The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a non-profit research and educational institution with a strong scientific and technological orientation, emphasizing international collaborations, cross-disciplinary research, innovation, and post graduate education. CyI, through its established research centers, addresses challenging issues that are important at both the regional and international levels. Many of its research activities are being carried out in partnership with leading institutions in the respective thematic areas.
The Environmental Prediction Department (EPD) of CARE-C, provides essential insights into key processes of the Earth System, consisting of the:
- Model Development and Forecasting Unit, responsible for numerical modelling and data analysis, the development of process parameterisations, the optimisation of computer codes for the latest generation High Performance Computing (HPC) infrastructure, and the pursuit of forecasting applications
- Earth System Analysis Unit, pursuing the chain of knowledge from processes to impacts, through the analysis of observations, model studies that focus on system understanding and feedback mechanisms, scenario calculations, and impact assessments.
The selected candidate will contribute to the research objectives of the Environmental Prediction Department, within the framework of national and/or international research projects in:
- Atmospheric and climate/earth system modelling and analysis tools
- Emission inventories, modelling and analysis
- Dynamical downscaling of climate and weather simulation output
- Modelling and analysis of the environment
- Air quality modelling and forecasting
- Air pollution health impacts
The position of Post-Doctoral Research Fellow includes an attractive compensation package and the successful applicant will have the opportunity to develop in an international research environment and work in collaboration with linked academic institutions in the EMME region.
Noaa Climate & Global Change Fellowship, American Geophysical Union, United States, 23 days ago
Application Deadline: January 8, 2021 Growing the Next Generation of Climate Experts We are pleased to announce the 2021 call for applications for NOAA’s Climate and Global Change Postdoctoral Fel...
Research Fellow, Earth Science/Natural Hazards/Computational Modelling/Statistics, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
The Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS) is seeking a Research Fellow to join the Singapore Government funded South East Asia SEA-level (SEA2) program. This is an international, multi-institutiona...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Physics Guided Applications Of Machine Learning Methods For Hydro Climatic And Freshwater System Dynamics, Stockholm University, Sweden, about 19 hours ago
At the Department of Physical Geography . Closing date: 30 October 2020. The Department of Physical Geography is one of the major departments within the Faculty of Science. The department has app...
Postdoctoral Position In Dynamics Of Compound Climate Extremes, Uppsala University, Netherlands, about 9 hours ago
Published: 2020-10-01 Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education and to ...
Research Fellow, Hydrodynamic Modelling And Flood Risk, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
The Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS) at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore is seeking Research Fellow position to join the Singapore Government funded South East Asia SEA-level (SEA2)...
Research Assistant, Scientific Illustrator, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
The Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS) invites applications for a Research Assistant position. The incumbent will assist and be responsible for the development of professional looking scientific...