The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a non-profit research and educational institution with a strong scientific and technological orientation, emphasizing international collaborations, cross-disciplinary research, and postgraduate education. CyI, through its established research centers, addresses challenging issues that are important at both the regional and international levels. Many of its research activities are being carried out in partnership with leading institutions in the respective thematic areas.
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) invites applications from highly motivated, multi-disciplined hands-on professionals who will be responsible for overseeing the CyI's business systems, cloud applications, and server/network infrastructure, while developing and operating effective processes across the IT infrastructure.
The appointment will be on a fixed term appointment, full-time basis, with the prospect of renewal depending on performance. An attractive remuneration package commensurate to the candidate's qualifications and level of experience will be offered to the selected candidate.
- Overall coordination of IT activities and of the IT Team.
- Manage information technology and computer systems supporting the Institute operations.
- Responds rapidly and effectively to IT incidents;
- Plan, design, develop, implement and coordinate IT Systems, policies and procedures.
- Leads in the configuration of network systems, servers, software, data storage, cloud technologies and associated updates; Provides documentation and technical specifications to IT team for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Performs regular backup operations and implementing appropriate processes for Disaster Recovery and failover procedures.
- Monitor systems and network performance and organize maintenance activities.
- Performs routine operational tasks to ensure the smooth running and effective management of the specialist information systems, cloud applications, server, telecommunications and network infrastructure;
- Proactively manages and maintains Servers (Physical/Virtual);
- Conducts technical vulnerability assessments of IT systems and processes;
- Leads the implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls to known risks and threats;
- Carries out installation and configuration and where appropriate develop systems scripts for automation;
- Liaises with suppliers concerning the resolution of reported faults, and future roadmaps;
- Provides support to rectify systems and networks faults;
- Writes technical reports, work plans, and processes;
- Handle annual IT budget and ensure cost effectiveness.
Assistant Manager, It Infrastructure [Lkc Medicine], Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 12 days ago
This is a broad-based role that will encompass IT Infrastructure components Windows, Linux Server administration; VMware virtualization as well as management of security components such as patch m...
L3 Network Engineer, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
Department: Data and Technical Networks – Institute of Computer Science Deadline: 1 Jul 2022 Start date: Dle domluvy Job type: full-time | part-time Job field: IS/IT: Consultations, analyzes |...
Associate Telecommunications Design Engineer, Purdue University, United States, about 13 hours ago
What You'll Be Doing: As the Telecommunications Design Engineer, you will provide project review and coordination of networking and telecommunications infrastructure for all renovation and new con...
Network Security Engineer , Baylor College of Medicine, United States, 1 day ago
Title: Network Security Engineer Division: Information Technology Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM Work Location: Hybrid Salary Range: $63,151 - $98,531 FLSA Status: Exempt Requisition ID: 1...
Chief It Operations Officer, American University in Cairo, Egypt, about 2 hours ago
Reports to: Associate Vice President for Digital Transformation and Chief Strategy Knowledge Officer Purpose: The purpose of the position is to lead and direct multiple teams including network t...
Research Associate (Instrument Control), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 4 hours ago
The Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering (SCELSE) invites applications for the position of Research Associate. Key Responsibilities: Development of hardware and software so...