Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply.
If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or position at McGill University), do not apply through this Career Site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting using the Find Jobs report (type Find Jobs in the search bar).
Reporting to the Executive Director Athletics and Recreation, oversees operations of the Recreation Facilities and Programming at Macdonald Campus.
- Manage the administrative and financial activities of Macdonald Campus Recreation Programming and Facilities, including but not limited to, Stewart Athletics, Fields (Watson and McEwen), Arena and Waterfront, outdoor courts and tennis/pickleball facility. and ensure all programming is done in a safe and inclusive environment.
- Supervise a team of professional and support staff and manage the human resources activities in collaboration with the A&R HR unit.
- Establish and oversee a long-term vision with short- and long-term goals for the Macdonald Campus A&R unit as it relates to the Mac community needs and the Athletics and Recreation Strategic Plan. Ensure that there is a clear vision of where the unit is heading and how it impacts/involves unit staff.
- Manage and oversee projects, scheduling, fiscal and other business matters in accordance with university policies and A&R objectives and plans.
- Collaborate with the Athletics and Recreation senior leadership team and the Dean of Mac Campus. Represent Macdonald Recreation interests both internally and externally.
- Create and build upon existing relationships with current and potential clients, community members with the goal to increase visibility and presence.
- Provide senior professional expertise to unit members on administrative, financial, and wellness programs and projects.
- Provide senior expertise on wellness initiatives, trends and future potential projects.
- Develop, maintain, promote, implement, and evaluate recreational programming to all members of the Macdonald Campus community as well as external clients.
- Prepare and manage annual budget for Macdonald Campus Recreation operations in accordance with university policies and procedures.
- Through needs analysis, determine and authorize expenditures, review all accounts, and ensure compliance with university and unit budget policies and financial procedures.
- Ensure preparation of appropriate financial reporting (quarterly forecasts) and year-end documentation.
- Negotiate and implement contractual obligations and large purchases, including equipment for all Macdonald Campus Recreational facilities and seek financial approval from Executive Director A&R.
- Manage large events run by A&R by supervising all logistics including venue, and compliance with university policies.
- Manage relationships between faculties, John Abbott College and various other external groups.
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities:
Strong background and expertise in recreation programming. Experience with project management and facilities operations. 5 plus years managing a unit/team of professional and unionized staff and/or extensive successful management and supervisory experience. Strong aptitude for financial procedures and fiscal oversight for the creation and management of budgets. Demonstrated leadership experience including setting strategic goals and consensus building related to the needs of your primary clients. Ability to build and nurture relationships with different campus and community partners. Strong knowledge of university policies and procedures relating to wellness and facilities. McGill University is an English-language university where day to day duties require English communication both verbally and in writing. The level of English required for this position has been assessed at a level #4 on a scale of 0-4.Available to work outside of normal business hours including evenings and weekends, as required.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree 5 Years Related Experience /
(MPEX Grade 07) $87,090.00 - $108,860.00 - $130,630.00
Hours per Week:
33.75 (Full time)
Senior Director Athletics & Recreation
Position End Date (If applicable):
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, [email protected] .
Accountant (Part Time), Massbay Community College, United States, 14 days ago
Details Posted: 18-Feb-24 Location: United States, Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Staff/Administrative Internal Number: req489 The ideal candidate will join a vibrant and inclusive educa...
Fitness & Wellness Coordinator Campus Life, Emory University, United States, 24 days ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...
Learning Specialist, Reading And Writing (Part Time, Cte), Massbay Community College, United States, 14 days ago
Details Posted: 18-Feb-24 Location: United States, Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Staff/Administrative Internal Number: req495 The idealcandidate will join a vibrant and inclusive educat...
Facility Coordinator For Memberships And Front Desk Services, Unlv Student Life, Campus Recreational Services [R0141165], University of Nevada Las Vegas, United States, 1 day ago
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for Facility Coordinator for Memberships and Front Desk Services, UNLV Student Life, Campus Recreational Services [R0141165] ROLE of the PO...
Senior Accountant, Harvard University, United States, 13 days ago
20-Feb-2024 University Administration 65099BR Position Description HSA OVERVIEW Founded in 1957, Harvard Student Agencies, Inc . is a multi-million-dollar non-profit that provides Harvard students...
Assistant Director, Office Of Bgltq Student Life, Harvard University, United States, 23 days ago
06-Feb-2024 Faculty of Arts and Sciences 65005BR Position Description Intern Supervision and Mentoring Oversee hiring, training, and ongoing performance management of interns. In consultation with...