While this position welcomes applications from the public, please note that preference will be given to current employees at the University of Alberta. Please indicate your internal status using the "Advertisement" drop down menu when applying.
Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Students, Health & Wellness (ADHW), the Veteran Friendly Campus Director (VFCD) is accountable for the management and supervision of all aspects of the VFC Team, its programs and personnel, as well as formulating the VFC Team’s long-range plan and budget forecast. The VFCD plays a critical role in liaising with local, provincial and national levels of Veteran Affairs Canada (VAC), Canadian Armed Forces (CAF), Department of National Defense (DND), and community support services to ensure a seamless support program that meets the unique strengths and needs of Veteran-students attending the U of A. The VFC Program delivers contextualized support and programming for prospective and current Veteran-students at the University of Alberta. The VFC Director and staff work with an interdisciplinary team including but not limited to DOS Health & Wellness Services (HWS), clinicians (e.g., Psychologists, social workers, family physicians, etc.), the Heroes in Mind, Advocacy and Research Consortium (HiMARC) team members, Veteran Affairs Canada (VAC), Canadian Armed Forces (CAF), Department of National Defense (DND), and greater partners and community service providers.
The VFCD is also accountable for coordinating the assessment, development and implementation of evidence-informed Veteran-student supports, Veteran-student assessment tools and support programming that address the academic, environmental, financial, health (mental and physical), and psychosocial dimensions of Veteran-students to optimize Veteran-students’ opportunities for success.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Successful development, implementation, administration, and evaluation of the U of A VFC Program and Toolkit
- Liaising and foster key partnerships with VAC, CAF, DND, stakeholders and greater community services to build and maintain VFC support Pathways and foster collaborations
- Supervision of the VFC staff, academic practicum students and the operation of their programs
- Coordination of the VFC Team participation in an interdisciplinary care model that incorporates collaborative care between Dean of Students team members, campus service providers, HiMARC, VAC, CAF, DND, and community stakeholders
- Development and oversight of the VFC Strategic Plan and budget forecasting
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Master’s Degree required with military veteran support setting or studies preferred
- High level of interpersonal, diplomacy, ingenuity and strategic planning skills
- Superior analytical and decision-making skills as well as creative problem solving approaches under potentially time restrictive and volatile circumstances
- Extensive knowledge of military culture, military organizational structures and capacity to effectively interface with a diverse range of military, civilian and campus systems
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Strong knowledge of strengths and opportunities that inform Veteran-student transition to civilian and campus life
- Extensive knowledge of program and event planning
- Knowledgeable in and familiar with the traditions, values and beliefs associated with the Canadian Military that can inform and coordinate culturally appropriate Veteran-student support services in response to both student needs and University policies
- Effective employee management and supervision skills
- Passing Criminal Record Check - Vulnerable Sector
In accordance with the Trust/Research Academic Staff (TRAS) Agreement , this position offers a comprehensive benefits package found at Faculty & Staff Benefits and an annual salary range of $74,084 to $101,888
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
Tuition Assistance Specialist, The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 24 days ago
The Tuition Assistance Specialist position is a full-time employment opportunity. The mission of the Tuition Assistance (TA) Specialist is to assist Active Duty Military members in returning to po...
Orests In Military: Historical Gis For Case Studies In The Southeastern United States, Università degli Studi di Padova, Dipartimento di Scienze storiche, geografiche e dell'antichità, Italy, 11 days ago
The research aims to analyze the role of forests in the context of military geography through two main case studies. The first case study will analyze the forest that covers a large part of Fort J...
Associate Senior Lecturer In System Science For Defence And Security , Swedish Defence University ;, Sweden, 5 days ago
The Swedish Defence University is seeking one or more associate senior lecturers in System Science for defence and Security with a specialisation in modelling and simulation The subject of System ...
Associate Senior Lecturer In Defence Systems With A Specialisation In Systems Management , Swedish Defence University ;, Sweden, 5 days ago
The Swedish Defence University is seeking one or more associate senior lecturers in Systems Science for Defence and Security with a specialisation in Systems Management The subject of Systems Scie...
Invasive Species Field Coordinator – Guam, CEMML, United States, 10 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyCEMMLLocationGuamJob CategoryTemporary/Seasonal PositionsSalary$25.32 - $31.58/hourStart Date11/01/2021Last ...
Cultural Resources/Gis Specialist Guam, Colorado State University, United States, 18 days ago
Posting Details Working Title Cultural Resources/GIS Specialist - Guam Position Location Guam Research Professional Position Yes Posting Number 202101085AP Position Type Admin Professional/ Resear...