The director of CEITEC, Brno University of Technology is opening the academic position of
Scientific Entrepreneur – JUNIOR Research Group Leader
Are you interested in bringing your hi-tech idea closer to commercialization? The Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC), located in Brno, the Czech Republic, alongside the Brno City Council and the South Moravian Innovation Centre (JIC) are looking for candidates for a pilot programme bridging the gap between an innovation idea and, ideally, the founding of a hi-tech start-up company. CEITEC can provide you with state-of-the-art research infrastructure and a start-up grant up to 250k EUR enabling you to materialize your idea. In a period of two years, you will have full access to our research facilities.
We are seeking dedicated individuals with a clear vision of bringing their research idea into a hi-tech commercialization project in the areas of nano and micro technologies.
You will have:
- a research plan which utilizes CEITEC core facilities and laboratories
- at least 3 years of research or work experience after completing your doctorate degree
- resided or carried out your main activity in the Czech Republic for less than 12 months in the last 3 years prior to the deadline for application submission
- proven track record of high-quality scientific productivity as judged by applied results or publications in high-impact peer-reviewed journals
- ability to lead a team and attract public and private funding
- up to €250k start-up grant for a period up to two years
- access to the state-of-the-art lab infrastructure (http://nano.ceitec.eu/ or check www.ceitec.eu for other areas then nanofab at CEITEC Nano)
Your application should include:
- CV (max. 3 pages) with a detailed description of your academic and professional merits, listing your applied results, research grants, and impacted publications
- Research plan and visions (max. 8 pages) for the next 2 years with a detailed description of the research area (must be within the scope of nano and micro technologies and exploit CEITEC shared research infrastructure). Applicants are recommended to adhere to the template for ERC Proof of Concept Grant 2018 - Part B with a focus on the area of excellence in innovation, expected impact, implementation plan (with a specific focus on the future business implementation), and the budget allocation.
The position is available from September 2022 till the end of August 2024.
Applications must be received 20th of August 2022, to ensure consideration. Please submit your application by e-mail to email@example.com and quote the “JRGL Scientific Entrepreneur” in the subject.
Evaluation period: 21 August – 21 October 2022.
The “JRGL grant” is funded by the Statutory City of Brno.
CEITEC – Central European Institute of Technology
Brno University of Technology
Purkyňova 123, 612 00 Brno, Czech Republic
Head Of The Department Of Traumatology, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
Department: Department of Traumatology – Faculty of Medicine Deadline: 14 Oct 2022 Start date: by agreement Job type: full-time Job field: Science and research | Education and schooling Directo...
Instructor Of The Department Of Department Of Simulation Medicine Of The Faculty Of Medicine Mu, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Department: Department of Simulation Medicine – Faculty of Medicine Deadline: 19 Oct 2022 Start date: November 2022 Job type: part-time Job field: Science and research | Education and schooling...
Instructor / Assistant Professor Of The Comprehensive Cancer Care Department, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 25 days ago
Instructor / Assistant Professor of the Comprehensive Cancer Care Department of the Faculty of Medicine MU (Institutions shared with the Masaryk Memorial Cancer Institute) Department: Comprehensiv...
Bioinformatics Analyst, Emory University, United States, 5 days ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...
Assistant / Lector At The Department Of Environmental Law And Land Law, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
Assistant or Lector at the Department of Environmental Law and Land Law in the field of Environmental Law and Land Law (0,5 FTE) Department: Department of Environmental Law and Land Law – Faculty...
Assistant Professor / Assistant At The Department Of Legal Theory, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, about 16 hours ago
Department: Department of Legal Theory – Faculty of Law Deadline: 23 Oct 2022 Start date: from December 1, 2022 or by agreement Job type: full-time Job field: Science and research | Education a...