YUFE Career Tracks: Postdoctoral Programme on „European Identity“
Have you recently finished your PhD and you have a keen research interest in European identity? Apply for a three-year YUFE Postdoc position at one of our YUFE universities - and take part in the research activities of one of the first European Universities!
The YUFE Alliance is based on the joint vision of ten young research universities and four non-academic partners aiming to contribute to a more innovative, united, and competitive Europe addressing European and global challenges. It aims to bring radical change by becoming the leading model of a young, student-centered, open and inclusive European University based on the Quadruple Helix process, with cooperation between the education sector, the public and private sector, policy makers and citizens. The YUFE Alliance is united in commitment to build inter-connected education and research and innovation systems that are open, accessible and inclusive, founded on the principles of open science and social responsibility.
Guided by our vision to create a true European University, we pursue the following goals with this Postdoctoral Programme:
- Build the first YUFE Career Track and improve career development opportunities within YUFE and beyond
- Attract the most talented early career researchers to YUFE, providing excellent research conditions, dedicated mentoring and the opportunity to co-create one of the first European Universities
- Foster research excellence in the field of European identity and responsibilities in a global world
- Create an interdisciplinary network of experts in the field of European identity and responsibilities in a global world among the YUFE partner universities
The postdoctoral positions are open to promising early career researchers from all over the world holding a PhD. Preference is given to applicants who have just completed their doctorate and have not held a postdoctoral fellowship before. In-house applications are possible, however, the applicants are strongly encouraged to propose a postdoc project at another YUFE institutions which aren’t their alma mater. The programme is targeted at researchers from the Social Sciences, Humanities and or any other relevant field relating to the focus theme European identity and responsibilities in a global world.
As a successful candidate …
- you will be employed full-time as a postdoctoral researcher at one of the YUFE universities (“contract university”) for the duration of three years. The employment conditions and salaries of the contract university apply. Research expenses including travel allowances can be applied for – conditions vary between contract universities.
- you will closely collaborate with colleagues from at least one other YUFE university (“partner university”). An outline of that collaboration and a mobility plan that proposes extended stays at YUFE universities other than your contract university are part of your application material.
- you will be mentored by two faculty members - one at your prospective contract institution, one at your prospective (main) partner university. You propose these mentors together with your application. Both have to confirm their willingness to engage in mentoring.
- you will work closely with your mentors, however, you will be given a high level of autonomy in pursuing your individual project and establishing your future research agenda.
- you will have the opportunity to engage in teaching and supervising. Teaching obligations may differ depending on the contract university, but these activities shall not exceed 10% of the full-time employment.
- you will be in close contact with the other postdocs in the programme. The YUFE postdoc cohort will be part of the broader YUFE research network on European identity that we wish to create. You will be expected to contribute actively to joint activities of the YUFE postdoc cohort (e.g., a (virtual) jour fixe, peer-to-peer counseling and evaluation of progress reports, an annual research network event, co-organisation of research conferences or workshops).
- you will participate in a mid-term state-of-play event in conjunction with the annual research network meeting. The state-of-play event is designed to showcase the postdoctoral projects, foster collaboration and provide you with feed-back and guidance from an experts’ committee towards further career steps.
- you will be provided with an additional third mentor - your career mentor. The career mentor may be an expert in a different field and will assist you in your individual career development. If fitting to your project, the career mentor might be a professional from the public or private sector.
- you will take part in the YUFE staff development programme. Moreover, there will be staff development opportunities tailored to the needs and interests of your cohort.
Postdoc Position In Ultra High Field Mri, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
About the position The Department of Physics has a vacancy for a postdoc in MR physics, more specifically in development of pTX methods in ultra-high field MRI. We have a vacancy for a 3-year post...
Postdoctoral Researcher Within The Erc Project Relocating Care Within Europe, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 9 hours ago
Are you interested in doing ethnographic research around issues of mobility, corporatization and commodification of (transnational) care in Central and Eastern Europe? Is it your ambition to becom...
Postdoctoral Researcher For Regio Deal 'Foodvalley' Programme (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 6 hours ago
Postdoctoral Researcher for RegioDeal 'Foodvalley' programme (1.0 FTE) Job description Within the RegioDeal Foodvalley programme, the Dutch government, five regional partners (Regio Foodvalley, th...
Research Associates (Postdoc) In Advanced Technologies For Future Wireless Communication Networks, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, about 6 hours ago
The University of Luxembourg is seeking to hire a highly motivated and an outstanding researcher in the area of multi-antenna signal processing and user scheduling for its Interdisciplinary Centre...
Two Year Postdoctoral Researcher Position In Water Line At University Of Oulu, University of Oulu, Findland, about 15 hours ago
The North changes the world – more sustainable, more intelligent, more humane. We, at the University of Oulu, work as part of the international science community to produce new scientific informat...
Doctor Assistant , Hasselt University, Belgium, about 8 hours ago
The Rehabilitation Sciences of Hasselt University seeks a (m/f) doctor-assistant Background The faculty consists of professionals with diverse background such as physiotherapy, occupational therap...