Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply.
If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or position at McGill University), do not apply through this Career Site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting using the Find Jobs report (type Find Jobs in the search bar).
The successful candidate will be part of a team of experts in the production of genetically engineered rodent models (GERMs) in the McGill Integrated Core for Animal Modeling and will report directly to the Associate Director of the facility. The candidate will be involved in the creation of new GERMs using a variety of approaches, including CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing technology.
- Responsible for planning and developing research methodologies relating to the generation of GERMs. Including developing, implementing, and optimizing electroporation and microinjection-based approaches for the generation of GERMs by the CRISPR/Cas9 technology using current scholarly literature as a reference.
- Works independently and uses their expertise to design guide RNAs and PCR-based screening protocols to meet the research objectives of platform users in the generation of GERMs by the CRISPR/Cas9 technology.
- Remains up-to-date with the CRISP/Cas9 genome editing literature and expected to use the knowledge and information gathered to provide new ideas in optimizing the use of this technology in the lab.
- Uses their scholarly background to contribute to problem solving discussions related to other methodologies and research protocols used in the lab.
- Develops detailed reports for the Associate Director and for platform users detailing project planning and design, analysis of results obtained, and project milestones.
- Expected to actively participate in a variety of research protocols related to the generation of GERMs, including, pronuclear microinjections into embryos, culturing and surgical implantation of pre-implantation embryos, standard animal husbandry and colony management, in vitro fertilization, sperm and embryo cryopreservation, and hormone injections.
- Master’s degree in biology and / or in life sciences
- 1+ year hands-on experience working in the creation of GERMs in a transgenic facility.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, design, generate, and screen a novel GERM using Crispr/Cas9 technology.
OTHER QUALIFYING SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Qualified at performing preimplantation embryo manipulation
- Capable of designing and testing target guides both in vitro and in vivo using sequence analysis and T7 endonuclease assay
- Able to cryopreserve and vitrify sperm and embryos and experience with in vitro fertilization.
- Skilled at pronuclear microinjection of mRNA, protein, and plasmids.
- Significant animal husbandry experience with mice and rats, including hormone injections, mating, checking for vaginal plugs, euthanization, tail clipping, ear tagging, and general colony management.
- Experienced at troubleshooting procedures, protocols; Seeks guidance as necessary for the performance of duties, asks appropriate questions when in doubt and utilizes reference sources/materials to ensure accuracy.
- Able to communicate in both French and English both orally and written
Hours per Week:
40 (Full time)
Life Sciences Bldg .
Associate Director Facility
Position Start Date:
Position End Date:
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, firstname.lastname@example.org .
3 Year Post Doctoral Position In France, To Work On Pediatric Liver Cancer, Bordeaux Institute in Oncology, France, 29 days ago
7 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Bordeaux Institute in Oncology Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country France Application Deadline ...
Research Assistant Ii Lab, Harvard University, United States, 19 days ago
17-May-2023 Harvard Medical School 62434BR Position Description The DePace lab at Harvard Medical School has the long-term goal of understanding how regulatory DNA dictates transcriptional network...
Research Assistant I Lab, Harvard University, United States, 8 days ago
26-May-2023 Faculty of Arts and Sciences 62395BR Job Summary The Wagers laboratory studies the biology and function of adult tissue-specific stem cells, particularly those stem cells that form the...
Postdoctoral Fellow The Laboratory Of Prof. Tracy Mc Gaha, Centre for Oncology and Immunology, Hong Kong, 21 days ago
The long-term objective of the Centre for Oncology and Immunology is to employ novel functional screens, animal and cell models including organoids, immuno-oncology approach, as well as advanced g...
Postdoc In Crispr/Cas Based Gene Editing, Aarhus University, Denmark, 6 days ago
The Department of Biomedicine at Faculty of Health at Aarhus University invites applications for a position as Postdoc in the field of CRISPR/Cas-based gene editing as per 1 September 2023 or as s...
Post Doctoral Fellowship In Molecular Biology / Epigenetics, FAPESP - São Paulo Research Foundation, Brazil, 5 days ago
1 Jun 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company FAPESP - São Paulo Research Foundation Research Field Medical sciences Researcher Profile Established Researcher (R3) Country Brazil Application Dea...