The Dean of the Faculty of Law, Masaryk University, announces a competition for a part-time position of Assistant Professor or Assistant at the Department of Commercial Law – cover for parental leave
Masaryk University is the second largest university in the Czech Republic, with 10 faculties, more than 6,000 employees and more than 30,000 students.
The Faculty of Law is one of four public law faculties in the Czech Republic. The Faculty of Law of Masaryk University can be characterised as a modern, dynamic faculty, where the focus is on teaching together with scientific research. We are an institution where the term "research activity" and "scientific research" does not remain an empty concept. We have dozens of contacts with foreign experts and pedagogical and scientific institutions both on an individual and institutional level and provide excellent facilities for students and employees.
You can also find out more about us on our website https://www.law.muni.cz/content/en/
Facebook or on LinkedIn of the MU Faculty of Law.
The Department of Commercial Law belongs to the traditional departments of the Faculty of Law MU. In the field of teaching, it focuses on the standard topics of commercial law: the general part, competition law, commercial corporations and parts of the law of obligations, which are followed by a number of in-depth compulsory elective courses.
Your job will include:
- participation in on-the-job training
- preparation of study and teaching materials, preparation of written tests and clauses
- involvement in research activities, including participation in publications,
- participation in the organisational support of research and teaching activities, including related
- Master's degree in Law from a Faculty of Law,
- Ph.D. degree (for the position of Assistant Professor) or advanced doctoral studies (for the position of Assistant),
- interest in the field of Commercial Law verified by concrete results (course of study, publications, presentations at seminars and conferences),
- pedagogical aptitude; practical teaching experience (for the Assistant Professor),
- prerequisites for independent scientific research,
- ability to teach and publish in Czech and English; knowledge of other languages would be an advantage,
- publishing activity in the field
- moral integrity.
- the background of a prestigious and successful institution,
- friendly environment,
- professional growth and the opportunity for continuous training,
- various employee benefits (8 weeks of vacation, pension insurance contribution, meal allowance, Vodafone mobile tariffs, Multisport card, etc.).
Employment commencement date: from 1st March 2023 or by agreement
Place of work: Brno
Contract type: fixed-term with the possibility of extension
Application deadline:16th December 2022
How to apply:
Please send your application by the above application deadline - please use the link in the Electronic Application section (see below, or the Faculty of Law website - Public Information - Vacancies)
Your application must include the following documents:
- motivation letter
- structured CV
- list of scientific and publication activities (if available)
- photocopies of evidence of qualifications
After successful submission of your application, you will receive an automatic confirmation of acceptance by email.
Suitable candidates will be invited for an in-person or online interview. The rules for the University's selection procedures can be found on the University's website in the Regulations on Competitive Selection Procedure at Masaryk University.
Information on the MU Processing and Protection of Personal Data can be found on the MU website.
Faculty of Law, Masaryk University, received the European Commission HR Excellence in Research Award for its human resources policy. We provide equal opportunities, promote diversity and strive to create a positive and satisfying working environment for employees.
Assistant / Assistant Professor At The Department Of Institute Of Law And Technology, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
Department: Institute of Law and Technology – Faculty of Law Deadline: 16 Feb 2023 Start date: from March 1, 2023 or by agreement Job type: part-time Job field: Science and research | Education...
Assistant Professor Of The Clinic Of Pediatric Oncology Of The Faculty Of Medicine, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
Department: Department of Pediatric Oncology – Faculty of Medicine Deadline: 8 Jan 2023 Start date: February 2023 Job type: part-time Job field: Science and research | Education and schooling h...
Lab Manager, Research Technician For Regulation Of Gene Expression Group, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
Department: Dalibor Blažek Research Group – Central European Institute of Technology Deadline: 30 Jun 2023 Start date: immediately Job type: full-time Job field: Science and research Central Euro...
Instructor / Assistant Professor Of The Department Of Internal Medicine, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
Department: Department of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Practical Medicine – Faculty of Medicine Deadline: 16 Feb 2023 Start date: by agreement Job type: part-time Job field: Science and rese...
Assistant Professor Of The Department Of Laboratory Methods At Lf Mu, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
Department: Department of Laboratory Methods – Faculty of Medicine Deadline: 16 Feb 2023 Start date: by agreement Job type: part-time Job field: Education and schooling The Dean of Faculty of Med...
Wellness Counselor Nyu Prague, New York University, United States, 4 days ago
NYU's Global Programs & University Life organization is committed to being a welcoming campus community that reflects and enacts the values of inclusion, diversity, belonging equity, and accessibi...