5 May 2023
- Research Field
Agricultural sciences » Forest sciences
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
3 Jun 2023 - 22:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Offer Starting Date
1 Sep 2023
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Mendel University in Brno announces a selection procedure for the position of academic staff member :
Assistant Professor for the Department of Wood Science and Wood Processing Technology
In its academic and scientific activities, the institute has been devoted to the study of the properties of wood, wood-based materials, wood processing technologies and the construction of wooden buildings.
Research field: Wooden construction and materials
What will you do?
- teaching seminars and selected lectures for the subjects in study program Wood house construction
- participation in projects both in the form of their submission and solution
- publication of results in IF journals
- active participation in conferences
What do we require from you?
- master degree in the field of civil engineering or wood house construction and completed PhD study or even higher
- experience with scientific research activities lasting for min. 3 years in the field of building materials, wood and wooden constructions
- advanced knowledge of both Czech and English language to teach in both languages
Required research experience: at least 3 years of research experience
What else do we appreciate?
- knowledge of software for building construction
What can we offer you?
- very diverse and interesting academic and scientific research environment
- 8 weeks of vacation
- regular education acivities, attendence at conferences and seminars, etc.
- pleasant working environment at the university campus
- support of work-life balance
- benefits of the university environment, such as sports courses at the Sports Activities Centre, the Counselling and Careers Centre or the library
- meal allowance (Edenred Card/Canteen)
- discounted MultiSport card
- ITIC card
- University kindergarten, summer suburban camps for children of employees
- work in an institution that has been awarded the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission
Expected start: September 2023, fixed-term employment contract for 2 years with the possibility of extension
Job status: 1
Number of vacancies: 2
Place of work: Brno
Are you interested in the position and would you like to become a member of the team?
Send us your electronic application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the chosen job position in the subject of the e-mail by 4 June 2023 supported by:
- professional CV
- cover letter
- list of publications
How does the selection procedure work for us? http://orlz.mendelu.cz/en/selection-procedure
- Number of offers available
- Mendel University
- Czech Republic
Where to apply
Portfolio Leader Trees To High Value Wood Products Scion, Scion, New Zealand, about 19 hours ago
Portfolio Leader - Trees to High-Value Wood Products Full-time position Based in Rotorua We seek expressions of interest for a Portfolio Leader to lead and build on the foundations already in pla...
Board Of Trustees, Clemson University, United States, about 15 hours ago
Skip to content Clemson University Clemson University Search Menu Close Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG. Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG. Apply Giving News Resource...
Professor (Fully Tenured) In Forest Inventory And Sampling, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, about 12 hours ago
Department of Forest Resource Management The department of forest resource management conducts education and research in the areas of mathematical statistics applied to forest sciences, forest rem...
Field Assistant At Slu/Upsc, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, 5 days ago
The Department of Forest Genetics and Plant Physiology was founded in the late 1970s - when the College of Forestry moved to Umeå. The number of employees has since grown steadily is now around 10...
Licentiate In Conservation Ecology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, 8 days ago
Southern Swedish Forest Research Centre SLU is one of the world’s highest ranked universities in several subject areas and is ranked #1 in forestry (CWUR). At our centre we carry out research, tea...
Professor (Fully Tenured) In Forestry With Focus On Forest Management Systems, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, about 12 hours ago
Department of Forest Ecology and Management The department includes 100 people of which about ten are professors. The department conducts extensive teaching and research and has a large internatio...