24 May 2023
XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU)
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
22 Jun 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
School: Academy of Future Education
Department: Learning Institute for Future Excellence (LIFE)
Position: Faculty Position in Global Citizenship Education (All Ranks)
Location: Suzhou, China
Contract Type: Fixed-term, renewable. 3rd contract is open-ended
In 2006 Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) was created by the University of Liverpool and Xi’an Jiaotong University – a top ten university in China. Offering a unique international education experience, XJTLU brings together excellent research practice and expertise from both institutions and gives students the skills and knowledge they need to secure careers in a global marketplace. XJTLU now has over 25,000 enrolled students in both Suzhou and Liverpool in the UK, with plans to grow to about 28,000 students by 2025. There are currently about 2,000 staff, among which about 1,000 academic staff, with an almost even split between citizens of the People’s Republic of China and international passport holders. XJTLU offers our undergraduates and postgraduates over 100 programmes with a diverse spectrum of courses.
XJTLU is entering a new and exciting phase of its development as part of its strategic priorities for the next ten years. Adopting a new higher education model based on the concept of Syntegrative Education (SE), XJTLU is currently opening a new Entrepreneurial Education site in Taicang, part of wider Suzhou, where the Entrepreneur College (Taicang) is located. The Taicang site will be a pioneer of, and educational model for, the future campus in addressing challenges arising from the 4th Industrial Revolution. Other new initiatives include new working partnerships with Xi’an Jiaotong University, the continued development of the four new Academies, and exploration of further potential locations to develop the SE model.
With a focus on innovative learning and teaching, and research, XJTLU draws on the strengths of its parent universities, and plays a pivotal role in facilitating access to China for UK and other institutional partners. At same time, XJTLU is exploring future education by blending the educational theory, best practice and culture from west and east.
For detailed information about the university, please visit www.xjtlu.edu.cn.
ABOUT ACADEMY OF FUTURE EDUCATION ( AOFE )
The Academy of Future Education of Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is an educational innovation ecosystem that focuses on research, exploration, support, and dissemination of philosophy and best practices for future education. The core mission of the Academy is to impact education innovation and reform in China and beyond through a variety of projects and programmes, based on fundamental approaches in educational innovation and systemic development designed to contribute to the future of education. The Academy supports individuals and institutions at all levels, including all the K-15 schools as well as vocational education and higher education institutions.
Four units make up the Academy, namely the Department of Educational Studies (EDS), Institute of Leadership & Education Advanced Development (ILEAD), and Educational Development Unit (EDU), Learning Institute for Future Excellence (LIFE). Key projects of the Academy include the following programmes:
- Master’s and doctoral degree programmes in education
- Research projects on future education
- Education innovation community
- Professional development programmes for educational practitioners
- Student learning excellence support programmes
- Online-onsite hybrid learning environment and resources.
Learning Institute for Future Excellence (LIFE), as a university-level learning platform in the Academy of Future Education, is dedicated to the promotion and development of lifelong learning at XJTLU and in the wider community, as a response to opportunities and challenges of the future world. With this vision, LIFE’s support to students extends from pre-sessional stage through their whole university journey to their career development, covering their transition to the educational mode of XJTLU, transformation of learning styles and manners, and enhancement of global citizenship.
