Based in the Faculty of Engineering and working with the E-IDEA initiative team, these Casual Research Assistants positions will play a role in numerous aspects of the “Action xDesign Youth Outreach Project” which partners with local high-schools to support youths’ experience in STEM learning both inside and outside of the classroom. Our interdisciplinary team works together to share knowledge, develop and implement pedagogical programming with and for local schools, iterate upon prior experiences, problem solve, and to continue project growth.
This is a dynamic position for students interested in participating in the implementation of a complex project with moving parts. This role offers an opportunity to participate in important decision-making and project logistics that will shape the growth and development of the Action xDesign program while gaining mentorship from skilled Faculty staff. The perspectives, skills, and voices of the McGill student community are valued in all stages of this project.
Tasks and Duties:
- Help plan, track, and organize project deliverables on target timeline; attend team meetings; being responsive and communicative; engage with problem solving as project unfolds, to help navigate challenges.
- Launch online tutoring program for high school youth - help recruit volunteer tutors (McGill students) and participate in their training; facilitate the delivery of online tutoring, liaising between McGill students and local high schools; contribute to ongoing project development and problem solving with the E-IDEA staff team; and lead project evaluation and feedback from McGill volunteers.
- Direct liaison and coordination with student groups on campus, supporting with the logistics of engaging McGill student volunteers working on our project in local community high-schools; helping to prepare guest lecturers to engage with our student body.
- Aiding with the ongoing and summative evaluation of our project. Working closely with our Communications Team to capture and share qualitative data (ex: testimonials, anecdotes).
- Other tasks, as needed
- Must be a graduate student enrolled at McGill
- Experience developing and implementing a project involving other people with diverse skillsets, roles, and responsibilities.
- Experience with setting up and implementing online learning experiences for young people.
- Seek to make online learning more fun and engaging for youth and your McGill peers.
- Experience working with children or teenagers, either in a recreational or educational context.
- Capable of working well in a team environment, as well as alone, taking initiative to stay on top of tasks and develop work and relationships with partners (both McGill-based and in local communities).
- Eager to build strong relationships with McGill students & student groups to help create a more engaged and meaningful student-experience
- Display an interest in putting equity, diversity and inclusion into practice.
- Familiarity with the Design Cycle and how it can be used to improve project development
- Fluency in English (spoken and written). French fluency is an added asset.
Hours per Week:
12 (Part time)
Macdonald Eng. Bldg.
Senior Human Resources Advisor
Position Start Date:
Position End Date:
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-398-3711.
Fachbereich Biologie, Chemie, Pharmazie Fachbereichsbibliothek Biologie, Chemie, Pharmazie Graduiertenkolleg Grk 2662 Research Assistant (Praedoc) (M/F/D) With 65% Part Time Job Limited To 30.09.2024 Entgeltgruppe 13 Tv L Fu Reference Code: Grk2662 Scholarship Bewerbungsende: 27.09.2021, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 4 hours ago
Within the framework of the International Graduate School GRK2662 "Charging into the future: understanding the interaction of polyelectrolytes with biosystems", positions for PhD students in the f...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (F/M/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 7 hours ago
The “Urban Politics” Research Group at the Leibniz-Institute for Research on Society and Space (IRS) is seeking to hire a Postdoctoral Research Fellow (f/m/d) (100% TVL 13) for an appointment star...
Research Assistant Part Time, UNIVERSITAT POMPEU FABRA, Spain, 14 days ago
Research Assistant for a project on “Firm dynamics, intangibles, Technology Diffusion, and public policies”. The RA will help with the development of the project with data management, econometric ...
Open Research Fellow Position For A Ph D Student, ISCTE - Instituto Universitário de Lisboa, Portugal, 3 days ago
The Centro de Investigação e Estudos de Sociologia (CIES-Iscte) of the Iscte - Instituto Universitário de Lisboa is accepting applications for one Research Fellowship for a PhD Student, within the...
Position Of A Scholarship Holder, University of Warsaw, Poland, 1 day ago
Announcement of the competition for the position of a scholarship holder in the project ‘Employer interests as an underrated factor in labour migration – an institutional approach (E factor)’ fund...
Scientific Research Assistant Ph D Student, Universitatea de Medicina si Farmacie "Victor Babes" Timisoara, Romania, 17 days ago
Duties and responsibilities within project BAPRONIO – PN-III-P1-1.1-TE-2019-2134: a. documentation activity and bibliographic processing b. performing in vitro experiments on 2D and 3D cell lines ...