This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA).
This position has a term length of one year plus a day. This position offer a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits .
Location - Work will primarily take place at North Edmonton Campus. This role is hybrid with a mix of remote and in-person.
Working for the University of Alberta
The University of Alberta acknowledges that we are located on Treaty 6 territory, and respects the histories, languages and cultures of First Nations, Métis, Inuit and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our vibrant community.
The University of Alberta is teeming with change makers, community builders, and world shapers who lead with purpose each and every day. We are home to more than 40,000 students in 200+ undergraduate and 500+ graduate programs, over 13,000 faculty and staff, 260,000 alumni worldwide and have been recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for over a decade.
Your work will have a meaningful influence on a fascinating cross section of people—from our students and stakeholders, to our renowned researchers and innovators who are quite literally curing diseases, making discoveries and generating solutions that make the world healthier, safer, stronger, and more just.
Working for the Department/Faculty
The Faculty of Nursing is ranked the #1 Nursing Faculty in Canada, is among the top five in the world, and annually receives over 3000 applications to the Undergraduate Programs. The Nursing Undergraduate Student Services Office oversees the admissions, progression, enrollment, success, and support of undergraduate nursing student
Acts as the first point of contact for the Faculty of Nursing Undergraduate Student Services Office including current students, prospective applicants, faculty, and staff. Advises students and applicants through phone, email and in person. Provides accurate information on Faculty of Nursing academic program requirements, deadlines and university/faculty policies and procedures. Provides student placement administrative support. Provides communication and operational support to the Nursing Undergraduate Office and Undergraduate Programs Leadership Team. Troubleshoots complex inquires with the Director, Undergraduate Student Services and Operations, Clinical Placement Team, and Undergraduate Academic Advisors.
In all facets of this role, this position endeavors to integrate and advance the University’s commitments to equity, diversity and inclusivity. This position understands, fulfills, and promotes the health, safety and environment responsibilities identified in university policy
Student Advising and Communications
- Acts as the first and main point of contact for the Faculty of Nursing Undergraduate Student Services Office and Nursing Programs.
- Responds to specific inquiries about Nursing programs from students, faculty, and staff. Provides information on aspects of academic programs to current students (e.g. course inquiries). Advises prospective transfer applicants on admissions process and requirements.
- Uses student services systems to advise students regarding programs and enrollment (campus solutions, virtual chat bot, queuing system, ticket system, etc.).
- Generates content, creation and distribution of the Nursing Undergraduate Student Newsletter on a monthly basis.
- Identifies and refers students at risk to Director, Undergraduate Student Services and Operations and Undergraduate Academic Advisors.
- Maintains Nursing Undergraduate student resources including the eClass site, student manual, orientation programming documents, etc.
- Makes updates to content on the Nursing Undergraduate webpages as required.
- Actively participates in, schedules, organizes, and provides day of on-site support for Nursing Undergraduate Student Services program and recruitment events, welcome receptions, student conferences, and other program related activities (Ex: Open House, orientations, etc.).
Student Placement Administrative Support
- Updates and maintains Health Sciences Placement Network (HSPnet) system for student placement purposes. Enrolls students into HSPnet for AHS network request purposes, places students into course assignments, puts all students into group placements. Enrolls instructors into HSPnet. Handles student swaps. Grants student access to HSPnet.
- Requests Connect Care, VAX, Pyxis, Medication Dose Cart, Meditech security access.
- Requests AHS Security Badging based on current AHS requirements. Requests departmental ID badging through U of A One Card Office.
- Requests AHS Network Access with Clinical Placement Sites through HSPnet
- Prepares queries and reports (related to placements) through HSPnet to support tracking student initiatives.
- Builds courses in HSPnet for student placement cohorts.
- Manages the Clinical Agency feedback process, including emailing surveys and utilizing a database to track returns and monitor feedback.
- Arranges, contacts, and tracks student placement requests as needed by the Clinical Placement Team.
- Provides credentialing services to graduates seeking employment in other provinces or internationally
- Monitors email@example.com for new credentialing orders and logs request information in tracking sheet.
- Works with the Faculty of Nursing Store to ensure that appropriate fees for credentialing services are paid before the request is processed.
Nursing Undergraduate Office Operations Support
- Responsible for coordinating and ordering textbooks needed for the Undergraduate programs.
- Assigns lockers to students once a year on designated locker distribution days, and on an ongoing basis.
- Uses Campus Solutions to confirm student course enrollment, clinical placement hours, and fee assessment information for completion of various Nursing forms (ex: Undergraduate Nursing Employee, Alberta Health Care Aide Program, IV Certifications, Letters of Completion, etc.).
- Drafts custom letters (including letters of completion, etc.) on behalf of the Nursing Undergraduate Student Services Office for students upon request.
- Manages the Nursing Advising Sessions calendar for the Undergraduate Office.
- Sends out student surveys or information requests. Compiles submission for review.
- Supports the Undergraduate Programs Leadership Team with the management and coordination of current student events (Associate Dean’s pinning ceremony, New Student Orientation, etc.).
- Undergraduate degree and/or a diploma in an appropriate area demonstrated with experience in course administration.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with program/administrative coordination.
- Thorough understanding of databases and database integrity procedures is necessary.
- Experience with PeopleSoft (student) a definite asset.
- Experience with University Academic Calendar and Campus Solutions preferred.
- Strong knowledge of University policies and procedures, affiliated partners and University business and academic scheduling procedures.
- Knowledge of security controls, cash handling and reconciliation.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting is necessary.
- Able to work in a team setting as well as independently.
- Able to organize oneself efficiently and effectively.
- Able to meet tight deadlines and able to recognize timelines of other areas.
- Excellent at clearly communicating with various parties (externally and internally) using a variety of methods including phone, remote, email, and in person.
- Familiarity and good understanding of the principles and practices of providing excellent customer service and ability to implement these principles and practices in a positive, encouraging manner.
- Experience with data monitoring preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nursing Clinical Coordinator, University of Arkansas, United States, 22 days ago
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view ...
Academic And Student Affairs Coordinator , Columbia University, United States, 1 day ago
Job Type: Support Staff - Union Bargaining Unit: Local 2110 Regular/Temporary: Regular Hours Per Week: 35 Salary Range: $54,180 to $58,000 The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be...
Lecturer Nurse Academic, University of Sydney, Australia, about 1 hour ago
Full time fixed term until 31 December 2024 in the Wentworth, NSW / Mildura, VIC region Opportunity for a Lecturer to support the recruitment, training, workforce development and retention of nurs...
Cybersecurity Instructional Faculty, KING ABDULLAH UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology: Faculty Positions: Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Science and Engineering Division (faculty) Location King Abdullah University of Science...
Case Manager For Undergraduate Students, Johns Hopkins University, United States, 24 days ago
Details Posted: 01-Sep-23 Location: Nationwide Salary: Open Internal Number: 110768-en_US Nature of Responsibilities Reporting to the Assistant Director of Student Outreach & Support and working a...
Administrative Student Affairs Coordinator, McGill University, Canada, 9 days ago
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or positio...