Faculty of Engineering - Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
Competition No. - S103633406
Posting Date - Jul 20, 2017
Closing Date - Jul 27, 2017
Position Type - Full Time - Grant Funded
Salary Range - $42,830 to $57,364 per year
Grade - 06
Hours - 35
This competition is open to current University of Alberta employees only.
This position has a term length of one year and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: www.hrs.ualberta.ca .
The Faculty of Engineering is looking for a Research Assistant - Technology Implementation to join the Engineering team in the Chemical and Materials Engineering Department.
This position is responsible for assisting and supporting the Principal Investigator (PI) in the overall operation of the research group.
- Assists graduate students with their experimental work as requested by the PI
- Supports in the writing and review of Safe Work Procedures, and ensures they are followed by each student
- Interfaces directly with industry sponsors to coordinate, facilitate transition of research results/methods/models developed within the Pipeline Transport Process (PTP) Research Group into field-tests
- Conducts specific analytical testing in the PTP labs, supervises specific services requested by industry, and is responsible for all analysis and reporting
- Trains and oversees student use of specialized instruments in the PTP labs
- Performs testing using specialized instruments for research and testing services as requested by the PI
- Liaises with the PI and other staff to give/receive information
- Prepares correspondence for internal use (among group members) and external use(industry sponsors, vendors, external research partners); this correspondence may include (but is not limited to): emails, letters, technical presentations, etc.
- As a member of the PTP Group’s Lab Committee, supports the safe operation of the labs by participating in lab inspections, organizing lab cleanups, assisting students in writing Safe Work Procedures, participating in and/or leading Risk Assessments and HAZOPS evaluations
- Travels for conferences/meetings pertaining to the PTP Group’s Research
- Visits the operation sites of the PTP Group’s Industry Sponsors
- MSc preferred; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered; minimum related postsecondary education
- Minimum 1 year of industry experience, with training within a laboratory setting
- EIT designation is an asset
- Experience preparing reports, presentations and publications for submission to peer-reviewed journals
- Experience in research and development methodologies and engineering analysis
- Ability to work independently and to be able to comment on the accuracy, completeness, and relevancy of data collected and analyses conducted
- Excellent attention to detail and communication (verbal and written) skills
How to Apply
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.
The Dual Function Of F Atp Synthase In Tumor Cell Metabolism And Survival, Università degli Studi di Padova - Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche, Italy, 15 days ago
A crucial mitochondrial effector of cell death is the permeability transition pore (PTP), whose opening induces mitochondrial depolarization and swelling with release of Ca2+ and apoptogenic prote...
Research And Education Assistant In Mechatronics And Embedded Software (1,0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 10 hours ago
Organisation Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative centre of higher education offering high-quality teaching...
Postdoctoral Position In Process Systems Engineering (Flexible And Adaptable Scheduling Models), Aalto University, Finland, 19 days ago
Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovativ...
Lab Equipment Maintenance Engineer/Specialist Depositions, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, about 23 hours ago
Job Location Saudi Arabia Job Title Lab Equipment Maintenance Engineer/Specialist- Depositions Job Type Non-Academic Job Summary The Depositions Laboratory Equipment Maintenance Engineer/Speci...
Pd Eng Traineeship In Chemical Product Design , Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 6 hours ago
PDEng Traineeship in Chemical Product Design Department/faculty: Applied Sciences Level: Master degree Working hours: 38 hours per week Contract: Initially a 1-year contract, with a possible 1-yea...
Technical Assistant Position In The Field Of Molecular Biology/Biochemistry/Chemical Biology, AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH, Austria, 13 days ago
We are recruiting a technical assistant (m/f) with experience in molecular biology, biochemistry and/or chemical biology. IMAGINE: You work in an international research team to develop new regulat...