experience in research projects, ideally as principal investigator/co-investigator is an advantage
- Active collaboration with foreign countries within and outside the EU is an advantage
- Management skills
- Personal qualities to lead an institute
- Communicative knowledge of Czech and English language
- Civic and moral integrity
- Being a part of a prestigious institution
- Flat-rate meal allowance, 8-week holiday, contribution to supplementary pension insurance
- Motivating salary and working conditions
- Workplace near the centre of Brno
- Personal and professional growth prospect
Starting date: 1st April 2023, or by agreement.
How to apply:
Please send your application by 22 February 2023 via the electronic application form on the MU.
In case you need further details please do not hesitate to contact Ing. Hana Březinová at phone number +420 541 562 823 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
The application must include the following documents:
- Structured CV
- Overview of scientific and publication activities
- Overview of teaching activities
- Concept of development of the Institute (max. 5 A4 pages)
- Photocopies of evidence of qualifications (not required for internal applicants)
- Recommendation from at least two professional guarantors
Criminal record extract (max. 3 months old) for checking when signing the employment contract.
In justified cases, the advertiser may extend, suspend or cancel the selection procedure.
To find more detailed information, please look at the websites www.muni.cz , www.pharm.muni.cz , and Farmaceutická fakulta Masarykovy univerzity | Facebook
Assistant Clinical Professor, University of Alberta, Canada, about 8 hours ago
This position is a part of the Association of the Academic Staff of the University of Alberta (AASUA). We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage First Nations, Metis, and In...
Pharmacy Resident Ii, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, about 4 hours ago
Department: Pharmacy - AIC CdS FTE: 1.00 Full Time Shift: Rotating Position Summary: Complete the residency objectives and requirement during a 12 month period (may be extended). Consult with and ...
Pharmacy Resident Nt, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 14 days ago
Department: Pharmacy - Graduate Education FTE: 1.00 Full Time Shift: Rotating Position Summary: Complete the residency objectives and requirement during a 24 month period (may be extended). Consu...
Management/Office Assistant For The Center Of Learning & Teaching, University of Groningen, Netherlands, 12 days ago
The Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) of the University of Groningen conducts research and education at an academic level in the beta sciences. The research areas include Biology, Pharmacy,...
Pharmacy Tech Ii, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, about 4 hours ago
This position offers generous sign on bonus to external hires. Shift differentials: 17% - week nights 26 % - weekend nights 15% - weekend days Department: Pharmacy - Inpatient - UH FTE: 1.00 Full ...
Clinical Pharmacist Infectious Diseases, University of Washington, United States, 15 days ago
Scheduled Hours 40 Position Summary Supports clinical pharmacy services in the outpatient oncology setting at Washington University School of Medicine. The clinical pharmacist will provide compreh...