This competition is restricted to current employees of the University of Alberta. Please indicate your internal status using the "Advertisement" drop down menu when applying.
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits .
This posting may be used to hire multiple positions in the Humanities, Social Sciences and Fine Arts Divisions.
Reporting to the Academic Department Manager (ADM), the Web/Communications Coordinator will coordinate and provide a high level of varied technical, communication, writing and analytical skills regarding websites, communication (marketing/promotion), and recruitment.
- Identifies story ideas, writes and edits content, social media posts and other communications in consultation with Communications service partner(s), ADM, Chairs, and Program Directors.
- Supports the Departments, faculty and staff ensuring web content is kept up-to-date and current and ensures the tone and style for content and websites is in-line with the Departments, Faculty of Arts and the University.
- Participates in website redesigns for departments and facilitates their moves to the new Faculty of Arts, University framework.
- Recommends appropriate editorial solutions to departments and staff, including the use of appropriate content and management tools and techniques to meet departmental/divisional needs.
- Liaises with on-campus external relations, government relations, and media offices (including in the Faculty of Arts) about activities to explain, promote, and detail the accomplishments of the programs and their contributions; provides content specific information for distribution as appropriate (e.g., events calendar, Arts-Town-Crier).
- Coordinates with faculty and staff for the production, updating, and distribution of publicly available materials to ensure consistency with program messaging (e.g. flyers, brochures, guidebooks, application forms, other digital outreach materials, and resource materials for students, instructors, and community partners).
- Plans and coordinates ongoing promotional events for community partners, instructors and students across the University – workshops, orientation sessions, information sessions, Open House, recognition and celebration events.
- Writes content and prepares news articles for websites, social media communications (e.g. Bears Den, Facebook, and other applicable social media sites etc.) to promote programming.
- Executes effective media relations strategies to deliver messages appropriate to target audiences.
- Develops/executes communication, marketing and promotion campaigns for the Departments.
- Collaborates in planning, development and implementation of annual communications and marketing plans for the division.
- Works with recruitment partners to create and implement a marketing plan for the programs in the divisions; creates and distributes marketing materials; identifies special events to display materials; prepares information packages.
- Coordinates, supports and shows appreciation for volunteers on behalf of the Departments.
- Facilitates the organization of special events; arranges venues (if necessary), rentals and catering.
- Performs other duties as required, in response to website, recruitment and communication activities.
- Completion of a diploma in public relations or communications, or equivalent experience. Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Three to five years of related experience in a marketing/communications and/or recruitment role researching / writing engaging and information stories for a variety of internal and external audiences in a variety of formats. (e.g. long/short form, video, photo essays, website and social media platforms).
- Excellent planning and organizational skills; ability to meet deadlines and juggle competing priorities, often in a fast paced, stressful environment.
- Demonstrated skills in industrial design, communication design, graphic design, user experience design, photography, video/video editing.
- Social media communications planning experience is required.
- Computer proficiency in Windows environment, using MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Powerpoint), Google applications, and Adobe Creative Suite is a strong asset.
- Photography, photo editing and videography skills considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated intercultural understanding are required.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and ability to work.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of University of Alberta policies and procedures is preferred.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter.
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Marketing Content Specialist, Arizona State University, United States, 16 days ago
73545BR Campus: Tempe Marketing Content Specialist Job Description ASU's Educational Outreach and Student Service is seeking a talented, organized and versatile Marketing Content Specialist to joi...
Senior Communications Lead, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, about 15 hours ago
Position Summary Responsible for leading the communications work in the Division and coordination of communication activities with other departments of the university. Major Responsibilities Lead ...
Technical Support In The Development Of The Communication Activities Of The Reunice Project In The..., Universidad de Cantabria, Spain, 28 days ago
The Vice-Rectorate for Research and Science Policy of the University of Cantabria announces a selection process for a job offer for REUNICE, a European research project within EUNICE European Univ...
Web Project Manager (It), Arizona State University, United States, 17 days ago
73550BR Campus: Tempe Web Project Manager (IT) Job Description Educational Outreach and Student Services is seeking an energetic and self-motivated and team-oriented Web Project Manager, to work o...
Communications Specialist, American Institutes for Research, United States, about 19 hours ago
AIR is currently seeking a Communications Specialist to join our Education Statistics program area within AIR’s Human Services Division to aid us with improving outcomes in Education . Candidates ...
Marketing & Publicity Coordinator, University of Otago, New Zealand, about 16 hours ago
Marketing & Publicity Coordinator-2102379 OTAGO UNIVERSITY PRESS RESEARCH DIVISION About us/Mō mātou Otago University Press is the publisher of quality non-fiction books on New Zealand and the Pac...