Research Assistant (Research Institute)
Research Institute of the MUHC
Research and teaching
Temporary full time
Le Centre universitaire de santé McGill (CUSM) est un centre hospitalier universitaire intégré, reconnu à l’échelle internationale pour l’excellence de ses programmes cliniques, de sa recherche et de son enseignement. Le CUSM a pour objectif d’assurer aux patients des soins fondés sur les connaissances les plus avancées dans le domaine de la santé et de contribuer au progrès des connaissances.
RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS).
The MyeliNeuroGene Research Laboratory, directed by Dr. Genevieve Bernard, MD, MSc, a clinician-scientist, is looking for a motivated person to fill the position of full-time research assistant. Under the direction of the principal investigator, the research assistant participates in the execution of various clinical research activities including research subject recruitment, clinical trial coordination, protocol compliance, clinical trial database management and maintenance, among others.
• Plans and coordinates study protocols and compliance,
• Prepares and submits research ethics board applications and renewals,
• Manages data collection, organization, processing, and validation,
• Recruits and coordinates research subjects as specified in study protocol,
• Serves as a point of contact for other staff members, funding agencies, regulatory bodies, and research organizations,
• Supervises and coordinates student researchers,
• Monitors research activities, maintains detailed records and prepares reports and presentations as required by investigators, funding agencies, or regulatory bodies,
Education / Experience
• MSc or PhD in a biomedical field is required,
• ICH-GCP certification is considered an asset,
• Proficiency in French and English (written and spoken) is required,
Clinical Training/Experience Requirements:
• Minimum of 1 year of clinical research experience,
• Excellent planning, organization, time-management skills,
• Excellent communication and networking skills,
• Computer competency including Microsoft Office Suite,
• Coding proficiency including git, PHP, and Python,
• Knowledge of clinical research software and platforms,
• Familiarity with database management and analysis,
Status: Temporary, full time
Pay Scale: Commensurate with education and experience
Work Shift: From 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Mondays to Fridays
Work Site: RI-MUHC (Glen site), possibility of occasional remote work
A cover letter is required with your application.
To learn more about our benefits, please visit http://rimuhc.ca/en/compensation-and-benefits
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity, diversity and inclusion within its community. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates who self-identify as members of racialized groups/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and 2SLGBTQIA+ persons. We also welcome candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may confidentially contact, firstname.lastname@example.org
Postdoctoral Position In Machine Learning, Astrophysics, And Cosmology, Université de Montréal, Canada, 6 days ago
We are excited to announce multiple postdoctoral positions in topics related to astrophysics, cosmology, and machine learning in Ciela Institute (https://ciela.science ), affiliated with the Unive...