Please note that this is a 10-month full-time term position. Carleton University also welcomes applications from continuing employees. If a Continuing employee is the successful candidate, this assignment will be considered a Career Development Assignment, and the successful candidate must obtain a leave of absence from their current and substantive position, where applicable. Permission for such leave must not be unreasonably withheld.
Internal candidates will be given priority consideration at this time. Please note: Carleton University encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Undergraduate Recruitment, the Recruitment Coordinator assists in the coordination and implementation of the plan for the university’s national high school and college visitation program and other recruitment events, including relevant online recruitment events. The incumbent is responsible for assisting with the training of recruitment representatives (i.e. recruitment staff, student ambassadors and other stakeholders as necessary). The incumbent participates in on and off campus recruitment events including relevant online events for prospective students; responds to information requests providing advice to a diverse group of prospective students, parents, guidance counsellors, teachers, university colleagues and other organizations on admissions, programs and services and assists with providing copy for internal and external publications, University websites, social media tools and performs other duties as required.
The incumbent must possess the following qualifications:
• Excellent presentation skills and experience developing presentations and speaking to large groups of people. Ability to project a positive image when addressing large audiences.
• Exceptional organization skills to plan, implement and participate in recruitment activities both on and off campus and online.
• Strong knowledge of Carleton University, the University’s academic programs, structure and admission and recruitment practices, the Ottawa region and the Canadian and international education systems.
• Able to professionally and tactfully interact with external stakeholders, including guidance counsellors, in a timely and respectable manner.
• Capable of effectively organizing and handling a heavy workload; working independently using good judgment; ability to take initiative.
• A high energy level, patience, flexibility, and a willingness to travel extensively and work non-traditional hours. Travel and time commitments will depend on the recruitment event schedule. Ability to complete tasks while travelling up to two weeks at a time for work.
• Effectively work as a member of a team and contribute to hiring, training, motivating and coaching team members including during travel periods and on evenings and weekends.
• Ability to recruit, motivate, and organize student ambassadors for various recruitment activities and events.
• Excellent communication and writing skills required for interacting with a diverse population.
• Strong understanding of social media and other emerging platforms for engaging with prospective students and an ability to learn and keep up to date with various computer software and technology.
• Maintains a valid driver's license.
• English language fluency is required. French language although not mandatory is a strong asset.
Education and Experience:
The above is normally acquired through the completion of:
• A university honours degree in business (marketing), journalism, communications, English, or public relations. Strong preference given to a Carleton undergraduate degree.
• 2 years of experience in recruitment, event planning, marketing, public relations, communications, or journalism.
• Experienced with Professional presentations to large groups (100+ attendees), preferably in a university environment.
If you are an internal applicant, please make sure to update your current union status in your candidate profile each time you apply for a vacancy.
Carleton University and CUPE 2424 are currently completing a joint job evaluation and pay equity project. The University and the Union are working together to describe the skills, effort, responsibilities and working conditions associated with every CUPE 2424 job, including this one. As a result, the job description that is currently associated with this posting (for recruitment purposes) may be revised to reflect the actual duties captured in the new job descriptions.
By applying for this job you are acknowledging that the actual duties associated with this job may differ somewhat from those identified in the job posting and that you will agree to perform the duties of this job as determined through the joint job evaluation process.
Equivalencies will be considered. Applicants are encouraged to provide information which may demonstrate equivalent qualifications. Please note that applicants may be required to complete an employment test as part of the selection process for this position. Those applicants that are selected for an interview will be requested to contact the Human Resource Advisor assigned to this competition as soon as possible to discuss any accommodation requirements. Arrangements will be made to accommodate your request in a timely manner. Carleton University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within its community as a source of excellence, cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our University including, but not limited to: women; visible minorities; First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples; persons with disabilities; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expressions.
View complete position description
Please confirm that you have updated your candidate profile, if you are a returning applicant. Please note your profile includes important screening information.
Senior Curriculum And Timetabling Officer , University of Southampton ;, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Curriculum and Timetabling Officer to the University’s Curriculum and Timetabling team. Timetabling at Southampton takes an institutional approach to coordinatin...
Farm Bill Wildlife Biologist I Or Ii – Ohio, Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever - The Habitat Organization, United States, 14 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyPheasants Forever and Quail Forever - The Habitat OrganizationLocation2 Ohio Positions: Van Wert and SidneyJ...
Environmental Cleanup Project Manager (Natural Resource Specialist 3), Oregon Department of Environmental Quality, Worldwide, 19 days ago
Initial Posting Date: 10/29/2021 Application Deadline: 11/29/2021 Agency: Department of Environmental Quality Salary Range: $4,436 - $6,789 Position Type: Employee Position Title: Environmental Cl...
01 22 Extension Agent, 4 H Youth Development, Garfield County, Colorado State University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Posting Details Working Title 01-22 Extension Agent, 4-H Youth Development, Garfield County Position Location Rifle, CO Research Professional Position No Posting Number 202101361AP Position Type A...
Farm Bill Wildlife Biologist I Or Ii – Indiana, Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever - The Habitat Organization, United States, 15 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyPheasants Forever and Quail Forever - The Habitat OrganizationLocation2 Positions - Vincennes and Plymouth, ...
02 22 Extension Agent, 4 H Youth Development, Rio Blanco County, Colorado State University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Posting Details Working Title 02-22 Extension Agent, 4-H Youth Development, Rio Blanco County Position Location Meeker, CO Research Professional Position No Posting Number 202101410AP Position Typ...