Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University – Department of Communications and Networking, School of Advanced Technology
Located in Suzhou, China, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a young, dynamic and EMI university founded in 2006, and is a unique collaborative institution and the first joint-venture university in China to offer both UK (University of Liverpool) and Chinese (Ministry of Education) accredited undergraduate degrees for more than 100 programmes. XJTLU also aims to become truly research-led and has committed significant investment into research development and the expansion of master’s and PhD student numbers on campus. The university has over 18,000 students and nearly 1000 academic staff representing more than 90 nationalities. For detailed information about the university, please visit www.xjtlu.edu.cn
The School of Advanced Technology has five departments (intelligent Science, Computing, Mechatronics and Robotics, Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Communications and networking). As a research and practice-led school our faculty and staff are committed to providing our students with a challenging and stimulating environment, as well as unlocking their full potential. Upon graduation, students will become highly sought-after candidates with strong academic knowledge as well as extensive transferable skills in communication, teamwork and project management.
Areas of expertise in the Department of Communications and Networking: Wireless communications, Optical communications, RF engineering, Sensor networks and IoT, Computer system security, Mobile Computing, Cloud Computing, Edge Computing, Social Network Programming and Analysis, Intelligent Transportation.
Informal enquiries about the positions and the Department may be addressed to the Head of the Department Dr. Zhao Wang at Zhao.Wang@xjtlu.edu.cn
Responsibilities and Duties
Applicants will have extensive teaching experience, have published high quality papers in their area of expertise, have been successful in obtaining research grants, and have substantial experience in the supervision of research students. The successful candidate, in addition to teaching typically two modules/courses per year (i.e. one per semester), will provide leadership in curriculum development and enhancing our research profile at the international level. They are expected to assume administrative responsibilities based on their experience.
- Self-motivated and being able to motivate others;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Strong team player;
- Proactive and flexible but with good respect for deadlines;
- Able to work in an environment where diversity and inclusiveness.
- A PhD in computer science or a closely aligned area and PG Cert HE or equivalent;
- Ideally few years of teaching/research experience at a university or equivalent after completion of PhD degree;
- PhD supervision capacity;
- Strong publications record in an area of expertise;
- Evidence of success in obtaining research grants;
- Fluency in English.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Professional memberships such as BCS, IET, ACM, IEE and HEA;
- Strong knowledge / experience in international higher education.
Salary is in line with expectations for the discipline, the scales for salary are:
- Lecturer: 23,150 – 25,594 RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 28,615 RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in post)
- Assistant Professor: 29,046 – 31,993 RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 35,588 RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in post)
- Associate Professor: 36,127 – 38,967 RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 42,705 RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in post)
- Senior Associate Professor: 43,353 – 45,941 RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 49,319 RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in post)
Members of Academic Staff are entitled to subsidies for accommodation, travel, and children’s educational, medical insurance, and a one-time relocation allowance. Overseas staff may receive a tax “holiday”, depending on nationality and personal circumstances.
Citizenship and Visa Regulations
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 65 may be not eligible for a work visa in the P.R. China.
Please submit your application on our XJTLU university career website. Please clicke the above 'Apply' button to access. Applications must be submitted in a single pdf file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV, including country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- Contact Details for Three References
For general enquiries, please email the Recruiting Team at Mingwei.Sun@xjtlu.edu.cn . Please quote the position and job ID in your enquiry.
Assistant/Associate Professor/Senior Associate Professor/Professor In Multilingualism, XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), United Kingdom, 12 days ago
DEPARTMENT: Applied Linguistics ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Applied Linguistics/Multilingualism POSITION TITLE: Assistant/Associate Professor/Senior Associate Professor/Professor (open rank) LOCATION: SU...
Lecturer/Associate Professor In Mechatronics & Robotics, XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Senior Associate Professor /Associate Professor /Assistant Professor /Lecturer in Mechatronics & Robotics (2245) DEPARTMENT: Department of Mechatronics and Robotics, School of Advanced Technology ...
Lecturer/Associate Professor In Communications & Networking, XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Senior Associate Professor/Associate Professor/ Assistant Professor/Lecturer in Communications & Networking (2244) DEPARTMENT: Department of Communications and Networking, School of Advanced Techn...
Senior Associate Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor /Lecturer In Computing, XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), United Kingdom, 13 days ago
DEPARTMENT: Department of Computing, School of Advanced Technology ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Computing Science POSITION TITLE: Senior Associate Professor /Associate Professor//Assistant Professor /Lec...
Senior Associate Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor/Lecturer In Intelligent Science, XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), United Kingdom, 13 days ago
DEPARTMENT: Department of Intelligent Science, School of Advanced Technology POSITION TITLE: Senior Associate Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor/Lecturer in Intelligent Science LOCA...
Lecturer/Associate Professor In Electrical And Electronic Engineering, XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Senior Associate Professor /Associate Professor/Assistant Professor /Lecturer in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (2246) DEPARTMENT: Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Schoo...