This competition is restricted to current employees of the University of Alberta. Please indicate your internal status using the "Advertisement" drop down menu when applying.
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits .
This posting may be used to hire multiple positions in the Humanities, Social Sciences and Fine Arts Divisions.
Reporting to the Academic Department Manager (ADM), the Web/Communications Coordinator will coordinate and provide a high level of varied technical, communication, writing and analytical skills regarding websites, communication (marketing/promotion), and recruitment.
- Identifies story ideas, writes and edits content, social media posts and other communications in consultation with Communications service partner(s), ADM, Chairs, and Program Directors.
- Supports the Departments, faculty and staff ensuring web content is kept up-to-date and current and ensures the tone and style for content and websites is in-line with the Departments, Faculty of Arts and the University.
- Participates in website redesigns for departments and facilitates their moves to the new Faculty of Arts, University framework.
- Recommends appropriate editorial solutions to departments and staff, including the use of appropriate content and management tools and techniques to meet departmental/divisional needs.
- Liaises with on-campus external relations, government relations, and media offices (including in the Faculty of Arts) about activities to explain, promote, and detail the accomplishments of the programs and their contributions; provides content specific information for distribution as appropriate (e.g., events calendar, Arts-Town-Crier).
- Coordinates with faculty and staff for the production, updating, and distribution of publicly available materials to ensure consistency with program messaging (e.g. flyers, brochures, guidebooks, application forms, other digital outreach materials, and resource materials for students, instructors, and community partners).
- Plans and coordinates ongoing promotional events for community partners, instructors and students across the University – workshops, orientation sessions, information sessions, Open House, recognition and celebration events.
- Writes content and prepares news articles for websites, social media communications (e.g. Bears Den, Facebook, and other applicable social media sites etc.) to promote programming.
- Executes effective media relations strategies to deliver messages appropriate to target audiences.
- Develops/executes communication, marketing and promotion campaigns for the Departments.
- Collaborates in planning, development and implementation of annual communications and marketing plans for the division.
- Works with recruitment partners to create and implement a marketing plan for the programs in the divisions; creates and distributes marketing materials; identifies special events to display materials; prepares information packages.
- Coordinates, supports and shows appreciation for volunteers on behalf of the Departments.
- Facilitates the organization of special events; arranges venues (if necessary), rentals and catering.
- Performs other duties as required, in response to website, recruitment and communication activities.
- Completion of a diploma in public relations or communications, or equivalent experience. Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Three to five years of related experience in a marketing/communications and/or recruitment role researching / writing engaging and information stories for a variety of internal and external audiences in a variety of formats. (e.g. long/short form, video, photo essays, website and social media platforms).
- Excellent planning and organizational skills; ability to meet deadlines and juggle competing priorities, often in a fast paced, stressful environment.
- Demonstrated skills in industrial design, communication design, graphic design, user experience design, photography, video/video editing.
- Social media communications planning experience is required.
- Computer proficiency in Windows environment, using MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Powerpoint), Google applications, and Adobe Creative Suite is a strong asset.
- Photography, photo editing and videography skills considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated intercultural understanding are required.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and ability to work.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of University of Alberta policies and procedures is preferred.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter.
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Digital Communications Specialist, Arizona State University, United States, 11 days ago
72358BR Campus: Tempe Digital Communications Spec Job Description The Center for Global Discovery and Conservation Science (GDCS) seeks a Communications Specialist to plan, develop, and produce cr...
Digital Content Specialist, University of Mississippi, United States, about 15 hours ago
Note for Current UM Employees Current employees must apply internally via connectU > connectu.olemiss.edu Definition of Class This position develops and implements social media strategies to raise...
Communications Specialist, Arizona State University, United States, 5 days ago
72367BR Campus: Tempe Communications Specialist Job Description UTO at ASU is seeking a dynamic content producer to develop creative and strategic communications that amplify the human impact of t...
Senior Executive/Executive (Communications & Public Affairs), Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, Singapore, about 19 hours ago
The Institute of Policy Studies (IPS) is a policy research think-tank in the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore. IPS is looking to hire, on a two-year contract,...
Communications Advisor External/Research Communication (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 19 hours ago
At the Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB) we are committed to serving our local, national, and international communities; by impacting science, business practice and society at large. Our mis...
Graphic Designer, Washington State University, Worldwide, about 3 hours ago
Title: 1112-YN - Graphic Designer Business Title: Graphic Designer Location: Employee Type: Admin. Professional (+) (Fixed Term) Job Family: Administrative Professional - OT Eligible Position Deta...