Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University announces a selection procedure for the position a Department Head for:
Department of Biochemistry
Department of Biochemistry is an educational and research institute of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University. It provides teaching of subjects of medicinal chemistry, biochemistry, clinical and applied biochemistry in master and bachelor study programmes. It also participates in post-graduate education of students in the doctoral programme of Physiology, Pathological Physiology, Medical Chemistry and Biochemistry.
Research activities are focused on monitoring of some pathological processes, e.g. oxidative stress, hypoxia, ischemia, using biochemical and modern bioanalytical approaches, as well as on the study of metabolic transformations of natural or pharmaceutical substances and the relationship of their structure to biological effects. In its research activities it cooperates extensively with clinical departments of university hospitals and scientific research institutes in Brno.
The candidate for the position must be a respected professional in the field of biochemistry with experience in managing a work team and experience in education at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
The Head will be responsible for the management of the department, undergraduate education of students, postgraduate studies, publishing activities and coordination of scientific research activities of the department. During the selection process, the candidate will present his/her vision of how to achieve the above.
Requirements for a declared position:
- University education in a medical or natural science discipline, or equivalent education acquired abroad;
- Academic degree PhD or scientific rank of CSc;
- Habilitation within the meaning of Act No. 111/1998 Coll., on Higher Education, the scientific-pedagogical title of professor is an advantage;
- Personal and professional requirements for managing the academic team;
- Teaching experience and willingness to supervise the professional subjects taught at the Institute;
- Active research and publication activity;
- Scientific reputation in the international field;
- Moral integrity;
- Fulfilment of prerequisites according to Act No. 451/1991 Coll. (the Lustration Act); persons born after 1 December 1971 and foreign applicants are not required to provide evidence.
- Work in an inspiring intellectual environment with an emphasis on multidisciplinary cooperation;
- Work in a top educational facility, involvement in teaching in a unique simulation centre;
- Professional growth and the possibility of continuing education;
- Motivating financial remuneration and benefits.
Applications together with
- a structured CV,
- an overview of scientific and publishing activities,
- contact details of two persons for references (name, position, telephone number),
- photocopies of qualification papers and diplomas (external applicants only)
- a criminal record (no older than three months)
- certificate according to Act No. 451/1991 Coll.
Should be sent to the HR department of the Faculty of Medicine through e-Application (see below). For more information, please contact Ivana Janáčková at e-mail email@example.com.
The Position Of Director Of Workplace, Institute of Animal Physiology and Genetics of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Czech, 3 days ago
SELECTION PROCEDURE FOR THE POSITION OF DIRECTOR OF WORKPLACE Council of the Institute of Animal Physiology and Genetics CAS (IAPG CAS) opens a selection procedure for the position of Director of ...
Asst/Assoc/Professor (Biochemistry) (Job Id #158599), University of Illinois, United States, about 18 hours ago
The Department of Health Sciences Education and Pathology at the University Of Illinois College Of Medicine at Peoria (UICOMP) is hiring, a medical educator with expertise in biochemistry and camp...
Assistant Professor Of The Urology Clinic Of The Faculty Of Medicine Mu, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Department: Department of Urology – Faculty of Medicine Deadline: 21 Feb 2022 Start date: upon agreement Job type: part-time Job field: Science and research | Education and schooling The Dean o...
Instructor Of The Department Of Ophthalmology Of The Faculty Of Medicine Mu, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Department: Department of Ophthalmology – Faculty of Medicine Deadline: 16 Feb 2022 Start date: upon agreement Job type: part-time Job field: Science and research | Education and schooling The ...
Assistant Professor Of The Department Of Medical Ethics Of The Faculty Of Medicine Mu, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Department: Department of Medical Ethics – Faculty of Medicine Deadline: 21 Feb 2022 Start date: upon agreement Job type: part-time Job field: Science and research | Education and schooling The...
Tenure Track Faculty Position, Assistant Professor In Chemical Exposure And/Or Metabolite Profiling, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
Department: RECETOX – Faculty of Science Deadline: 1 Mar 2022 Start date: upon agreement Job type: full-time Job field: Science and research The Dean of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University...