16 May 2023
Mendelova univerzita v Brně
- Research Field
Agricultural sciences » Forest sciences
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
14 Jun 2023 - 22:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Offer Starting Date
1 Jul 2023
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Mendel University in Brno announces a selection procedure for the position of academic staff member:
Assistant Professor for The Department of Forest Ecology
The staff of the Department of Forest Ecology are involved in teaching curricula focused on knowledge of the structure and functioning of forest ecosystems and understanding the principles of systems analysis in assessing the impacts of a changing environment on forests. Their research focuses on the study of the structure, production, processes and stability of ecosystems, with an emphasis on sustainable management and biodiversity conservation.
Research field: Carbon cycle, eddy-covariance, primary production, autotrophic respiration, carbon sequestration, Climate-smart forestry, sensors for the study of forest ecosystems
What will you be doing with us?
- supervise bachelor, master and doctoral theses
- lecture in the courses taught at the Department of Forest Ecology (topics: carbon cycle, eddy-covariance, primary production, autotrophic respiration, carbon sequestration, climate-smart forestry, sensors for studying forest ecosystems...)
- publish findings in original scientific journals (Scopus, WoS)
- participate in the preparation of scientific projects (NAZV, TAČR, COST...)
- prepare reports on students' final theses as needed
What do we require from you?
- Ph.D. in forest ecology, applied or landscape ecology, environmental design, environmental protection, silviculture
- ability to teach in Czech and English, publish in English
- expertise in the listed topics
- experience with European and global platforms directly related to the listed topics
- driving licence for cars
- at least 5 years of teaching experience
What research experience do we require?
- at least 10 years' experience in science
- H-index of at least 15 (WoS CC)
- experience in project management
What else do we appreciate?
- active participation in scientific councils, disciplinary councils, professional committees, professional societies, international panels, etc.
What can we offer you?
- involvement in a dynamically developing and friendly team
- various workload during the year
- 8 weeks of vacation
- regular training activities, participation in conferences, seminars etc.
- very diverse and interesting academic and scientific research environment
- work-life balance
- advantages of the university environment, such as sports courses of the Center for Sports Activities, Counseling and Professional Center, libraries (these activities are mostly free)
- discounted MultiSport Card
- ITIC card
- university kindergarten, summer suburban camps for employees ‘children
- work in an institution that has received the HR Excellence in Research Award from the European Commission
Expected start:July 2023, fixed-term employment for 3 years
Job status: 0,2 (8 hours/week)
Place of work: Brno
Are you interested in the position and would you like to become a member of the team? Send us your application to email@example.com with the job position title in the subject by 15 June 2023, supported by:
- a professional CV (must contain a WoS-compatible identifier)
- cover letter
- overview of academic teaching
How does the selection procedure work for us? orlz.mendelu.cz/en/selection-procedure
- Number of offers available
- Mendelova univerzita v Brně
- Czech Republic
Where to apply
Postdoctor In Fibreboard Recycling, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, 9 days ago
The Department of Forest Biomaterials and Technology (SBT) is part of the Faculty of Forest Science, has about 50 employees and is based in both Umeå and Uppsala. The department conducts high-qual...
Associate Senior Lecturer (Assistant Professor) In Conservation Ecology With A Focus On The Effects Of Forestry On Ground Vegetation, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, about 5 hours ago
Southern Swedish Forest Research Centre The Southern Swedish Forest Research Centre is an interdisciplinary department where research and teaching is conducted in several subjects of importance to...
Process/Mechanical Engineer Scion, Scion, New Zealand, 19 days ago
Rotorua, New Zealand 3 Month, Fixed Term Position, 40 hours per week Scion is a Crown Research Institute dedicated to using science and technology to develop innovative solutions to the world's mo...
Population Genetic Analytic Technician, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, 17 days ago
The Department of Forest Genetics and Plant Physiology was founded in the late 1970s - when the College of Forestry moved to Umeå. The number of employees has since grown steadily is now around 10...
Research Investment Advisor Scion, Scion, New Zealand, about 15 hours ago
Research Investment Advisor Full time Permanent Based in Rotorua Lead and provide funding expertise to facilitate pathways to enable science research opportunities Who are we? Scion is a Crown Res...
Open Pool Cemml's Early Career Development Program Various Locations, Colorado State University, United States, about 18 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Detail Information Working Title Open Pool - CEMML's Early-career Development Program - Various Locations Position Location Various locations Work Location Position is full...