This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA).
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits .
Location - North campus and Enterprise Square. This role is hybrid with a mix of remote and in person
The University of Alberta is teeming with change makers, community builders, and world shapers. Here’s a chance to help tell our stories across the globe.
The External Relations Creative Centre of Expertise is new at the U of A, so you should expect a veritable whirlwind of learning, growing, creating, and supporting each other on our collective journey to “build the university of tomorrow.”
Your work will have a meaningful influence on a fascinating cross section of people—from our students and stakeholders, to our renowned researchers and innovators who are quite literally curing diseases, making discoveries and generating solutions that make the world healthier, safer, stronger, and more just.
Help us shine a light on this immensely outstanding— yet largely unsung—Top 5 research university.
The Producer within the Creative Centre of Expertise is responsible for the planning, execution and delivery of a variety of multimedia projects. They organize and manage the budget, schedule and production process of: videos, broadcast commercials, digital ads and digital content (where motion and/or sound are required), radio spots, and photo shoots. They oversee all elements of pre-production, production and post-production, right up to release. They often serve as a project manager, coordinating the schedules and duties of creative professionals, production staff, vendors, and others.
The Producer partners closely with a variety of stakeholders to make sure U of A projects are on brand, on budget and delivered on time. As part of the Digital and Creative Centre of Expertise, the Producer will work closely with many internal agency departments (account, ops, strategy and finance) along with members of the creative team (Creative Director, Art Directors, Copywriters, Editors, Designers, Animators and Motion Graphics Specialists), vendors and clients — but will be especially closely involved in working with our Videographer/Photographer and the projects assigned to them.
An experienced producer knows and hires the right vendors in Alberta, and knows when to go beyond. Existing relationships and a good reputation is key to being a successful candidate. Exceptional organizational skills and project management abilities are critical to this role, as is previous proven experience as a paid Producer.
Key duties include but are not limited to:
- Being the main liaison between video/photography creatives, account managers, stakeholders and external resources.
- Consulting with the Videographers/Photographers on many aspects of shoot planning, often being the lead for items including: securing crew, location scouting, talent sourcing, auditions and props.
- During production, work with Director to ensure that a production is completed on time and within budget while ensuring that pre-established creative integrity of a production is maintained, protected and delivered.
- Manages working budget to ensure production stays on target.
- Manage, monitor and maintain all communication about the project scope within the team.
- Develops shoot schedules and builds pre-pro decks.
- 5-7 years successful experience in being a Producer for an ad agency, internal or external, program/channel or similar
- Impeccable references
- A degree or diploma in a field related to film production, project management or other education AND equivalent experience relevant to the role is required
- Experience in working with internal creative departments a plus
- Previous experience overseeing and directing vendors
- End-to-end working knowledge of the video and audio production processes
- Fluent in Google Worksuite
- Proficient in Adobe CC
- Experience in the Agile method preferred but not required
- Proficient in the use of common video editing programs such as After Effects and digital editing programs like Photoshop is recommended
- Photography skills are helpful but not necessary
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Assistant Professor / Associate Professor In Photography And Digital Imaging, NANYANG TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY, Singapore, 19 days ago
9 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company NANYANG TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY Research Field Arts Communication sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1...
Temporary Film And Video Technical Assistant, Wesleyan University, United States, about 10 hours ago
Position Information Position Information Job Posting Number T00904 Position Title Temporary Film and Video Technical Assistant Department College of Film and The Moving Image-1098 Job Category Te...
Marketing And Communications Coordinator, Harvard University, United States, 24 days ago
04-Sep-2023 Harvard John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences 63548BR Job Summary This Communications Coordinator will serve as a resource, providing communications and marketing ...
Multi Media Specialist, Arizona State University, United States, 10 days ago
95520BR Campus: Tempe MultiMedia Specialist Job Description The VisLab is looking for a creative and engaging Multimedia Specialist who designs, develops and delivers visual, multimedia, animation...
Faculty Positions, School Of Film And Television Arts (All Ranks), XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), United Kingdom, 15 days ago
School: School of Film and Television Arts Position: Faculty Positions, School of Film and Television Arts (All Ranks) Position Information: Open Rank Academic Discipline: Digital Media Arts, Film...
Faculty Position, School Of Film And Television Arts (Open Ranks) , ;, China, 11 days ago
Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University – School of Film and Television Arts Position Information: Open Rank Academic Discipline: Digital Media Arts, Film Production and Management, TV and Stream Me...