The learning platforms and programmes offered by LIFE are customized to the interests and needs of students at different stages, with special focuses on social innovation and entrepreneurship, digital literacy, interdisciplinary learning, sustainability education, and so forth. All the platforms and programmes are grounded in the student-centred and research-led learning mode of XJTLU and endorsed by the cooperation with both internal units in the institution and external partners ranging from local enterprises to international organizations. In this way, LIFE strives to enhance students’ capabilities to become global citizens with lifelong learning capacity, and to make contributions to the wellbeing of the future world.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design/deliver Year 1 project-based module of the Global Citizenship and Research-led learning;
- Design/deliver modules/activities of sustainable development education/entrepreneurship education/digital literacy education/social responsibility education/intercultural competence education;
- Promote the innovative practices of learning and teaching via technologies such as AI, big data, etc.;
- Conduct professional practices that contribute to students’ transition, transformation, and transferring of learning mode and skills;
- Participate in the design and deliver of projects and activities of LIFE, including credit and non-credit modules, workshops, and seminars at both UG and PG levels;
- Support projects and activities of LIFE according to the planning of the department and work with other team members actively and professionally;
- Work closely with students to explore innovative practices for learning and teaching;
- Supervise Master’s students for their thesis writing;
- Provide academic advising to students;
- Doctoral degree in fields related to global citizenship education, educational practices, learning enhancement, etc.; Or Master’s degree with outstanding achievements and experiences (at least five years) of leading teams teaching undergraduate modules in relevant fields;
- Experience of teaching at the university level with positive feedback from students and other stakeholders;
- Experience of designing modules for undergraduate programmes;
- Clear understanding and acknowledgement of student-centred and research-led learning;
- Clear understanding of the characteristics and needs of Chinese students and international students;
- Passion for working with the students by offering guidance and advice on the development of their overall capacity;
CITIZENSHIP AND VISA REGULATIONS
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 65 may be not eligible for a work visa in the P.R. China.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
SALARY: Competitive salary in the market
- Housing allowance
- Travel allowance
- Kids’ education allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Statutory Holidays (11 days)
- Annual Leave (36 days)
- Family Matters Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Marriage Leave
- Paternity Leave
- Parental Leave
RESEARCH FUNDING SUPPORT
The university provides every new faculty member with Research Development Fund to encourage them to initiate research projects, and Research Engagement Fund provided to support their continuous research activities.
The university will also support all faculty members to apply for national, province and city level programs. These programs aim to support excellent scientists, both Chinese and non-Chinese-citizen, to work and carry out research in China.
Some of the programs are listed in the table below. Successful applications are based on the applicant’s educational background, academic/research field, research achievements, working experience, etc. The university will provide full support on the applications.
Talent/Research Program - Fund
- Outstanding Youth Science Foundation Project (Overseas)
- RMB 1-3 Million
- Innovation Leading Talent
- up to RMB 2 Million
- Outstanding Leading Talent of International Discipline
- 50% of Annual Package
- Young Leading Talent of International Discipline
- 50% of Annual Package
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application on our university website [HERE ]. Applications must be submitted in a single pdf file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- Contact Details for Three References
For specific enquiries relating to the position, please email Head of LIFE, Dr Juming Shen email@example.com . Informal enquiries may be addressed to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Number of offers available
- XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU)
Where to apply
Faculty Positions In Cell Biology, XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), United Kingdom, about 21 hours ago
School: Biological Sciences / School of Sciences Position: Faculty Positions in Cell Biology Location: Suzhou, China Contract Type: Fixed-term, renewable. 3rd contract is open-ended ABOUT XJTLU In...
Faculty Positions In Biotechnology, XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), United Kingdom, about 21 hours ago
School: Biological Sciences / School of Sciences Position: Faculty Positions in Biotechnology Location: Suzhou, China Contract Type: Fixed-term, renewable. 3rd contract is open-ended ABOUT XJTLU I...
Faculty Positions In Rna Therapeutics, XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), United Kingdom, about 21 hours ago
School: Biological Sciences / School of Sciences Position: Faculty Positions in RNA therapeutics Location: Suzhou, China Contract Type: Fixed-term, renewable. 3rd contract is open-ended ABOUT XJTL...
Faculty Positions In Synthetic Biology, XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), United Kingdom, about 21 hours ago
School: Biological Sciences / School of Sciences Position: Faculty Positions in Synthetic Biology Location: Suzhou, China Contract Type: Fixed-term, renewable. 3rd contract is open-ended ABOUT XJT...
Full Professor In Architecture , ;, China, 8 days ago
Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University – Architecture POSITION OVERVIEW School: Design School Location: Suzhou Campus Salary: Salary and benefits packages are competitive and commensurate with rank...
Professor In Architecture , XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), United Kingdom, 17 days ago
POSITION OVERVIEW School: Design School Department: Department of Architecture Position Title: Professor in Architecture Location: Suzhou Campus Salary: Salary and benefits packages are competitiv...