Faculty of Engineering - Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
Competition No. - S103633406
Posting Date - Jul 20, 2017
Closing Date - Jul 27, 2017
Position Type - Full Time - Grant Funded
Salary Range - $42,830 to $57,364 per year
Grade - 06
Hours - 35
This competition is open to current University of Alberta employees only.
This position has a term length of one year and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: www.hrs.ualberta.ca .
The Faculty of Engineering is looking for a Research Assistant - Technology Implementation to join the Engineering team in the Chemical and Materials Engineering Department.
This position is responsible for assisting and supporting the Principal Investigator (PI) in the overall operation of the research group.
- Assists graduate students with their experimental work as requested by the PI
- Supports in the writing and review of Safe Work Procedures, and ensures they are followed by each student
- Interfaces directly with industry sponsors to coordinate, facilitate transition of research results/methods/models developed within the Pipeline Transport Process (PTP) Research Group into field-tests
- Conducts specific analytical testing in the PTP labs, supervises specific services requested by industry, and is responsible for all analysis and reporting
- Trains and oversees student use of specialized instruments in the PTP labs
- Performs testing using specialized instruments for research and testing services as requested by the PI
- Liaises with the PI and other staff to give/receive information
- Prepares correspondence for internal use (among group members) and external use(industry sponsors, vendors, external research partners); this correspondence may include (but is not limited to): emails, letters, technical presentations, etc.
- As a member of the PTP Group’s Lab Committee, supports the safe operation of the labs by participating in lab inspections, organizing lab cleanups, assisting students in writing Safe Work Procedures, participating in and/or leading Risk Assessments and HAZOPS evaluations
- Travels for conferences/meetings pertaining to the PTP Group’s Research
- Visits the operation sites of the PTP Group’s Industry Sponsors
- MSc preferred; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered; minimum related postsecondary education
- Minimum 1 year of industry experience, with training within a laboratory setting
- EIT designation is an asset
- Experience preparing reports, presentations and publications for submission to peer-reviewed journals
- Experience in research and development methodologies and engineering analysis
- Ability to work independently and to be able to comment on the accuracy, completeness, and relevancy of data collected and analyses conducted
- Excellent attention to detail and communication (verbal and written) skills
How to Apply
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.
Senior Researcher In Topology Optimization, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 18 hours ago
Apply no later than 22 October 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Mechanical Eng by completing the following form. Apply online DTU, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Section of Solid Mechanics is ...
Analytical Chemist (Ms Specialist) For Compound Identification, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 18 hours ago
Apply no later than 16 November 2017 Apply for the job at Center for Biosustainability by completing the following form. Apply online The analytical Core facility at the Novo Nordisk Foundation C...
Senior Researcher In Active Distribution Networks And Modelling And Control Of Integrated Energy Systems, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 8 days ago
Apply no later than 11 October 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Electrical Eng by completing the following form. Apply online The Department of Electrical Engineering invites applicants for a positio...
Business & Industry Development Manager (Engineering And Mathematical Sciences), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 8 days ago
Job no:498937 Work type:full-time Location:Crawley, Perth CBD Categories:Business Development Business & Industry Development Manager, EMS| REF: 498937 Business Development and Innovation Full tim...
Research Scientist In Secondary Metabolite Bioinformatics, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 6 days ago
Apply no later than 13 October 2017 Apply for the job at Center for Biosustainability by completing the following form. Apply online We are seeking a highly motivated researcher to join our highl...
] Assistant Professor , , United States, about 4 hours ago
The MIT Department of Chemical Engineering (https://cheme.mit.edu/) invites candidates for faculty positions starting July 2018 or thereafter. Appointment will be at the assistant or untenured ass...