Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, the incumbent's primary role will be to administer the Faculty's class schedule. The candidate will liaise with different stakeholders of the University, i.e. Enrolment Services, Summer Studies, the Faculty's program offices and Area Coordinators, to produce the best possible class schedule, while taking into account the needs of approximately 2,500 students. The role will also include oversight of the operational requirements of the Faculty's classrooms, liaising with Facilities Operations and IT Services, and provide recommendations for classroom improvements.
- Administer the Faculty's (Fall/Winter) class schedule by liaising with Enrolment Services ensuring inputs for the scheduling exercise are submitted.
- Administer the Desautels calendar of dates ensuring all course lecture sections are scheduled appropriately, adhering to McGill regulations regarding contact hours and other policies.
- Organize the Summer semester by acting as the Faculty liaison with Summer Studies and is the point person for the Programs and Areas ensuring all required courses are scheduled, and that the Summer eCalendar is updated.
- Provide reports, analyses and recommendations to the Vice-Deans, Program Directors and Area Coordinators on cancellations, additional sections, and capacity increases or reductions.
- Assess and provide input and recommendations to Faculty for classrooms improvements, specifically for Teaching and Learning Spaces Working Group (TLSWG) and the University Teaching Labs Working Group (UTLSWG).
- Oversee the process for course materials, communicating relevant deadlines and verifying copyright cost recovery information provided by the McGill Bookstore.
- Responsible for projects-related maintenance and minor enhancements of physical facilities and technology inside Faculty's classrooms.
- Liaise with IT and other support units regarding daily operational maintenance and equipment issues; resolve problems in keeping with Faculty customer focus, priorities and cost management.
- Oversee the room bookings process of classrooms. - Interact with students, professors, staff and others. Resolve problems related to use of premises or classroom bookings. Maximize efficient use and compliance with all applicable regulations for classrooms, while ensuring pedagogical needs of students and professors are met.
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities
Demonstrated ability to be both detail-oriented and see the bigger picture. Ability to handle competing priorities is a must. Proven ability to listen and assist clients, students and staff with problems. Ability to deal effectively and diplomatically in delicate situations. An independent thinker who is able to work autonomously and as part of a team. Excellent communications and interpersonal skills are required. High level of adaptability and a willingness to learn. Demonstrated ability to work in a PC environment using word processing, spreadsheet, and database (advanced EXCEL, an asset); as well as ability to use e-mail and Minerva. Banner (GEN 300, SIS 393 and ESW 100) and Infosilem are required. English and French (spoken and written).
Minimum Education and Experience:
DEC III 3 Years Related Experience /
(MPEX Grade 03) $50,330.00 - $75,490.00
Hours per Week:
33.75 (Full time)
Position End Date (If applicable):
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-398-3711.
Department Coordinator Museums And Associated Departments, Beloit College, United States, about 3 hours ago
The Coordinator for Museums and Associated Departments serves as an administrative resource for the faculty and staff housed in the Logan and Wright Museums, including the Departments of Anthropol...
Department Coordinator Career Works And Global And Immersive Learning, Beloit College, United States, about 3 hours ago
The Administrative Coordinator is a 12-month position that provides support services for the professional and student staff members in two departments at Beloit College: the career center and the ...
Coordinator, International Summer School, Aalto University, Findland, 7 days ago
Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovativ...
Associate Director Of Academic Outreach (Summer Sessions), University of Mississippi, United States, about 22 hours ago
Note for Current UM Employees Current employees must apply internally via connectU > connectu.olemiss.edu Definition of Class This position provides oversight for daily operations of academic prog...
Manager, Educational Partnerships, Dallas County Community College District, United States, about 6 hours ago
Apply now Job no:501534 Work type:Full-time Location:Various locations Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00-5:00) Working Title Manager, Educational Partnerships Job Title Code CQB Salary Level NO5 ...
Arts: Assistant/Associate/Full Professor Of Film Tenure Track, American University in Cairo, Egypt, about 13 hours ago
About The American University in Cairo: The American University in Cairo (AUC) has a rich legacy that dates back 100 years. Founded in 1919 as an English-language university based on high standard...