The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence (www.kios.ucy.ac.cy ) at the University of Cyprus announces two (2) Software Engineer positions, for full-time employment. The Software Engineering positions (Back-end, Front-end, QA – Testing, Mobile apps, DevOps, Security, IoT), will be offered to Ukrainian software engineers and developers regardless of their level of expertise. The successful candidates will analyze, design, implement, maintain and document software solutions under multiple KIOS CoE projects funded by the European Union, including the flagship KIOS CoE Teaming project, the ERC Synergy Grant entitled Water-Futures (https://waterfutures.eu) , as well as national or industry- funded projects.
Who we are:
The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence is the largest research center at the University of Cyprus and in 2017 was upgraded to a European Research Center of Excellence through the KIOS CoE Teaming project. Currently, the Center employs more than 170 people who are supported by externally funded research and innovation projects. The KIOS CoE operates in a diverse environment as an equal opportunities’ employer.
What we do:
KIOS provides an inspiring environment for carrying out top level research and innovation in the area of Information and Communication Technologies, with emphasis on the Monitoring, Control and Security of Critical Infrastructures including power and energy systems, water networks, transportation networks, telecommunication networks and emergency management and response. The Center instigates interdisciplinary interaction and promotes collaboration between industry, academia, and research organizations in high-tech areas of global importance.
Why work at KIOS:
You will have the opportunity to work on various high-profile projects with great impact on the community end the environment, not only in a local but also in a global scale.
In KIOS we strive to create a multicultural, diverse and inclusive workplace and we strongly support the continuous personnel evolvement and development, both personally and professionally, to fulfill your long-term goals. We offer internal and external professional training, covering both technical and soft skills, to suit yours and the Center’s needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out one or more of the below duties and responsibilities:
- Assist and work on the design, development, modification, debugging, testing and maintenance of software solutions according to the functional and non-functional software requirements
- Build rapid prototypes and work on fast paced projects
- Follow software engineering standards, software development methodologies and release processes, to ensure code is maintainable and scalable
- Acquire software requirements, prepare project reports, project deliverables and demonstrate the software products to stakeholders
- Work within a team, collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews
- Design and execute QA methodologies and validation strategies by analyzing technical requirements to identify test requirements and ensuring that the software meets specifications
- Ensure the compliance with security concepts and frameworks such as ISO 27001, EU Regulations related to security, black box testing and white box testing
- Work with server related backend development including: Apache, Nginx, Microsoft, AWS, Linux
- Work with several Frameworks/Libraries including: .Net, Laravel, Django, Flask, Node.JS, ReactJS, AngularJS, JQuery, Bootstrap and Others
- Work with APIs such as: RESTful API, SOAP and Others
- Work with containerization such as Docker
Profile of the ideal candidate:
- Creative thinker
- Attention to detail
- Problem solver
- Be reliable and trustworthy
- Be flexible and eager to learn
- Be able to adapt in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Have good communication, organizational and self-management skills
- Very good knowledge of the English language
Assistant Professor In Cybersecurity , University of Central Lancashire (Cyprus) ;, Cyprus, 20 days ago
UCLan Cyprus University will be employing an Assistant Professor for the School of Sciences. Appointments are required in the following area: SCHOOL OF SCIENCES Assistant Professor in Cybersecurit...
Senior Developer (Student Management System), Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 4 days ago
High impact and innovative permanent role starting ASAP Opportunity to work on an enterprise-class system at Australasia's #1 millennial University and the fastest growing in New Zealand AUT requi...
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer (Remote Available) [R0132981], University of Nevada Las Vegas, United States, about 17 hours ago
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer (REMOTE AVAILABLE) [R0132981]. ROLE of the POSITION The Digital Strategy and Transformation (DST) ...
Senior Executive, Educational Technology And Production, SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
Job Description Application Development To provide, recommend and evaluate various possible solutions and clearly communicate the cost and benefits of the various solutions To design, develop and ...
Bioinformatics Analyst, Wetsus, European centre of excellence for sustainable watertechnology, Netherlands, 24 days ago
bioinformatics analyst bioinformatics analyst Published Deadline Location yesterday 30 Sep Leeuwarden Are you an adaptive person who enjoys to perform bioinformatics data analyses, can automate an...
Full Stack Analyst Developer, VIB, Belgium, about 10 hours ago
VIB is an entrepreneurial non-profit research institute, with a clear focus on ground-breaking strategic basic research in life sciences and operates in close partnership with the five universitie...