The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence (www.kios.ucy.ac.cy ) at the University of Cyprus is accepting applications for the position of a Project Support Assistant, for full-time employment. The successful candidate will work as part of a team to ensure the efficient and effective management of projects. They will provide day-to-day support for the management of a portfolio of projects, including but not limited to European Commission (EC) funded projects. The post holder will work as part of a team, to help set up and maintain internal management systems that can assist the KIOS CoE implement externally funded project efficiently and effectively. They will also be responsible for maintaining the internal management systems and will be responsible for keeping project records and systems up to date. Applicants are expected to have a physical presence at the KIOS CoE in Nicosia, Cyprus.
Who we are: The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence is the largest research center at the University of Cyprus and in 2017 was upgraded to a European Research Center of Excellence through the KIOS CoE Teaming project. Currently, the Center employs more than 170 people who are supported by externally funded research and innovation projects. The KIOS CoE operates in a diverse environment as an equal opportunity employer.
What we do: KIOS provides an inspiring environment for carrying out top-level research and innovation in the area of Information and Communication Technologies, with emphasis on the Monitoring, Control and Security of Critical Infrastructures. Such infrastructures include power and energy systems, water networks, transportation networks, telecommunication networks and emergency management and response. The Center instigates interdisciplinary interaction and promotes collaboration between industry, academia, and research organizations in high-tech areas of global importance.
Why work at KIOS: You will have the opportunity to work on various high-profile projects with great impact on the community end the environment, not only on a local but also on a global scale. In KIOS we strive to create a multicultural, diverse, and inclusive workplace and we strongly support the continuous personnel evolvement and development, both personally and professionally, to fulfil your long-term goals. We offer internal and external professional training, covering both technical and soft skills, to suit your and the Center’s needs.
Job details: Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Provide administration support for proposal preparation and project delivery, help to set up and maintain internal management systems that can assist the KIOS CoE to implement externally funded project efficiently and effectively.
- Support existing and improve document management systems and processes to support best-practices.
- Collate and track documentation required to support the preparation of proposals and the management of projects including information required for proposal/ grant agreement requirements, project finance reports and procurement documentation.
- Collate information and data required for monitoring Key Performance Indicators.
- Support the collation and editing of data and information for reports, deliverables, project communication material and presentations.
- Undertake administrative support activities for proposal preparation and projects being delivered at the KIOS Center of Excellence.
- Day-to-day project work, event and meeting organization, teleconference organisation, communications support, resource allocations, processing expenses claims, travel and meeting arrangements, oversee payments, procurement and other contracting activities.
The post holder will work as part of a team and contribute to the smooth running of the KIOS CoE projects and proposal preparation. The role requires the post holder to be flexible, able to multi-task and work on their own initiative.
Profile of the ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate must:
- exhibit excellent team-working, organizational, self-management and communication skills.
- must be able to adhere to deadlines and meet targets. They should be able to work independently, with minimum supervision and deliver a number of support activities to several projects in parallel and with a strong delivery focus.
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and reporting skills are essential.
Research Assistant, Satellite Command And Data Handling, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Job Description The Electrical Engineering Department at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking a research assistant in the area of Satellite Command and Data Handling. The position involv...
Research Fellow C2 Impress Project, RMIT University, Australia, about 9 hours ago
Overview: Responsible for oversight and delivery of the EU funded (Horizon Europe) project C2IMPRESS Collaborative and dynamic international team High level proficiency in English and working righ...
Research Fellow, Mixed Methods Researcher / Project Manager, UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
Great opportunity to work on an evaluative research project focused on oral health services for children in NSW Part-time 18.75 hours per week, fixed-term until 30 August 2023 Base Salary $110,856...
Research Assistant, Architectural Engineering, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Job Description The Architectural Engineering Department at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking a research assistant in the area of Outdoor and indoor Thermal comfort. The research assi...
Post Doctoral Fellow, Centre For Information Technology In Education, THE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Work type: Full-time Department: Centre for Information Technology in Education within the Faculty of Education (10001) Categories: Academic-related Staff Applications are invited for appointment ...
Postdoc Position Computational Neurobiology Lab, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 15 hours ago
Department: Center for Molecular Neurology Regime Full-time Let’s shape the future – University of Antwerp The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking university. We offer an innovat...