Research Assistant (Research Institute)
Research Institute of the MUHC
Research and teaching
Temporary full time
$47,320.00 - $87,887.80 /Year
Le Centre universitaire de santé McGill (CUSM) est un centre hospitalier universitaire intégré, reconnu à l’échelle internationale pour l’excellence de ses programmes cliniques, de sa recherche et de son enseignement. Le CUSM a pour objectif d’assurer aux patients des soins fondés sur les connaissances les plus avancées dans le domaine de la santé et de contribuer au progrès des connaissances.
RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS).
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join a new interdisciplinary research program called DERIVE (deriveresearch.ca), which investigates the intersections of genetic variants and environmental exposures on the developmental origins of disease. The position involves the use of a wide range of cellular, molecular and biochemical techniques for the functional validation of the impact of gene variant-by-environment interactions on the pathogenesis of developmental diseases using human organoid models.
Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, the incumbent of the position of research assistance in cell, developmental, and molecular biology:
• Assists in the planning and organization of research projects,
• Recruits patients for research studies,
• Obtains consent from patients for participation in research studies,
• Interviews patients,
• Completes patient questionnaires,
• Performs data entry,
• Ensures follow-up of patient information,
• Reviews patient charts,
• Educates staff about on-going research projects,
• Accomplishes any other related tasks as required by the immediate supervisor.
Education / Experience
• MSc in any area of Life Sciences,
• Knowledge of cellular and molecular biology techniques, particularly cell culture and gene editing techniques,
• Knowledge of histology and confocal microscopy,
• Previous experience working with iPSCs and iPSC-derived organoids would be an asset,
• Previous experience working with animal models would be an asset,
• Able to work independently,
• Excellent organizational skills,
• Strong problem-solving skills,
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others,
• Excellent communication skills,
• Motivated, resourceful and curious,
• Experience with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and knowledge of GraphPad Prism, and ImageJ.
Status: Full time, 1 year, renewable
Pay Scale: $47,320 to $87,887.80, commensurate with education and experience
Work Shift: Day time
Work Site: Glen
A cover letter is required with your application.
To learn more about our benefits, please visit http://rimuhc.ca/en/compensation-and-benefits
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity, diversity and inclusion within its community. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates who self-identify as members of racialized groups/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and 2SLGBTQIA+ persons. We also welcome candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may confidentially contact, email@example.com
Postdoctoral Positions In Machine Learning And Cosmology, Ciela Institute, Canada, about 21 hours ago
We are excited to announce multiple postdoctoral positions in topics related to astrophysics, cosmology, and machine learning at Ciela Institute (https://ciela.science ), affiliated with the Unive...