Faculty of Engineering - Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
Competition No. - S103633406
Posting Date - Jul 20, 2017
Closing Date - Jul 27, 2017
Position Type - Full Time - Grant Funded
Salary Range - $42,830 to $57,364 per year
Grade - 06
Hours - 35
This competition is open to current University of Alberta employees only.
This position has a term length of one year and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: www.hrs.ualberta.ca .
The Faculty of Engineering is looking for a Research Assistant - Technology Implementation to join the Engineering team in the Chemical and Materials Engineering Department.
This position is responsible for assisting and supporting the Principal Investigator (PI) in the overall operation of the research group.
- Assists graduate students with their experimental work as requested by the PI
- Supports in the writing and review of Safe Work Procedures, and ensures they are followed by each student
- Interfaces directly with industry sponsors to coordinate, facilitate transition of research results/methods/models developed within the Pipeline Transport Process (PTP) Research Group into field-tests
- Conducts specific analytical testing in the PTP labs, supervises specific services requested by industry, and is responsible for all analysis and reporting
- Trains and oversees student use of specialized instruments in the PTP labs
- Performs testing using specialized instruments for research and testing services as requested by the PI
- Liaises with the PI and other staff to give/receive information
- Prepares correspondence for internal use (among group members) and external use(industry sponsors, vendors, external research partners); this correspondence may include (but is not limited to): emails, letters, technical presentations, etc.
- As a member of the PTP Group’s Lab Committee, supports the safe operation of the labs by participating in lab inspections, organizing lab cleanups, assisting students in writing Safe Work Procedures, participating in and/or leading Risk Assessments and HAZOPS evaluations
- Travels for conferences/meetings pertaining to the PTP Group’s Research
- Visits the operation sites of the PTP Group’s Industry Sponsors
- MSc preferred; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered; minimum related postsecondary education
- Minimum 1 year of industry experience, with training within a laboratory setting
- EIT designation is an asset
- Experience preparing reports, presentations and publications for submission to peer-reviewed journals
- Experience in research and development methodologies and engineering analysis
- Ability to work independently and to be able to comment on the accuracy, completeness, and relevancy of data collected and analyses conducted
- Excellent attention to detail and communication (verbal and written) skills
How to Apply
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.
Research Engineer, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 1 day ago
Information about the department The Department of Biology and Biological Engineering is aiming at bridging cutting edge life sicence research with biochemical engineering, in order to emerge as t...
Sintef Industry Is Looking For Research Scientist/Senior Research Scientist – Process Chemistry And..., SINTEF, Norway, 15 days ago
We are looking for a new research scientist to strengthen our research group. Your areas of responsibility as a member of our Process Chemistry and Functional Materials group will be to develop an...
Ph D: Development And Scale Up Of Liquid Crystalline Based Polymeric Membranes, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, 10 days ago
Departments Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry Graduate Programs Chemical Engineering and Chemistry Reference number V37.3210 Job description Research focus Membrane Materials and Pr...
Tenure Track Assistant Professor In Statistics, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 6 days ago
Stochastics (STO): The section comprises chairs in probability, statistics, and stochastic operation research. It is one of the three sections with Mathematics of the Department of Mathematics and...
Project Leader/Scientist Packaging And Bio Based Materials Scion, Scion, New Zealand, 8 days ago
We need Polymer chemists, chemical engineers or materials scientists We have 2 unique opportunities based in our Rotorua office in New Zealand We are offering full-time permanent positions within ...
Postdoctoral Position In Synthesis And Self Assembly Of Nanoparticles In Nanochannels, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 1 day ago
Information about the Research Project Small improvements in efficiency and/or selectivity of nanoparticle catalysts, frequently used in the chemical industry, result in billions of euros of reven...