China Medical University - Queen’s University of Belfast Joint College (CQC) was established in the People’s Republic of China (PRC) through a long-standing friendship between Queen’s School of Pharmacy and the China Medical University (CMU), one of the foremost medical universities in China. CQC is a College that has the full approval from the China Ministry of Education (MoE) and was created in accordance with the MoE ‘Cooperation in Running Schools’ (CIRS) Regulations. The first students graduated from CQC in July 2018, with many opportunities thereafter for CQC graduates to enter onto postgraduate courses at Queen’s Schools in Belfast.
The School of Pharmacy at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate as Senior Lecturer (Eduction) in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology. The successful candidate will take significant responsibility for teaching and learning at undergraduate and postgraduate level, and contribute to CQC administration/outreach activity, as required.
The successful candidate will be based in China for the duration of the role.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Honours Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject (Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Engineering).
- A PhD completed in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology.
- Sustained record of peer-reviewed publications contributing to the conceptual and/or practical development of pedagogy or scholarly research, consistent with a national and emerging international reputation.
- Sustained record of obtaining external funding for pedagogical or scholarly research, educational development, knowledge transfer or outreach activity, as appropriate to subject area.
- An established reputation in teaching Pharmaceutical Sciences/Pharmaceutical Biotechnology.
- Substantial teaching experience at an internationally recognised University with experience of having designed new and innovative modules/pathways or assessment methods in own subject, with a record of good student evaluations and/or teaching awards.
- A proven ability to develop and devise new programmes, modules, techniques and methods.
- Proven ability to plan and lead the delivery of teaching programmes and to develop techniques and/or sources of funding.
- Ability to be based in China for the duration of the role.
- Bilingual in English and Chinese Mandarin.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list.
Closing Date: 18/09/2023
Anticipated Interview Date: 29/09/2023
Informal enquiries may be directed to Dr. Lei Wang via email at email@example.com
Information about the School of Pharmacy can be found at www.qub.ac.uk/schools/SchoolofPharmacy/
Information about China Medical University – Queen’s University Belfast Joint College (CQC) - www.qub.ac.uk/sites/cqc/
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Further information on our attractive package can be found at www.qub.ac.uk/directorates/HumanResources/pay-reward-and-benefits/
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity ; www.qub.ac.uk/sites/QueensGenderInitiative/ and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Internal Ref: 89039
Assistant/Associate Professor In Communication And Media, UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA, China, about 5 hours ago
30 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA Research Field Communication sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R...
Teaching Fellow In Communications And Media Studies, UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
Join a unique British University in China. The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign university to open its doors in China. This award winning campus offering a ...
Teaching Fellow In Computer Science, UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA, China, 26 days ago
4 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA Research Field Computer science Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Coun...
Teaching Fellow In Design, UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
Join a unique British University in China. The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign university to open its doors in China. This award winning campus offering a U...
Executive Assistant, Alumni Affairs Office, THE CHINESE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG - SHENZHEN, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
Post Specification Key Duties and Responsibilities: Assist with the establishments of alumni organizations and the relevant work; Assist in planning and organizing various alumni activities; Devel...
Associate Professor In Entrepreneurship And Innovation (T&L), UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
University of Nottingham Ningbo China is seeking to recruit an Associate Professor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation (Teaching and Learning focus) in Nottingham University Business School China. ...