The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a European non-profit science and technology oriented Educational and Research Institution based in Cyprus and led by an acclaimed Board of Trustees. The research agenda of the CyI are pursued at its four Research Centers: The Computation-based Science and Technology Research Center (CaSToRC), the Science and Technology in Archaeology and Culture Research Center (STARC), the Energy Environment Water Research Center (EEWRC) and the Climate and Atmospheric Research Center (CARE-C). Considerable cross-center interaction is a characteristic of the Institute’s culture.
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) invites applications for a highly creative and experienced Executive Assistant for the Office of the President.
Reporting directly to the President, the Executive Assistant serves as a point of contact for internal and external matters relating to the Office of the President. She/he also serves as a liaison with the CREF Office, the Board of Trustees and the Institute's various organization units and executives. The successful candidate must be highly creative and enjoy working within research and academic environment that is results-driven and community-oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise sound judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, strong administrative, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to maintain a balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant must be able to work under pressure at times and handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with the utmost discretion.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides high-level executive support to the President of CyI.
- Completes a wide variety of administrative tasks including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is often sensitive and sometimes confidential; arranging complex itineraries and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Drafts letters, memos and other documents related to the President's function.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the President, with Board members, Institute staff, and other stakeholders, on matters related to the President's programmatic initiatives.
- Researches prioritizes and follows up on incoming issues, and concerns addressed to the President ensuring the confidentiality needed for matters of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Works closely and effectively with the President keeping him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Participates at senior management meetings organized by the President's Office assisting in scheduling meetings, preparing agendas and keeping minutes
- Follows up on contacts made by the President and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
Research Fellow, Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Job Description The successful candidate will work with Professor Peter Ng to manage the Secretariat of the International Commission on Zoological Nomenclature (ICZN). The Executive Secretary of t...
Research Fellow, Research , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 3 hours ago
Job Description We have a vacancy for a research fellow in the fields of energy and environmental systems modelling and analysis, operations research with application to environmental sciences or ...
Post Doc Maastricht, Working On Europe: Knowledge, Technology And Digitalisation (0.8 1.0fte), Maastricht University, Netherlands, about 3 hours ago
Post-doc Maastricht, Working on Europe: Knowledge, Technology and Digitalisation (0.8-1.0fte) Post-doc Maastricht, Working on Europe: Knowledge, Technology and Digitalisation (0.8-1.0fte) Publishe...
Research Assistant Novel Energy Oriented Materials Group, ICN2, Spain, about 8 hours ago
The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its rese...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Engineering, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, about 9 hours ago
The University of Luxembourg aspires to be one of Europe’s most highly regarded universities with a distinctly international and interdisciplinary character. It fosters the cross-fertilisation of ...
» Catalysis Research « , Technische Universität München, Germany, about 4 hours ago
22.12.2020, Professuren Technical University of Munich (TUM) invites applications in the field of » Catalysis Research « for two positions of professor at pay grade W2 (limited to 6 years, with te...