This position is a part of the Association of the Academic Staff of the University of Alberta (AASUA).
In accordance with the Administrative and Professional Officer Agreement , this full time continuing position offers a comprehensive benefits package found at Faculty & Staff Benefits and annual salary range of $73,843 to $123,075.
Location - North Campus Edmonton. This role is hybrid with a mix of remote and in-person.
Working for the University of Alberta
The University of Alberta acknowledges that we are located on Treaty 6 territory, and respects the histories, languages and cultures of First Nations, Métis, Inuit and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our vibrant community.
The University of Alberta is teeming with change makers, community builders, and world shapers who lead with purpose each and every day. We are home to more than 40,000 students in 200+ undergraduate and 500+ graduate programs, over 13,000 faculty and staff, 260,000 alumni worldwide and have been recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for over a decade.
Your work will have a meaningful influence on a fascinating cross section of people—from our students and stakeholders, to our renowned researchers and innovators who are quite literally curing diseases, making discoveries and generating solutions that make the world healthier, safer, stronger, and more just.
Working for the Department/Faculty
The Alberta School of Business is one of the world’s leading institutions in business education and research. As the first and longest continually accredited business school in Canada, the Alberta School of Business is one of the largest business schools in Canada with 70 faculty members, 3000 undergraduate students, and over 800 students in our Masters and PhD programs. Since 1916, the innovative ideas, entrepreneurial spirit and leadership of theSchool’s more than 31,000 alumni have strengthened businesses and communities worldwide. Our vision is simple,yet powerful: To develop and inspire entrepreneurial leaders from Alberta for the World. Our mission is to excel andlead through research, teaching and external engagement. For more information about the School, please visit ourwebsite at www.business.ualberta.ca .
Reporting to the Associate Dean, this role is a member of the senior leadership team of the Master's & Executive Education Office. The Senior Lead, China Programs is the key position responsible for leading and managing all aspects of business graduate programs in China. This includes, but is not limited to, the Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Master of Financial Management (MFM) programs in China. The mandate of the role includes providing leadership and strategic advice as well as making decisions on all issues impacting the China Programs, setting direction for the program team, identifying opportunities for program growth and expansion in a competitive market, ensuring all aspects of program delivery are planned and delivered effectively, facilitating opportunities for collaboration and connections with our international partners and contacts, and developing and maintaining exceptional relationships as the lead relationship contact with the University of Alberta, Alberta School of Business, China Program Agents as well as other key internationalstakeholders.
This Senior Lead directly supervises two positions: Program Advisor and Program Coordinator. The position requires a combination of academic knowledge, leadership skills, relationship building, and a global perspective to ensure the program's success. This position also requires an exceptional degree of responsiveness and communication both to our international partners as well as students to promote an effective partnership relationship as well as a high-quality educational experience. The Senior Lead performs a variety of additional complex program management duties in relation to the international context.
This position primarily works Monday through Friday but exercises considerable flexibility in communicating with key partners and students located in different time zones during non-traditional MDT/MST business hours and over the weekends. Some weekends and international travel are required.
- Assumes primary accountability for budgeting, developing, delivering and reviewing a comprehensive suite of well-managed China Programs to meet student needs, as well as institutional & partner expectations and government agency requirements.
- Oversees the academic services process by way of supervision of the Program Advisors and Coordinators.
- Responsible for the recruitment, development & retention of instructors and faculty.
- Leads negotiation efforts for rates of pay of instructors as well as all contract terms.
- Conducts performance reviews for instructors and provides pertinent feedback.
- Manages the marketing approach for the China Programs and leads social media to promote the China Programs and build student networks.
- Manages the China Programs admissions process and ensures strategies are developed to meet and exceed targets to recruit high-quality students.
- Manages performance of team members to ensure excellent student service, partnership management, and program management through the full program cycle.
- Leads event planning in partnership with China partners, including program opening ceremonies, orientation, recruitment events and convocation celebration events.
- A Master's or Doctoral degree in a relevant field (e.g., Business Administration, Management).
- Five to ten years of significant experience in higher education administration, preferably in program management or leadership roles.
- Exceptional Mandarin speaking and writing abilities is required for communication with our China Partners, Instructors and students.
- Strong understanding of global business and industry trends, with expertise in international business management and relationships.
- Knowledge of the various cultural norms that dictate general practices and protocols, including those specific to China.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities at hand and use mature judgment to prioritize accordingly.
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and processes for business programs.
- Familiarity with copyright and FOIPP rules as per university regulations and relevant laws.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement innovative curriculum and teaching methodologies.
- Experience in student recruitment, admissions, and advising.
- Supervisory experience, leading and directing a team.
- Proficiency in data analysis and using technology for program management and assessment.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Some travel will be required.
- Have a solid understanding of industry trends to inform upon strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting.
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
Supervisor (Research And Innovation), School Of Medicine, THE CHINESE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG - SHENZHEN, China, 5 days ago
2 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company THE CHINESE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG - SHENZHEN Research Field Juridical sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researche...
Research Associate (Management), School Of Management And Economics, THE CHINESE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG - SHENZHEN, China, 5 days ago
2 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company THE CHINESE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG - SHENZHEN Research Field Management sciences Economics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Establishe...
Assistant/Associate Professor In Communication And Media, UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA, China, 9 days ago
30 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA Research Field Communication sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R...
Teaching Fellow In Computer Science, UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA, China, 5 days ago
2 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA Research Field Computer science Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Coun...
Teaching Fellow In Computer Science, UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Join a unique British University in China. University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign university to open its doors in China. This award winning campus offering a UK s...
Research Associate, Operations Management And Information Systems, THE CHINESE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG - SHENZHEN, China, 5 days ago
2 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company THE CHINESE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG - SHENZHEN Research Field Computer science Economics Mathematics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) E...