This competition is open to all applicants, however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority consideration before external candidates.
This is a temporary position and has an anticipated end date of March 31, 2022. The hourly rate will be based on experience and skill set.
Reporting to the Associate Dean, Research, the Research, Accreditation and Survey Coordinator coordinates reporting of the School’s research performance, maintains comprehensive faculty-wide research statistics, and administers the School’s research grants and awards processes. This position is also responsible for planning and coordinating the collection, dissemination and maintenance of the Alberta School of Business accreditation documents. This position is designated by the Dean as the official Data Direct Administrator for the School, which is responsible for administering the access to the AACSB surveys and benchmarking for the School. Moreover, this position provides support for research-related School activities.
- Administers the School’s Research Awards process, including communication calls for applications and submissions
- Coordinates information updates from the Research Services Office (RSO) to the Associate Dean, Chairs and faculty members regarding research awards processes
- Maintains records of all research grant applications and awards of faculty members
- Manages the publication statistics and maintenance of research tracking data, tools, and/or database(s); tracks publications from all faculty members on an ongoing basis
- Generates reports about faculty research, such as publications and grants received
- Maintains and updates to the School's research and researcher's webpages using Cascade CMS
- Manages accreditation materials collection: notifies branches of deadlines; maintains project timeline(s); and notifies stakeholders of key dates, omissions, and special needs related to accreditation
- Maintains comprehensive records of committee meeting materials
- Coordinates collection of survey data; completes surveys for senior management review and approval
- Interprets data and information and provides advice regarding progress, analysis and issues to the Associate Dean, Research as required
- Prepares and collates briefing binders (as required) for research, accreditation, and surveys
- Drafts research and award related written content, data and tables as required
- Post-secondary certification in administration and/or research-related field
- 2-3 years working experience in a research administration function or in a related university/post-secondary administrative position
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Publisher), Google suite (Calendar, Tasks, Drive, Meet, etc.) as well as online meeting platform such as Zoom. Advanced knowledge and user skills with these applications are preferred
- Webpage design skills (manipulating information for webpages, basic and advanced web formatting) and the ability to become proficient in using the University web publishing platform Cascade CMS
- Experience with PeopleSoft processes for expenditures and financial reports is an asset
- Advanced research skill with experience of using UofA library online publication databases and eJournals is preferred
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and interpersonal
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of UofA research policies and statistical processes is an asset
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Research Communications Manager, Brown University, United States, 22 days ago
Job Description: The Communications Manager is a professional responsible for developing strategic communications and messaging in the Office of the Vice President for Research. This position deve...
Chair Professor/Professor/Associate Professor , City University of Hong Kong ;, Hong Kong, 19 days ago
Applications are invited for appointment as Chair Professor/Professor/Associate Professor in the School of Law. City University of Hong Kong (CityU) is one of the world’s leading universities, kno...
Director Of Education, Research And Development Institute, Ime, XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), Europe, 6 days ago
DEPARTMENT: School of Intelligent Manufacturing Ecosystem POSITION TITLE: Director of Education, Research and Development Institute LOCATION: Suzhou Campus POSITION OPEN DATE: 8 June 2021 ADVERTIS...
Associate Dean Of Student Affairs, Brown University, United States, 3 days ago
Job Description: Reporting to the Dean, the Associate Dean for Student Affairs in the School of Professional Studies is responsible for providing leadership in developing and delivering programs a...
Professor In Data Management , Aalto University ;, Finland, 21 days ago
The Department of Computer Science at Aalto University – in the top-20 young universities worldwide – invites applications for a tenured position at the Associate or Full Professor level in the ar...
Associate Professor (Early Childhood Education), FLINDERS UNIVERSITY, Australia, 5 days ago
About Flinders Our bold vision, captured in our Strategic Plan: making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporar...