This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority consideration before external candidates.
This position has an expected end date of March 31, 2022.
Under the supervision of the principal investigator, the administrative research assistant facilitates the acquisition and analysis of information from participants in the study of the effects of Covid-19 on the health of health care workers and in studies of wildland firefighters. The person appointed will work closely with research staff on the Covid-19 study.
- Registration and updating data in SPSS from participants in the Covid-19 and HCW study
- Development and testing of study questionnaires in Qualtrics
- Emailing Covid-19 study participants both routinely and to elicit specific information
- Telephoning study participants to encourage participation and complete short questionnaires
- Developing and maintaining participant files
- Conduct descriptive analyses in SPSS
- Preparing tables, figures and references for publication
- Working with the biorepository to ensure accurate reception and recording of samples
- Downloading of confidential results of antibody tests and inclusion in study records
- Receiving and documenting urine and skin wipe samples from wildland firefighters and organizing transport to the University of Calgary laboratory
- Covering the work of the Research and Activities coordinator in her absence, including ordering laboratory and office supplies, expense claims, contracts
- Carry out other duties as required
- Relevant post-secondary education of a Bachelor's degree: a masters degree or experience in health research would be an advantage
- The ability to use SPSS in the management of large data sets
- Experience with the financial and ordering systems within the University is desirable
- Meticulous accuracy in maintaining electronic records
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness and capacity to communicate effectively by telephone is essential
- High competence with MS-Word and experience in preparing tables and figures for reports and publications
- Experience of work with Qualtrics questionnaires would be an advantage
- Experience working with health care workers and with biological samples would be desirable
- Ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively and effectively with others
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Researcher (Position Code 1109) "Covid19 In Kenya" Social Anthropology (Ref 205737), University of Oslo, Norway, 4 days ago
Focusing on Kenya, this project addresses a timely and urgent issue in global heath: the response of African health systems to the Covid-19 pandemic, and the impact of this on the relations betwee...
Research Assistant, Babes-Bolyai University, Romania, 24 days ago
1.) graduation from higher education with a bachelor's exam in socio-medical fields; Ph.D. doctoral student 2.) familiar with the coordination and administration of research projects; 3.) solid ex...
Research Fellow, Microbiological Diagnostic Unit, UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE, Australia, 10 days ago
Work type: Fixed Term Location: Parkville Division/Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences Department/School: School of Biomedical Sciences Salary: $105,232 - $124,958 (Level B...
Molecular Lab Student Research Assistants , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 2 hours ago
In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis. 30%-40%, Zurich, fixed-term The Global Ecos...
Post Doctoral Researcher In Bioinformatics, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, 5 days ago
Applications are invited for a fully funded Postdoctoral Research Fellow position to work on the genomics of COVID-19 in the Trinity COVID-19 Research Hub at Trinity Translational Medicine Institu...
2 Year Postdoctoral Position In Statistics For Covid 19 Modelling At The Oslo Centre For..., University of Oslo, Norway, 24 days ago
The candidate will develop new statistical methodology and models to describe the dynamics of the COVID-19 pandemics in Norway and across the Nordic countries. The present position is part of a No...