This competition is open to all applicants, however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority consideration before external candidates.
This is a temporary position and has an anticipated end date of March 31, 2022. The hourly rate will be based on experience and skill set.
Reporting to the Associate Dean, Research, the Research, Accreditation and Survey Coordinator coordinates reporting of the School’s research performance, maintains comprehensive faculty-wide research statistics, and administers the School’s research grants and awards processes. This position is also responsible for planning and coordinating the collection, dissemination and maintenance of the Alberta School of Business accreditation documents. This position is designated by the Dean as the official Data Direct Administrator for the School, which is responsible for administering the access to the AACSB surveys and benchmarking for the School. Moreover, this position provides support for research-related School activities.
- Administers the School’s Research Awards process, including communication calls for applications and submissions
- Coordinates information updates from the Research Services Office (RSO) to the Associate Dean, Chairs and faculty members regarding research awards processes
- Maintains records of all research grant applications and awards of faculty members
- Manages the publication statistics and maintenance of research tracking data, tools, and/or database(s); tracks publications from all faculty members on an ongoing basis
- Generates reports about faculty research, such as publications and grants received
- Maintains and updates to the School's research and researcher's webpages using Cascade CMS
- Manages accreditation materials collection: notifies branches of deadlines; maintains project timeline(s); and notifies stakeholders of key dates, omissions, and special needs related to accreditation
- Maintains comprehensive records of committee meeting materials
- Coordinates collection of survey data; completes surveys for senior management review and approval
- Interprets data and information and provides advice regarding progress, analysis and issues to the Associate Dean, Research as required
- Prepares and collates briefing binders (as required) for research, accreditation, and surveys
- Drafts research and award related written content, data and tables as required
- Post-secondary certification in administration and/or research-related field
- 2-3 years working experience in a research administration function or in a related university/post-secondary administrative position
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Publisher), Google suite (Calendar, Tasks, Drive, Meet, etc.) as well as online meeting platform such as Zoom. Advanced knowledge and user skills with these applications are preferred
- Webpage design skills (manipulating information for webpages, basic and advanced web formatting) and the ability to become proficient in using the University web publishing platform Cascade CMS
- Experience with PeopleSoft processes for expenditures and financial reports is an asset
- Advanced research skill with experience of using UofA library online publication databases and eJournals is preferred
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and interpersonal
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of UofA research policies and statistical processes is an asset
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Project And Outreach Manager (Special Consultant), University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 18 hours ago
The GLOBE Institute is looking for an energetic and organized project and outreach manager for a period of 4 years, as part of the newly funded EU Research and Innovation Actions project 3D’omics ...
Professor Or Reader And Associate Dean Of Education , University of Kent ;, Kenya, 1 day ago
Kent Business School (KBS) is seeking to appoint a Professor or Reader with an Associate Dean of Education and UG Student Experience role running alongside to provide strategic leadership in educa...
Research Professor J Pal Mena, American University in Cairo, Egypt, about 23 hours ago
About The American University in Cairo: Founded in 1919, AUC moved to a new 260-acre state-of-the-art campus in New Cairo in 2008. The university also operates in its historic downtown facilities...
Director Of Education, Research And Development Institute (Erdi), Ime , Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University ;, China, 18 days ago
Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University – School of Intelligent Manufacturing Ecosystem CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed-Term/3-year contract, renewable. 3rd contract is open-ended University Overview Located i...
Director Of Education, Research And Development, School Of Internet Of Things, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
Director of Education, Research and Development, School of Internet of Things DEPARTMENT: School of Internet of Things POSITION TITLE: Director of Education, Research and Development LOCATION: S...
Associate Dean For Medical Education, Brown University, United States, 7 days ago
Job Description: THE SEARCH Brown University, The Warren Alpert Medical School (AMS) invites applications and nominations for the position of Associate Dean for Medical Education. Brown is a leadi...