RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS).
The Indigenous Maternal Infant Health & Well-being (IMIHW) Lab investigates the social determinants of Indigenous maternal child health using quantitative, qualitative and participatory research methodologies. The IMIHW Lab seeks an experienced research assistant to support two multi-year projects in Nunavik and Nunavut involving Inuit perinatal health.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
• Assists in the planning/organization of research projects,
• Assists in data collection efforts in research studies,
• Interviews patients,
• Completes patient questionnaires,
• Reviews patient charts,
• Performs data entry,
• Supports elder-led activities
• Supports research activities directly related to the research project such as literature reviews, grant preparation, scientific reports, and preparation of ethics review board documents and contracts,
• Assist in knowledge transfer activities (e.g., producing podcasts and creating content for website),
• Accomplishes any other related tasks as required by the immediate supervisor.
Education / Experience
• Knowledge of Inuit and/or Indigenous communities and culture,
• Experience with database management,
• Experience with Stata or SAS, and Microsoft Access,
• Proficient in English (written and oral),
• Knowledge of French is an asset,
• Knowledge of maternal infant health literature,
• Background in epidemiology, sociology, health geography, psychology, social work or another health-related field,
• MA, MSc, or PhD,
• Excellent interpersonal skills,
• Attention to detail,
• Works well independently as well as with a team.
Status: full time
Pay Scale: $25 to $28 per hour, depending on experience
Work Shift: Monday to Friday, some occasional weekends, 35 hrs/week
Work Site: Glen, McGill University downtown campus, Ullivik, and other sites
To learn more about our benefits, please visit http://rimuhc.ca/en/compensation-and-benefits
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
NOTE: The masculine gender has been used for brevity and includes the feminine gender.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity, diversity and inclusion within its community. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates who self-identify as members of racialized groups/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and 2SLGBTQIA+ persons. We also welcome candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may confidentially contact, firstname.lastname@example.org
Postdoctoral Position In Machine Learning, Astrophysics, And Cosmology, Université de Montréal, Canada, 6 days ago
We are excited to announce multiple postdoctoral positions in topics related to astrophysics, cosmology, and machine learning in Ciela Institute (https://ciela.science ), affiliated with the Unive...