Duties and Responsibilities:
Carleton University’s department of Information Technology Services is searching for a Senior Network Engineer to support the operational and strategic planning for its enterprise-wide networks, specifically its Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) network. This dynamic position will be integral to transforming the VoIP network, by architecting and implementing changes, that meet the evolving needs of the user community.
This exciting opportunity is a full-time, continuing position with a total compensation package that includes competitive, extended health and dental benefits, annual and sick leave, life insurance, and unique perks such as tuition benefits and access to the fitness facilities at Carleton.
The ideal candidate will have experience/certification in configuring/supporting VoIP networks.
Responsible to support the operational design, performance and integrity of enterprise-wide network systems and infrastructure
- Supports operational and strategic planning for enterprise-wide, local and VoIP networks, including budget preparation
- Serves as subject matter expert for network planning and operations
- Research existing and new and emerging technologies, advises on opportunities, and provides input into network systems
- Designs and creates architecture for networks across campus facilities
- Leads network installation and upgrades
- Maintains and supports and campus networks
- Analyzes and resolves the most complex network operational and performance issues—responds to operational failures, troubleshoots identify root cause, and develop plan to resolve
- Provides final tier level support for wireless/internet/network/VoIP network related problems, troubleshoots, and fixes current system
- Serves as project manager including developing budgets, procuring services and equipment, setting schedule, overseeing implementation and project completion
- Oversees contractors and vendors, sets priorities and schedules, ensure compliance with contract obligations and with university standards and procedures
- Evaluates architecture and network operation and identify opportunities for continuous improvement against key metrics such as manageability, security, or cost
The incumbent must possess the following qualifications:
- The incumbent must possess knowledge of information technology systems policies, procedures, and processes
- The incumbent must possess knowledge of network systems and architecture and industry practices and processes
- The incumbent must possess knowledge of office as well as the broader university academic units, departments, and divisions
- The incumbent must possess knowledge of office productivity software and databases, internet browsers and search engines, discipline-specific software, enterprise software, and technology devices
- The incumbent must possess knowledge of cultural competency and diversity in a business context
- The incumbent must possess expert knowledge of the following: L2 switching technologies such as STP, trunking, LACP and VPC; IPv4 and IPv4 addressing and routing EIGRP, OSPFv3 and BGP; DNS & DHCP services including infoblox system administration; network security including administration of CISCO-ASA and Cisco-Firepower; network device operating software including administration of F5-LTM and F5-ASM systems; network authentication services including LDAP, RADIUS and TACACS, familiarity with authentication servers such as ISE and RSA SecureID; Cisco wireless access points and controller; Cisco Prime Infrastructure
Education and Experience:
The above is normally acquired through the completion of:
- A bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science. computer system engineering
- Minimum of seven years of previous information technology network experience
Equivalencies will be considered. Applicants are encouraged to provide information which may demonstrate equivalent qualifications. Please note that applicants may be required to complete an employment test as part of the selection process for this position. Those applicants that are selected for an interview will be requested to contact the Human Resource Advisor assigned to this competition as soon as possible to discuss any accommodation requirements. Arrangements will be made to accommodate your request in a timely manner. Carleton University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within its community as a source of excellence, cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our University including, but not limited to: women; visible minorities; First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples; persons with disabilities; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expressions.
View complete position description
*1. Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
2. Have you completed a bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science or computer system engineering?
*3. How many years of previous information technology network experience do you possess?
* Question numbers in red and with an asterisk indicate mandatory questions (answer is required).
Please confirm that you have updated your candidate profile, if you are a returning applicant. Please note your profile includes important screening information.
Network Innovation Specialist, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
DepartmentData and Technical Networks – Institute of Computer Science Deadline 13 Jun 2021 Start date 1. 6. 2021 E-APPLICATION Do you want to influence the life of the next generations and make t...
łukasiewicz Research Network Industrial Chemistry Research Institute Employed Senior Specialist..., Łukasiewicz Research Network - Industrial Chemistry Research Institute, Poland, 15 days ago
Łukasiewicz Research Network - Industrial Chemistry Research Institute is an institute with over 100 years of tradition. It offers new technologies and process modernization, incl. in the field of...
Assistant, Associate Or Full Professor (# Of Pos: 10), University of Information Science and Technology “St, Paul the Apostle” Ohrid, Macedonia, 14 days ago
10 (ten) Faculty and Postdoctoral Positions Opened at UIST The University of Information Science and Technology “St. Paul the Apostle” – Ohrid (UIST) is searching for 10 (ten) faculty and postdoc...
Cybersecurity Engineer, Ingeteam, Spain, 3 days ago
Ingeteam, a leading company specialized in Electrical Engineering and in the development of electrical equipment, motors, generators and frequency converters. It will be integrated into the Ingete...
Physician Researcher Artificial Intelligence In Paediatric Cardiology, University Medical Centre Groningen (UMCG), Netherlands, 9 days ago
We offer a combination of a challenging clinical PhD-position focussed on pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) in children, with the function of national network coordinator of our national netwo...
Business Development Assistant Manager , Kent Union ;, Kenya, 4 days ago
Annual Salary Circa £22K + performance related elements 35 hours per week 34 days’ annual leave Thank you for your interest in the position of Business Development Assistant Manager at Kent Union ...